Should the HP buffer be raised above 99?

Blackey

I read this entire thread and I saw one key point that everyone seems to have overlooked. Raising the hitpoints max will effect the combat levels of everyone who has more exp than is needed for 99, which would upset anyone who is a pure with 99 in one combat skill and 99 hitpoints.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll state right now, my vote is a emphatic yes. The reason being has already been stated though, 99hp is just not enough to effectively survive the increased damage we see and will continue seeing. Now, to stick with just 99hp can be dealt with in two ways, one is completely revamping combat which would be the most significant change but would also lead to more depth in-game. That's a major overhaul and we will more then likely not see it for years if ever.

Now the other change is making the defense formula change. Rather then having defense just reduce the chance of being hit it should reduce damage as well. This is the more sensible approach and it will make defense actually viable in terms of PvP pures. For example, and remember this is theorycraft numbers, whips at max strength now hit for about 40-50 damage against rune. If the formula changed rune would reduce that to about 30-40, and torags to about 20-30. This would give much more meaning to bringing more expensive armor and would actually give the torag user a hefty increase over the rune user.

The one change that should definitely not be relied upon for this discussion is more high end armor. Reason being is that no one is ever going to really bother using it over rune because chances are its going to be incredibly hard to obtain and the risk won't be worth the reward. Now obviously this can be negated by having smithing able to produce something like titanium armor for about 2-400k more then rune, but from Jagex's track record of releasing end-game items I doubt we will see that.

And to address the direct question of increasing the HP buffer I doubt we will see it work like that. Instead we will see items give HP bonuses. For example rune platelegs would give +5 hp, Rune chest +10 hp, rune full helm +5hp, ect. Which would again bring about higher level armor being better(Torag chest giving +25 hp for example) and making the risk worth it in a sense.

Awsome idea =D>

The game haha you lose

• 1 month later...

too many people on 99hp/over for this to be done, it would unbalance the game too much. although i think that this is definitely a problem(people getting k0ed with 1-2 specs while wearing the best equipment they can afford).

IMO,

the combat triangle should be balanced, so mages had a chance in pking. this would create a lot more different armor options to pick from since now its just the best range/melee def u can get. Some of the best k0ing items with sick specs should get nerfed abit, or have their str bonus transferred into attack bonus. I know, everyone likes to hit high, but i think that lowering the chances of hitting 0s and max hits, and just plainly increasing the chances of doing some damage, the pking would stay pretty much the same, and hit 'n run wouldnt be that effective anymore.

i didnt really think when i wrote this, just random [cabbage] that came into my mind :P

I think they should make better food for members because most people of that level are members.

What about P.V.M?

Its already possable to kill most boss monsters solo.

So making more powerful healing items would make doing the corporeal beast solo-able and the other bosses easier so more gs's come in to the game, price crashes etc etc ...

i disagree with this b/c it creates and unfairness for pures

Sorry but didums, pures cant wear rune, dragon or barrows.

Its there choice to have no def.

If they want the hypothetical new armour train def. :wall:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a way of getting more hp, keep the exp and cb levels all the same is to get 2 (maybe) 3 HP levels per level.

(start at 20 HP then when you increase a level you now have 22 HP but you would be level 2 in HP).

I hope that makes sense. :pray:

I think the def skill should remain the same but the def on items should change to the conventional sense of the word, runescape is the only game I know of were def means you dodge attacks rather then reduce damage.

That combined with my above suggestion would make fights last longer and maybe make pjers dissipate. :P

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

I vote more damage reducing gear.

That, or higher healing food.

You cant increase the stat, kinda unfair for those who have close to 200M hp exp, because as soon as the update comes out, they would already have the max ammount of hp. I know they worked at it, but still, they would dominate til the game leveled out.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

You cant increase the stat, kinda unfair for those who have close to 200M hp exp, because as soon as the update comes out, they would already have the max ammount of hp. I know they worked at it, but still, they would dominate til the game leveled out.

You could make it such that each hp level is equal to two HEALTH POINTS or whatever you call it.

So a player with 99 hp level would have 198 hp, level 15 hp would have 30 hp, etc.

Not that I support, just throwing the idea out here.

You could make it such that each hp level is equal to two HEALTH POINTS or whatever you call it.

So a player with 99 hp level would have 198 hp, level 15 hp would have 30 hp, etc.

Thats what I said just 2 posts above yours :lol:

Great minds think a like, eh.

perfetc_666.png

this idea is stupid

this idea is stupid

Cut the crap and stop spamming.

You have no evidence its stupid.

Thats what I said just 2 posts above yours :lol:

Great minds think a like, eh.

It's subtlety different. But still, :lol:

The problem is, how do you go about expanding the Hitpoints levels - does it work on experience for example? If it does, then many 99 Hp'ers will simply log into the game when the update has been made with the new max hitpoints level, while others who acquired it for the cape will still retain 99 hitpoints.

