ComicScape

Maze

Tbh, it looks like it took a beer and 5 minutes to make. Perhaps you could use something more then paint and spend time on it. You should make something distinctive about the characters so that they develop a personality overtime.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but you asked for constructive criticism.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an amazing start, but things can get better I'm sure :)

Also please... the graphics designer in me cries at the sight of MS Paint stickfigures :cry: :cry: If you can, try get hold of ANY other graphics program! One with anti-aliasing!! :cry: I do believe Gimp is a free program though I've never used it.

Welcome to CheapScape. :roll:

I use Paint Shop Pro 9 and I can't afford programs myself really :( :(

Not that I am trying to endorse 'alternative' downloads at all.

There are alternatives out there than PSP/PS that are free, just Google it. You'd be surprised how much good software you can get that is freeware.

Good luck with the comic though! I'd like to see more ^_^

:!: wow ive :wall: never seen so many :cry: smileys =P~ on one post =D>

Amare_nash33.png

Tbh, it looks like it took a beer and 5 minutes to make. Perhaps you could use something more then paint and spend time on it. You should make something distinctive about the characters so that they develop a personality overtime.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but you asked for constructive criticism.

Well, it really depends on what he's aiming for. Perhaps there will be permanent characters with ongoing stories later on, but throwaway people with cheap gags doesn't hurt starting out.

8f14270694.jpg

Oh boy, I should show this to Nadril.

Work on your drawing and your humor. It wasn't funny at all and it was ugly. And don't even try calling me a troll, 'cause I'm just telling you how it is. Besides, making comics about runescape that are actually good isn't very easy at all.

wl7w9j.png

Work on your drawing and your humor. It wasn't funny at all and it was ugly. And don't even try calling me a troll, 'cause I'm just telling you how it is. Besides, making comics about runescape that are actually good isn't very easy at all.

Imagine mixing Cyanide and Happiness-style Comics with Runescape based material :twss:

Also, to OP, if you have a scanner, try drawing your images and importing them onto your computer. You can download Gimp to edit your images.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Imagine mixing Cyanide and Happiness-style Comics with Runescape based material :twss:

Also, to OP, if you have a scanner, try drawing your images and importing them onto your computer. You can download Gimp to edit your images.

What do you mean by Cyanide and Happiness-style? Just the cleanliness of the art or the humor? Because the humor really isn't that great anymore, most of them are just recycling jokes. Or making new ones that are bad.

wl7w9j.png

Hint: The joke is that the newbie is left-handed.

Oh dude, I actually loled irl cause of this, thanks xD.

And to the OP, with some better skills, you can actually make funny comics..like that doctor one with the lobster.

What do you mean by Cyanide and Happiness-style? Just the cleanliness of the art or the humor? Because the humor really isn't that great anymore, most of them are just recycling jokes. Or making new ones that are bad.

The older humor...

here's a 30 second paint job of a basic character.

2ur6o82.png

You can tell the following thing from my quick picture:The character is a bald, black male in blue wizard outfit holding a Zamorak god book and an ancient staff.

There are already too many stick-figure based comics out there. VIOLENCE is the key. JK. But really, you should work on a better visual representation of what you are trying to accomplish. Your line to separate scenes are not straight too.

Here are my steps to creating a comic:

1. Plot

-What is the comic strip about?

2. Script

-What are the characters going to say?

3.Scenery/props/character appearance

-How do you want to visually show your comic?

4.Proof-checking

-Check for graphic/script flaws and anything with issues.

I hope this will help your second release.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Wow, I can't believe you folks took that 15 minute scribble (well, it was more like ten) more seriously than my family takes my actual comics.

Anyway, a messy line style doesn't necessarily mean bad structure unless it doesn't make any sense at all. (I'm looking at you, Dresden Codak.) And yeah, the lead up to the punchline was sort of empty. But so was mine! But I usually don't put that much effort into proving a point.

8f14270694.jpg

The point of critiquing is to be constructive not just flat out insulting, If you were to become a teacher I'll pray for your students' sense of self worth.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

The point of critiquing is to be constructive not just flat out insulting, If you were to become a teacher I'll pray for your students' sense of self worth.

Sugar coating it does nothing. In all honesty he used the circle and line tools and added font. It lacks anything that resembles humour. It's just bad, nothing else too it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Not an amazing start, but things can get better I'm sure :)

Also please... the graphics designer in me cries at the sight of MS Paint stickfigures :cry: :cry: If you can, try get hold of ANY other graphics program! One with anti-aliasing!! :cry: I do believe Gimp is a free program though I've never used it.

Welcome to CheapScape. :roll:

I use Paint Shop Pro 9 and I can't afford programs myself really :( :(

Not that I am trying to endorse 'alternative' downloads at all.

There are alternatives out there than PSP/PS that are free, just Google it. You'd be surprised how much good software you can get that is freeware.

Good luck with the comic though! I'd like to see more ^_^

:!: wow ive :wall: never seen so many :cry: smileys =P~ on one post =D>

Wow man, you're amazing. Your post has made me entirely change my outlook on life. I'm a totally different person now! :|

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

In many webcomics, the drawings don't have to be all that great provided that we can understand what's going on and that it's humorous. An example id Cyanide & Happiness. Not the best pictures, but the humor kills me every time. I encourage you to keep up the comics by maybe working on adding detail without subtracting from humor. You don't need to be a pro artist for webcomics, but some detail would be a nice touch.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

[hide=2007-2009 ~Willowguy]RS_Comic___Nr__5_by_Willowguy.png

RS_Comic___Nr__28_by_Willowguy.png[/hide]

There's quite a few good comics on deviantart.

I've never laughed so hard at a comic before...

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

I am usually one to support plot/humour more than art, but this is where I draw the line.

I cannot fathom why you thought stick figures would be acceptable, you need to have some kind of art style, whether it be the one in the post above mine, or a new art style you just created, stick figures will not do.

2Xeo5.png

I think you're off to a good start, but even though I have no problem with the art (I've seen a rather professional comic drawn much like that before), but I found the joke rather lame, if there was a joke at all.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.