Easter Eggs

Demoli

We all know every single game has at least one, and runescape seems to have a lot of them, specially in quests, so why not register them here? Post every single reference or easter egg you found so we can check how many runescape has!

Mine:

In the quest "Defender of Varrock", when the zombies invade the castle, you can talk to arraav, and when he doesnt respond to you, you say "Don't ignore me matey" followed by "strange, this usually gets people's attencion", clear reference to the Drunken Dwarf (Retired Ramdom event)

After the quest "My Arm's Big Adventure" there is a troll who's name is "Drunken Dwarf's Leg", and when you talk to him you get one of the most interisting and funniest dialogues ever.

If you knock on the West Varrock Bank door, you can say a few knock knock jokes, one of them gives you the option "Doctor", and is the only one the women doesn't answer; reference to "Doctor Who" series.

During the quest "Ratcatchers", if you wear a catspeak amulet, your cat will shout "Exterminate, Exterminate" Yet another "doctor who" reference (Daleks)

During the quest "Glorious Memories", when you talk to Jatizo Burger(or king) you get the line "Read my lips, no more taxes). Clear reference to George W. Bush campaign.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy telling me what an easter egg is? ;o

It's like something that's hidden within a game

I'm not sure if you can count this, but I found it out yesterday.

In the Draynor Market, there's a dude named Fortunato, and if you examine him, it says, "Maybe he can use a sip of Amontillado"

It's a reference to Edgar Allen Poe's Cask of the Amontillado

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

No, those are just memories from my quests, and as i read teh dialogues carefully and as i am a gfreat fan of doctor who series, i can identify a few of them ;)

I forget the exact examine, but if you examine "Joseph" in Canafis there is a reference to Joseph Stalin :D

Was it, "He keeps calling me comrade."?

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

There is a line taken straight from Reservior dogs in the quest fremmenik isles,

Your character asked if he can change his spy name as his current one is lame, but the guy your reporting to tells you you have to stick to the name he gave you as its "His way or the highway". It made to smile when I read that, its such an awesome film btw.

And one of numerous Monty python references include the guards in the fremmy isle tower guards shouting insults at each other.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

There is a line taken straight from Reservior dogs in the quest fremmenik isles,

Your character asked if he can change his spy name as his current one is lame, but the guy your reporting to tells you you have to stick to the name he gave you as its "His way or the highway". It made to smile when I read that, its such an awesome film btw.

And one of numerous Monty python references include the guards in the fremmy isle tower guards shouting insults at each other.

Yeah, there seem to be many Monty piton references. I particulary like the herring+tree one ;)

Also, if you give king arthur a poison chalice (from the coal trucks dwarf) he wil make a reference to a Indiana Jones movie. Merlin also makes a similar reference if you change respawn spots. (found it durind seer's diary)

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

At death plateau, there are two trolls named "pee hat" and "cracker".

I always kill them if I'm around there, because giving them a .0000000000000000001% of dropping their namesake seems like a thing Jagex would do, haha.

I understood this immediately when I did the Royal Trouble Quest <3:

If the player asks the guard in Miscellania if he or she can go down the dungeon before he or she gets permission to go down there, the guard will say "You're the regent? Well I didn't vote for you!" This is similar to a phrase used in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

hmm..well the zombie dance emote is like Michael Jackson's THRILLER!!!

the old jekly and hyde was a refference to well, Dr. Jekkyl and Mr.Hyde

2006 halloween had a billion ghostbuster references

the darts in the brimhaven agility thing is like the Matrix

Brian O'Richard from Rouge's Den is a name play on Richard O'Brien from a british tv show. im not sure what the title was but it had something to do with a maze or something

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

At death plateau, there are two trolls named "pee hat" and "cracker".

I always kill them if I'm around there, because giving them a .0000000000000000001% of dropping their namesake seems like a thing Jagex would do, haha.

I'd give up if I were you.

To music:

1) Zombie Dance-similar to dance in "Thriller" (Michael Jackson)

2) Dream Theatre (song)-Dream Theater (band)

3) Root of the Problem (song)-Root of all Evil (Dream Theater song)

4) Dogs of War (song)-Prophets of War (Dream Theater song), that's a stretch though

5) Norse Code-Morse Code, I think there's a message in the song in Morse Code

6) Examine of Lumberjack-The Lumberjack Song (Monty Python)