Should the HP buffer be raised above 99?

Blackey

Hitpoints is a function of endurance, which, realistically, can constantly be trained. You can master you effectiveness in attacking, and defending, but with more and more hitpoints exp, the attribute should increase accordingly. I think someone with 200m exp is completely justified as having, although not as high as 500hp, but according to the algorithm which dictates how much exp is needed for the next level, a proportionate level of hitpoints. Higher levels should have an upper hand in pvp, because they train their levels to be so.. no use in whining because you didn't spend as much time becoming a "pvp boss."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, how do you go about expanding the Hitpoints levels - does it work on experience for example? If it does, then many 99 Hp'ers will simply log into the game when the update has been made with the new max hitpoints level, while others who acquired it for the cape will still retain 99 hitpoints.

For example, they raise the bar by 20 hitpoints, meaning you must now need 28million experience in hitpoints to have the 'new' max level in hitpoints... So the guys with 30million+ hp experience will now have 119 hitpoints while those who originally had 13.5million xp will still only have 99 for little or no 'additional' work. So now we have two level 138 playerkillers however one has 119 hitpoints and one has 99 hitpoints... I dont really see how that is fair

Read the above post.

I did read it... You honestly think that by making a bunch of F2p'ers hp double is going to make Playerkilling most exiting? I mean, they struggle enough as it is to hit a decent number and by doubling the HP is will take TWICE as long to kill someone.

I definitely dont support this version of your idea, however i would support increasing the xp related to hitpoints.

This wouldn't affect F2P pker's in the slightest bit, if you've ever gone F2P pking you would know that even if a level 116 had 99 hp, he/she would let the opposing player attack them till their hp is around level 25-30 or lower (a point at which the opposing player is capable of pulling off a KO with a rune 2h). At this point they simply eat 1 or 2 swordfish/lobster to bring their hp above the KO bar, so anywhere above 35hp. This applies to pretty much every type of F2P pker, even at lower levels.

Though personally I don't think it should be that your hit points are double your level, 198 hp is far too high and would make many aspects of the game ridiculously easy. Instead say from levels 1 -33 you get 1 hit point for every level, then from 34 - 66 you get 1.5 hit points for every level, from level 67 to 99 you would get 2 hit points for every level. Thus the max is 148.5, a decimal but I'm too lazy to come up with numbers that will produce an even number.

there is a simple solution, just use saradomin brews to go over the max hp. Works, and isn't actually that expensive imo.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Great idea! Let everybody that has trained combat past 99 hp instantly become a "pvp boss". Ever heard of deja vu xii? He is ranked #1 in hp atm (almost 200m exp). You're saying that after this magical update he should log in to find that he has 500 hp? Brilliant! [/sarcasm]

If you're suggesting that at 200m hp exp you get 100 hp, then I guess it's an ok idea. Otherwise pvp would be even more messed up than it already is.

Ur right ;D

Let it stay as it is!

Not higher hp levels but more hp per level.

lvl 10 = 10 hp

lvl 99 = 150 hp

No..that'll confuse players and also think of the HP bar, it's big enough with 99hp!

It will also mean you would wither have to start using points, such 10.1 hp or you get to a certain level and gaining 2 hp instead of 1.

It'd be like how potions increase from boosting your skill by 12 to boosting your skill by 13 after you get a certain amount of levels.

Say, by the exp of 50 hitpoints you'd actually have 70 hp. By the exp of 70 hp, you'd have 95 hp. By the exp of 90 hp you'd have 120 hp. And by the exp of 99 hp you'd have 150 hp.

For example.

i agree with this idea. =D> its simple dosent break the 99 cap and gives us more hp.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I myself would like larger hps, but I think it would annoy bruno a bit. :lol:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 5 weeks later...

With people hitting close to 99 on others we definitely need a higher max. We can't go much further until we get to the 1 hit kill point, at which point PvP will have a problem. It shouldn't be a lot though... 150 HP at most for 200M?

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I personally think that the HP Buffer should be raised above 99, the question is: by how much?

Many, many people are complaining about Godswords being too powerful, that too many people can go around pking, killing people in 2-3 hits.

A simple solution to this is to increase the HP limit. This directly deals with the problem of overpowered wepons.

And common, everyone loves to hit high. the first post on the screenshots,videos and sounds thread was a guy showing off that he hit a 91(nice work btw). Raise the HP buffer, and all those people can marvel and have to manually close thier jaws when they see a 120 being hit, and the guy who hit it still lose the fight.

Many people are also complaining(not taking into account the overpoweredness[new word ftw] of the godswords) that there is no new weapons to fill the gap between 75 and 99. Increase the HP threshold, and you can, without the worry of dying in 1 hit.