For example, they raise the bar by 20 hitpoints, meaning you must now need 28million experience in hitpoints to have the 'new' max level in hitpoints... So the guys with 30million+ hp experience will now have 119 hitpoints while those who originally had 13.5million xp will still only have 99 for little or no 'additional' work. So now we have two level 138 playerkillers however one has 119 hitpoints and one has 99 hitpoints... I dont really see how that is fair

The problem is, how do you go about expanding the Hitpoints levels - does it work on experience for example? If it does, then many 99 Hp'ers will simply log into the game when the update has been made with the new max hitpoints level, while others who acquired it for the cape will still retain 99 hitpoints.

For example, they raise the bar by 20 hitpoints, meaning you must now need 28million experience in hitpoints to have the 'new' max level in hitpoints... So the guys with 30million+ hp experience will now have 119 hitpoints while those who originally had 13.5million xp will still only have 99 for little or no 'additional' work. So now we have two level 138 playerkillers however one has 119 hitpoints and one has 99 hitpoints... I dont really see how that is fair

Read the above post.

perfetc_666.png

Read the above post.

I did read it... You honestly think that by making a bunch of F2p'ers hp double is going to make Playerkilling most exiting? I mean, they struggle enough as it is to hit a decent number and by doubling the HP is will take TWICE as long to kill someone.

I definitely dont support this version of your idea, however i would support increasing the xp related to hitpoints.

I definitely dont support this version of your idea, however i would support increasing the xp related to hitpoints.

What do you mean?

You already said you don't like the "double or triple hp gains" or the "more exp = more hp" idea so whats your's?

perfetc_666.png

Great idea! Let everybody that has trained combat past 99 hp instantly become a "pvp boss". Ever heard of deja vu xii? He is ranked #1 in hp atm (almost 200m exp). You're saying that after this magical update he should log in to find that he has 500 hp? Brilliant! [/sarcasm]

If you're suggesting that at 200m hp exp you get 100 hp, then I guess it's an ok idea. Otherwise pvp would be even more messed up than it already is.

Ur right ;D

Let it stay as it is!

Not higher hp levels but more hp per level.

lvl 10 = 10 hp

lvl 99 = 150 hp

EisS.gif

Great idea! Let everybody that has trained combat past 99 hp instantly become a "pvp boss". Ever heard of deja vu xii? He is ranked #1 in hp atm (almost 200m exp). You're saying that after this magical update he should log in to find that he has 500 hp? Brilliant! [/sarcasm]

If you're suggesting that at 200m hp exp you get 100 hp, then I guess it's an ok idea. Otherwise pvp would be even more messed up than it already is.

Ur right ;D

Let it stay as it is!

lvl 10 = 10 hp

lvl 99 = 150 hp

No..that'll confuse players and also think of the HP bar, it's big enough with 99hp!

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Ur right ;D

Let it stay as it is!

lvl 10 = 10 hp

lvl 99 = 150 hp

No..that'll confuse players and also think of the HP bar, it's big enough with 99hp!

It will also mean you would wither have to start using points, such 10.1 hp or you get to a certain level and gaining 2 hp instead of 1.

perfetc_666.png

Ur right ;D

Let it stay as it is!

lvl 10 = 10 hp

lvl 99 = 150 hp

It will also mean you would wither have to start using points, such 10.1 hp or you get to a certain level and gaining 2 hp instead of 1.

It'd be like how potions increase from boosting your skill by 12 to boosting your skill by 13 after you get a certain amount of levels.

Say, by the exp of 50 hitpoints you'd actually have 70 hp. By the exp of 70 hp, you'd have 95 hp. By the exp of 90 hp you'd have 120 hp. And by the exp of 99 hp you'd have 150 hp.

For example.

Zerker_jane.png

New skill:

Psionics,

Your Psy level acts as a shield, so when it is higher then 0 it takes percentage (75%) of the damage to your HP.

They could make new weaker weapons that bypass your psi-barrier, and attack your HP directly

A new special attack could be made that disables you barrier for so many seconds.

You can not restore your Barrier with items, it must regenerate over time (1 every 30 seconds), it regenerates much (7x) faster wile resting, or it can be replenished by dyeing.

Prism_Swords.png

New skill:

Psionics,

Your Psy level acts as a shield, so when it is higher then 0 it takes percentage (75%) of the damage to your HP.

They could make new weaker weapons that bypass your psi-barrier, and attack your HP directly

A new special attack could be made that disables you barrier for so many seconds.

You can not restore your Barrier with items, it must regenerate over time (1 every 30 seconds), it regenerates much (7x) faster wile resting, or it can be replenished by dyeing.

In a med evil world you want to psychic powers to magic?....

perfetc_666.png

New skill:

Psionics,

In a med evil world you want to psychic powers to magic?....

Not really, it's just the concept I wanted to convey.

Psychic powers seemed to be the easiest way to have a shield with out being to futuristic, because we already have prayer and magic skills.

Prism_Swords.png