Gmesh

Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Alright so i'm interested in working out my full body and all I have is a set of adjustable dumbells. I'm having troubles making up a work out plan, any ideas?

how much weight are the dumbbells

Well they are adjustable. But lightest possible is 15 and heaviest is 125.

pan.png

. I'm in Iraq, one of the best things a man can do is go home shredded.. It works well with the "I just got home from War" Story.

Well, best of luck to you, and come home safely

EDIT: 300th Post, I'm now a Spartan

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Bench, 150kg (330lb) one rep max

Squats, 210kg (460lb) one rep max (I think, not done this one for a year or so)

I am 6ft 2" 224lb though.

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

I'm going to call [cabbage] on you. You can either take it as a compliment, or not. Either way I'm just going to point out the obvious that the vast majority of people who post stats like that are 100 lb lying losers.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I probably don't want to try any waitlifting, since ive broken my arms 3 times and im only just 13. Probably wouldn't get much, since I have alot more leg strength ( soccer ftw) and im quite tall for my age (5 foot 8.) Im quite weak anyway :wink:

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

As I'm a semi-pro high jumper the max results are not exactly part of my program, but this is what I've reached with my training.

Clean: 92,5kg = 204lbs

Jerk: 80kg = 176 lbs

Snatch: 65kg = 143lbs (I hate that)

Press: 75kg = 165lbs (useless factor anyway)

Squat: 95kg = 209lbs (never tried max, should get like 15kg more)

Most of my weigh-training consists of jumps from half-squat (up to 130kg) and snatches. Plus of course some high jump-specific exercises.

Oh and I'm 20 years old, 1.91 (6'3") tall and 81kg (179lbs).

I'm a high jumper too and I'm 20 too :-). How high do you jump (191 here).

Your squats seem a little low though. I was pretty bad at it and I did like 120 or so.

I'm going to call [cabbage] on you. You can either take it as a compliment, or not. Either way I'm just going to point out the obvious that the vast majority of people who post stats like that are 100 lb lying losers.

I'm going to take it as the former, when I have a chance i'll post up a video of it.

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

I'm 4 months into lifting and even though my strength is [cabbage] compared to you guys, I'm pretty happy. I got my bench up by 20 pounds and can do it for 3 x 5. Deadlifting I got it by by about 60-80 pounds, and squat by like 40 pounds lol.

I'm starting a new 4 day split. Here is the link to some splits if you guys like:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115643271

What's a sig?

So far I only tried the squat machine, since I was underage (turned 16 recently). I do not know my max, because the machine couldn't support any higher, which was 300 pounds.

182 cm, 155 pounds, 15 years of age when I tried it.

So far I only tried the squat machine, since I was underage (turned 16 recently). I do not know my max, because the machine couldn't support any higher, which was 300 pounds.

If by machine, you mind not barbell, then try barbell. It's harder, and you won't do as much, but it's better

yes.png

If by machine, you mind not barbell, then try barbell. It's harder, and you won't do as much, but it's better

Yeah, but barbell is kind of dangerous, no?

I'm 4 months into lifting and even though my strength is [cabbage] compared to you guys, I'm pretty happy. I got my bench up by 20 pounds and can do it for 3 x 5. Deadlifting I got it by by about 60-80 pounds, and squat by like 40 pounds lol.

I'm starting a new 4 day split. Here is the link to some splits if you guys like:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115643271

Are you bodybuilding? I think your mentioned starting strength in another thread, why don't you want to follow that anymore? I'm just curious, I used to do 3 day bodybuilding type splits but wouldn't go back now after discovering stuff like Bill Starr's 5x5. Although saying that i'm on a weird program at the moment for rowing.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

For squating? If you have the proper equipement and space and know the safety procedures for failure it's very safe; it would take skill to injure yourself squating freeweights.

Also, you're probably doing it wrong if your a first time 16 year old lifter and you max out the machine. If that's a legitimate squat machine (not leg press), and that 300 isn't added on to your own weight, either that's a very beginner machine or you're using it incorrectly

For squating? If you have the proper equipement and space and know the safety procedures for failure it's very safe; it would take skill to injure yourself squating freeweights.