All things considered, you raised the HP limit, and you can effectively expand the game. Heres how: Combat: New Weapons(possibly from a new metal?)

Mining: Mining the new ore, for that new metal

Smithing: Smelting/Smithing new ore/metal

Fishing:Introduce more fish, to heal more of the increased HP

Cooking: Cooking ^^^ said fish

And many more that i cant think of right now....

if jagex would raise hp, it would be impossible to pk. people would just safe, and no one would die in pvp. also if they raised hp, they'd have to raise all the monsters max hits. if they didn't monster hunting would just become way too easy.

I personally think that the HP Buffer should be raised above 99, the question is: by how much?

Many, many people are complaining about Godswords being too powerful, that too many people can go around pking, killing people in 2-3 hits.

A simple solution to this is to increase the HP limit. This directly deals with the problem of overpowered wepons.

And common, everyone loves to hit high. the first post on the screenshots,videos and sounds thread was a guy showing off that he hit a 91(nice work btw). Raise the HP buffer, and all those people can marvel and have to manually close thier jaws when they see a 120 being hit, and the guy who hit it still lose the fight.

Many people are also complaining(not taking into account the overpoweredness[new word ftw] of the godswords) that there is no new weapons to fill the gap between 75 and 99. Increase the HP threshold, and you can, without the worry of dying in 1 hit.

All things considered, you raised the HP limit, and you can effectively expand the game. Heres how: Combat: New Weapons(possibly from a new metal?)

Mining: Mining the new ore, for that new metal

Smithing: Smelting/Smithing new ore/metal

Fishing:Introduce more fish, to heal more of the increased HP

Cooking: Cooking ^^^ said fish

And many more that i cant think of right now....

if jagex would raise hp, it would be impossible to pk. people would just safe, and no one would die in pvp. also if they raised hp, they'd have to raise all the monsters max hits. if they didn't monster hunting would just become way too easy.

It would be possible to pk, it would just take a little longer and force you to use magic more, which might lead to JAGEX increasing how effective it is.

Just make monsters hit harder.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Great idea! Let everybody that has trained combat past 99 hp instantly become a "pvp boss". Ever heard of deja vu xii? He is ranked #1 in hp atm (almost 200m exp). You're saying that after this magical update he should log in to find that he has 500 hp? Brilliant! [/sarcasm]

If you're suggesting that at 200m hp exp you get 100 hp, then I guess it's an ok idea. Otherwise pvp would be even more messed up than it already is.

You realize that if the cap was removed altogether, meaning that there is no limit, 200m xp would get you only 138 hp (do the math before you tell me i'm wrong on that number)? So in 8 years of the game, someone can get to 138... I don't think anyone would EVER get to 500 or anywhere remotely near it. Simple math tells us that no one would likely get above 150 hp EVER. And two things people forget are the divine and elysian spirit shields. Divine is guaranteed to reduce the damage you take by 30%, and the elysian has a 70% chance to reduce the damage you take by 25%. Feel free to flame me about how no one can afford spirit shields, just keep in mind that jagex did make an item to reduce the strength of the godsword/ d claws.

Iceland is in the north Atlantic. Its capital is Reykjavik. What is the punchline of this joke?

You realize that if the cap was removed altogether, meaning that there is no limit, 200m xp would get you only 138 hp (do the math before you tell me i'm wrong on that number)? So in 8 years of the game, someone can get to 138... I don't think anyone would EVER get to 500 or anywhere remotely near it. Simple math tells us that no one would likely get above 150 hp EVER. And two things people forget are the divine and elysian spirit shields. Divine is guaranteed to reduce the damage you take by 30%, and the elysian has a 70% chance to reduce the damage you take by 25%. Feel free to flame me about how no one can afford spirit shields, just keep in mind that jagex did make an item to reduce the strength of the godsword/ d claws.

Plenty of people in runescape can afford them, the problem comes when you think about pvp. Are you seriously going to tell me you would risk something that costs over 400 million and probably doesn't get protected? People might use it if it was 1000 times cheaper.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• 2 weeks later...

think of the posibilities with dharoks omfg at 100 hp he has the hp of a normal player but 400 hp lost omfg

The game haha you lose

But if we increase HP Combat will also increase

dv-1.png

tbh we(tpr) sucked, failed pull and failed performannce and I almost dc every 3 secs thats why I had to snipe then when I tanked I went out of bounds sorry. Sorry about the masssniping too we were so crap that in the end no one was calling and everyone was making their own thing.

dv-1.png

tbh we(tpr) sucked, failed pull and failed performannce and I almost dc every 3 secs thats why I had to snipe then when I tanked I went out of bounds sorry. Sorry about the masssniping too we were so crap that in the end no one was calling and everyone was making their own thing.

