23rd April 2009 - Rest and Musicians

Kenneh

Throws in how Rest will work.

The lower your kg. Rest is more useful this is due to the fact you use less energy so you gain more from the boost so its useful from time to time.

While a person with high kg. would have Rest a useless option due to the fact they will gain more from just walk-run the way there.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unnecessary update, we already got tons of method to restore run energy like mentioned before ..

even f2ps got lumby/draynor ring to restore run

Only can be used 3 times a day. Use it up in under 2 minutes =/

Also not everybody can use all the other run restoration techniques.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

unnecessary update, we already got tons of method to restore run energy like mentioned before ..

even f2ps got lumby/draynor ring to restore run

Yes, but this new method to restore run energy is based on an entirely new concept. It does add something to the game, imo. It might just come in handy now and then. In addition, it will probably liven up the Runescape cities a bit more, which is definitely something I'd like to see.

Nice little simple aspect that will probably make the game a lot nicer. This is one of those updates where i feel like in a year people will be totally taking it for granted and wondering how we got along without them before.

Ok, to all those saying this will be useless due to the terrorbird, running pots, ect, there are a few cases where this will be great. A few agility courses and mini games allow no familiars, and having loads of potions or sweets can get expensive and can hog your inventory, taking the place of more usefull items. I have wanted a feature like this for sorcerers garden for ages, just because terrorbirds are not allowed there. This would also allow you to rest in stealing creation, hopefuly while you are in a cloud :pray: . Another case I can see is when you are slaying with a bunyip or unicorn, or using a tortus/pack yak for storage. Then, you cannot use a terrorbird, and resting becomes the next best option. ;)

The one thing I think they could add to this, to make it even better, is if you could rest in your bed at your house. This would give you a use for the fairly useles room that you have to have if you have a butler. They could also add to it as well, when you sleep in your bed your other stats (including hp/summon/prayer) regain as well.

Overall, I am really going to love this update =D>

In case you didn't notice, you're not going to get to rest anywhere. You have to go to a spot where a bard is playing music, and listen to the music while your energy restores. This means you might not get to restore run in SC (oh, but in case you didn't know using the altars in SC heal your energy as well and hp and prayer) or near agility courses. It's up to jage where they put these musicians.

This update could be a total bust. It depends on how they really implement it. We don't have real details yet like locations or how much energy will be restored so we can't say at the moment.

When I got the original rest concept brief it had two parts:

1. Create a rest function that the player can use anywhere that will restore run energy more quickly than normal.

2. Create benches that would allow players to sit on and restore run energy even more rapidly.

He said that the benches idea wouldn't work and that that part of it was scrapped in favor of bards. Nothing is said about dropping the rest anywhere function.

If you can rest anywhere then what the hell is the purpose of bards?

Let's think here.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Because bards would do it even faster

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

[hide=Lots of stuffs]
Ok, to all those saying this will be useless due to the terrorbird, running pots, ect, there are a few cases where this will be great. A few agility courses and mini games allow no familiars, and having loads of potions or sweets can get expensive and can hog your inventory, taking the place of more usefull items. I have wanted a feature like this for sorcerers garden for ages, just because terrorbirds are not allowed there. This would also allow you to rest in stealing creation, hopefuly while you are in a cloud :pray: . Another case I can see is when you are slaying with a bunyip or unicorn, or using a tortus/pack yak for storage. Then, you cannot use a terrorbird, and resting becomes the next best option. ;)

The one thing I think they could add to this, to make it even better, is if you could rest in your bed at your house. This would give you a use for the fairly useles room that you have to have if you have a butler. They could also add to it as well, when you sleep in your bed your other stats (including hp/summon/prayer) regain as well.

Overall, I am really going to love this update =D>

In case you didn't notice, you're not going to get to rest anywhere. You have to go to a spot where a bard is playing music, and listen to the music while your energy restores. This means you might not get to restore run in SC (oh, but in case you didn't know using the altars in SC heal your energy as well and hp and prayer) or near agility courses. It's up to jage where they put these musicians.

This update could be a total bust. It depends on how they really implement it. We don't have real details yet like locations or how much energy will be restored so we can't say at the moment.

When I got the original rest concept brief it had two parts:

1. Create a rest function that the player can use anywhere that will restore run energy more quickly than normal.

2. Create benches that would allow players to sit on and restore run energy even more rapidly.

He said that the benches idea wouldn't work and that that part of it was scrapped in favor of bards. Nothing is said about dropping the rest anywhere function.
[/hide]

If you can rest anywhere then what the hell is the purpose of bards?

Let's think here.

OK lets think. Lets call the restoration while walking a value of 1.

Now to rest will either be valued 2 or 3 times 1. Which means that when you rest you gain back double or triple speed.

Now resting and relaxing with a bard will offer even more than simple resting and thus more than walking anywhere from 3 to 6 Which means it can be anywhere from 3 times what you gain walking, double what you gain resting, or more than double what you gain.

Simple math really

Walking

1 x 1 = 1

Resting

1 x 2 = 2 or 1 x 3 = 3

Barding

2 x 2 = 4 or 1 x 5 = 5 or 2 x 3 = 6

Stupid.png