Also, you're probably doing it wrong if your a first time 16 year old lifter and you max out the machine. If that's a legitimate squat machine (not leg press), and that 300 isn't added on to your own weight, either that's a very beginner machine or you're using it incorrectly

Ditto. If you don't have proper form then yes you could hurt yourself, but that's why you should be using freeweights anyway. You'll probably know you're doing it wrong because it'll hurt =\.

yes.png

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/387/12846108011030208218060.jpg

thats me, I'm 14, 5ft 3" and weigh approx. 120lb. So, I'm quite short but I reckon I'm alright.

You can find my workout a few pages into the thread. I only focus on keeping my strength, not building it. I'm strong enough already, I don't feel like been the big kid in my grade or any of that crap. But, if you could improve my workout let me know :).

EDIT: I am currenty going for a six-pack. Now, I need some good information on this. I am well built everywhere except the stomach, and it is pissing me off how much it stands out. Basically, I need some good information on getting a six-pack. What I really need to know is:

Effective exercises

A good guide for a diet plan

Any other advice

Thanks for any help :)

disturbeda.png

Crunches and diet. And you're 120, more strength wouldn't hurt. I'm 168 and I'd say I'm weak.

weeeee

as of today i can bench my own weight! i only did 2 reps and i'm sure i didn't go as low as i should've, but i don't care :thumbsup:

hiccup.png

Crunches and diet. And you're 120, more strength wouldn't hurt. I'm 168 and I'd say I'm weak.

Yeah I guess so, but I'm stronger than 80% of my grade (they're a bunch of [kitty]cats :XD:) and I don't really care about all that look tough crap. I feel fine with my current strength, although definitely sometime next year I'll try and get to a gym and packing on a bit more muscle. Other than that it just seems to accumulate lol.

I'm currently doing the reverse crunch, crunches and a few other exercises as well as cutting down my calory intake. Hopefully I'll start seeing some results in a couple of months.

disturbeda.png

Wow nice stats :D

I must say though, unless you are less then 5% body fat, i highly doubt you are not 155lbs. Muscle is heavy, i'm about 11% body fat and 155 but im 5'11''.

Anyways...my stats i guess?

Bench: 120 - I want to get higher

Squat: Most i did was 100, i hate squat it does nothing good for me because i have bad form...gotta work on it lol

And i use only 35lb dumbbells for all those excersises.

It may not be high, but i dont max out, i would rather have endurace and a muscular body then strenght and a overly jacked body lol

Click here to become a Fan of an awesome Facebook page! Tell all your friends :D

168d9fm.png

It may not be high, but i dont max out, i would rather have endurace and a muscular body then strenght and a overly jacked body lol

Uhhhhhhh :blink:

yes.png

Here are my stats:

Bench: 5x5 155

Press: 5x5 80

Deadlift: 1x5 265

Squat: I don't squat :|

dips(+35lbs) 5x5

curl: dunnolol

i weigh 130. goin' for dat dere strength.

am i weak or what?

Here is a better pic of me currently, I took it today:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1149/pa250628.jpg

I get friggin mixed up with lb and Kg, so I'll put my current weight in Kg: 65. At 5" 6 (I also measured myself today). Is that alright? I'm not fat at all except around the stomach, and even then its only a thin layer. The rest I'm pretty much muscle and bone.

disturbeda.png

Uhhhhhhh :blink:

If you played any sports you would know what i mean.

Or if you have ever been trained by a trainer you would have heard him say something similar to that >.<

Seriously, would you rather be the strongest man on the football team but tire out quickly, or be a strong kid who has the endurance to play a full game?

Idk about you, but the choice is pretty easy when you ask me ;)

Click here to become a Fan of an awesome Facebook page! Tell all your friends :D

168d9fm.png

Ditto. If you don't have proper form then yes you could hurt yourself, but that's why you should be using freeweights anyway. You'll probably know you're doing it wrong because it'll hurt =\.

It was a pulley-system machine, lying on your back, you push a platform with your legs and it pulls the weights up. I tried it on the Norwegian Gem cruise ship. Maybe it wasnt a squat machine, like you said.

I tried free weights recently, did 140 pounds.

It was a pulley-system machine, lying on your back, you push a platform with your legs and it pulls the weights up. I tried it on the Norwegian Gem cruise ship. Maybe it wasnt a squat machine, like you said.

I tried free weights recently, did 140 pounds.

Yeah, I don't think that's really the same thing. I can do a loootttt more on that than I can squat with free weights. But for the love of god, if you are starting free weights start low and make sure your form is good so you don't [bleep] up and hurt your back or anything.

yes.png