True that

But honestly, eventually jagex will end up making higher level weps, which will probably hit higher than previous weps, so jagex will have to increase the hp level in the end..

simon_senior.png

• 3 weeks later...

99 matches everything else. The game at the moment is quite balanced. Massive other updates must occur if the cap is to be raised. Monsters would become way too easy.

In addition to this, you already have sara brews and the Oog'loog pools to raise you HP higher than the maximum.

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

He means that if your hp level is 70, you have 80 (or something) 'combat hp', Not being able to trazin than 99, but more hp per level.

EisS.gif

99 matches everything else. The game at the moment is quite balanced. Massive other updates must occur if the cap is to be raised. Monsters would become way too easy.

In addition to this, you already have sara brews and the Oog'loog pools to raise you HP higher than the maximum.

Not to mention the fairly new addition of Rocktail fish, which raise your maximum health by ten for a short period of time.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

I'd say... yes and no.

-Yes: 99 HP is quite low if you think about it. As someone said, if you remove the level cap, the HP level would be 126. This would open up a new variety of people who PvP. If they do that however, they need to make boss monsters MUCH tougher, as most of the bosses just require attack, pray, and click.

-No: All the other skills are 99. If Java can only program to 99, then it cannot program HP any further.

Who knows what will happen in the future though? :?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What if HP could be raised another way? Not exp related? imagine an ultra rare armour drop, that add +10 to current hp? or a master quest where the reward is a fountain that when you drink from it adds +25 to your current hp, even over your maximum. I dont think hp should be raised over 99 by using exp, people have already pointed out that some players would have massive advantages straight away, but we can think outside the box, what about some special camo armour that makes you harder to hit? or super rings of recoil that remove damage and send it back? I always had this idea of super rare items, that there can only ever be a certain number of, say 1000 super recoil rings each with a certain number of charges, once the charges are gone, the ring goes back into the "drop pool", only rings in the drop pool can be dropped by the high level monster that drops them, if 1000 have already been dropped, no more can be dropped until once has been used, we would need to look at how you would stop people hoarding them, but it think it could work.

BasementJaxx.png

I heard that from somewhere, if you remove the level cap, 200M experience would get you to level 126 in a skill.

So, maybe this works, but I'm not sure. Not a lot of people go for 200M experience anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 1 month later...

I personally think all cb stats should be raised to be allowed past 99.

If you look around the game now, there is a huge influx of players who are all 120+ these days.

5 years ago when i started playing, lvl 110+ was pretty impressive.

If we go another few years of RS with the combat based stats highest lvl being 99, then there will be so much more people with maxed melee/mage/range/HP.

Already there is 10's of thousands with 99 in all these.

Level 105 or 110 would be good, but bear in mind, Exponentially lvl 110 is theoretically very high compared to 99, but at least it would put a lot of the high ranking players in a class of their own.

We could still have Skill capes at lvl 99, as a cape of achivement, as not to be unfair to people who are approaching the lvl 99 goal. Afterall they are 99k to buy. We could have master skill capes when the new max is reached too. Quite a goal to reach tho! :D

Also getting lvl 110 for anyone who is not even 99 yet, would probably look like an impossible task. But they would realise that once you get 99 and keep playing RS, your post 99 experience can mount up or even get out of hand...

Cheers

Krewl

What if HP could be raised another way? Not exp related? imagine an ultra rare armour drop, that add +10 to current hp? or a master quest where the reward is a fountain that when you drink from it adds +25 to your current hp, even over your maximum. I dont think hp should be raised over 99 by using exp, people have already pointed out that some players would have massive advantages straight away, but we can think outside the box, what about some special camo armour that makes you harder to hit? or super rings of recoil that remove damage and send it back? I always had this idea of super rare items, that there can only ever be a certain number of, say 1000 super recoil rings each with a certain number of charges, once the charges are gone, the ring goes back into the "drop pool", only rings in the drop pool can be dropped by the high level monster that drops them, if 1000 have already been dropped, no more can be dropped until once has been used, we would need to look at how you would stop people hoarding them, but it think it could work.

Its a nice idea but thats far too low of a number. Players would hoard them and merchant them.

• 1 month later...

Or...the excessively powerful weapons could be countered with excessively powerful armor...but thats just stupid :D It'd probably be better to power down the excessive weapons to make 99 HP a reasonable amount of HP. Then again, the majority of Pkers don't lug around Armadyl Godswords...unless there was a significant drop in price during the 6 months I was gone :shock:

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson