Quest 200 maybe "Recipe for Disaster 2"

sirlonewolf

Hi there to all.

I no what u are thinking the 200th quest is still far away, we are at quest 154 now so 46 quest to go

at 1 quest a month that will be +/- 3 years and 8 month till the 200th quest more than enough time for jagex to make it the best quest ever and bigger than Recipe for Disaster.

Recipe for Disaster was the 100th quest and it was a big success with something for everyone and every level, and Recipe for Disaster 2 will follow the same recipe for success and i believe it will be as good or better than the first one

This thread is to discuss what the possible plot for the 200th quest will be that also means will it be Recipe for Disaster 2 or not.

How many part will it have and wear will thy possibly be taking place.

What will the required skill levels be for each part of the quest

Will there be new areas unlock by the quest and what will thy involve.

And the best for last what will the rewards be.

[hide=Jagex & Tip.It Interview! Question 5]Click here for full interview thread :arrow: Jagex & Tip.It Interview!

Question 5

Are there plans for a new "Special Quest" like Recipe for Disaster?

Recipe for Disaster was a collaboration between multiple developers to celebrate reaching the 100th quest. It was not only something a bit different for players to experience, it was actually a fun experience as a content developer as we often only write content together individually or as small groups. Were always trying to do special quests but Im not sure if there will be anything quite like Recipe for Disaster I wonder what well do for the 200th quest!

-- Mod Tim[/hide]

My ideas for the 200th quest

Plot: There is a cooking competition and the Lumbidge cook ask u to help him as his assistant for the competition and as the assistant u need to get all the ingredients and all the equipment ready for the competition.

Parts to quest 15 to 20

levels will be from 20 to 85 and 100 quest points.

Yes there will be new areas, more under water areas, the cooking competition dimension, and a area in the clouds or haven for one of the ingredients for the competition.

The rewards new skill related stuff like higher level food to cook and inventory items that help with skills like flame gloves that will lite fire with out a tinderbox, boots that give a agility boost and a ring that wen worn gives more gems wen mining.

That is my attempt at the 200th quest.

Enjoy posting and keep to the rules of the forums.

Ps: this is not the quest to end all quest and there will not be a quest to end all quest because that will mean the end of runescape.

edit: had the wrong Question in the hide tab. "sorry" :oops:

You do realise this is 4 years into the future if the trend of 1 quest a month continues?

Anyways, I think that would be a rather lame plot for 15-20 parts...... it has to continue on the plot from RFD if anything. But I don't think we need a new RFD quest, the story is pretty much completed.

Something like WGS would be nice ;)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

You do realise this is 4 years into the future if the trend of 1 quest a month continues?

Anyways, I think that would be a rather lame plot for 15-20 parts...... it has to continue on the plot from RFD if anything. But I don't think we need a new RFD quest, the story is pretty much completed.

Its only a illusion ( or a trap ) it will start out as a lame cooking competition and then the plot will thicken in to something like WGS and it will be a epic quest off the likes that no one has seen on runescape or will ever see again.

The possibilities are endless for a quest like this. :mrgreen:

Its only a illusion ( or a trap ) it will start out as a lame cooking competition and then the plot will thicken in to something like WGS and it will be a epic quest off the likes that no one has seen on runescape or will ever see again.

The possibilities are endless for a quest like this. :mrgreen:

Ok, I just thought you would have included a bit more about the storyline if it wasn't REALLY about a cooking competition ::' That's alright then =) It's not really RFD2 btw, it's CA3 (Cook's Assistant 3).

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I thought we were still waiting on the "real" 150? A little early to get started thinking about that.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Stop speculating on these dumb quests. Why don't you take a stab at what quest 173 and 189 will be? Who cares? When it comes it comes. I've seen over 10 of these threads in the past 2 months, what is the discussion value? "Yes your speculation is good, but add me and we'll talk in a few years when it comes out."

Quest 150 was also great, good that some people speculated on it...

Stop speculating on these dumb quests. Why don't you take a stab at what quest 173 and 189 will be? Who cares? When it comes it comes. I've seen over 10 of these threads in the past 2 months, what is the discussion value? "Yes your speculation is good, but add me and we'll talk in a few years when it comes out."

Quest 150 was also great, good that some people speculated on it...

If you hate a thread that much, don't post on it.

/Default Answer

I personally would love for the 200th quest to be some sort of major battle between races or gods. I'd love Saradomin vs Zamorak the most while it will also be cool to round up warriors across the globe to battle against Zamorak.

So yea, battle-related.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Really I think its a little early to be speculating on this, currently everyone is awaiting WGS 2 but in 4 years time everyone could be waiting Rise of Zaros 2 or Mournings End pt 14 or something.

I can see the quest/story landscape being extremely different in 4 years time so guessing as to the content of the 200th quest is nigh on impossible.

However if were talking about what we'd like to see then it would be awesome if they did the same thing with cooks assisant and made an awesome epic sequel to one of the easiest quests. It would be great if you went to shear some more sheep for the farmer in lummy and 10 sub-quests later you end up starting another God wars :lol:

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

They haven't even planned anything for the 200th quest. Why make a big deal from digging out their secrets when they have done virtually nothing yet? Mod Tim himself said he still wonders what would be done for quest 200, and that he's not sure if there would be a quest like RFD for some time.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I don't think so. I imagine it will be something entirely "new" itself just like Recipe for Disaster was at the time of its release. Also, your blue text is difficult to read.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

46 to go you say?

2000 - 7 Quests released

2001 - 10 Quests released. 3 New skills (Crafting, Prayer and Fishing)

2002 - 23 Quests released. P2P introduced. 4 New skills (Herblore, Fletching, Theiving and Agility)

2003 - 11 Quests released. Release of RS2.

2004 - 15 Quests released. 1 New skill (Runecrafting)

2005 - 29 Quests released. 2 New skills (Slayer, Farming)

2006 - 21 Quests released. 2 New skills (Construction, Hunter)

2007 - 14 Quests released. Funorb in the making. Mass ban on macros/RWTs, fixing problems associated with this.

2008 - 19 Quests released. 1 New skill (Summoning) Funorb released. Runescape HD released.

2009 - 3 Quests released. Mechscape?

Following these trends we get 15 - 20 quests per year without any signs of growth (quest wise)

You might be about 3 years early to start a discussion about this.

I doubt they have even started to even think about the 200th quest yet.

In 3 years we should have 2 - 3 new skills amounst other updates.

I think it's impossible to think up a storyline when you also have to bear in mind the plot for 46 quests that haven't been thought up of yet, yet alone released.

Most milestone quests incoorprate the storyline of many quests/events. Some of these storylines may not even be made yet... (and i say again - yet alone released!!)

Fair point?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Seems to me lots of players think it way to early to start to talk and speculate about the 200th quest.

I say no its not most player were weary disappointed in the 150th quest because it was not unique, epic or a grand master quest.

So use this tread and give your ideas of what the 200th quest mast be like to be a great quest and be worthy of the 200th quest place.

Its also never to early to start planning for the best quest ever and maybe the best ideas here will make it into one of the quests from now up and till the 200th quest and the best ideas go into the 200th quest.

Following these trends we get 15 - 20 quests per year without any signs of growth (quest wise)

15 to 20 quest a year give us 2 & half to three years time to come up with a great epic grand master quest

I personally would like a multi part quest like rfd with at least 15 parts to the quest starting from beginner and ending in grand master and each part takes longer to finish than before so in the end we will have a quest that most player wont be able to finish in a day.

I see a lot of post on the rsof of player moaning about quest being 5 to 15 min quest and that thy want something with staying power where wen u done the quest u feel like u have accomplished something, and not have to do it to keep your quest cape.

Ps: this is only my opinion feel free to express your about this matter and have a nice day

The only items which don't now come in the standard classes (bronze to rune) are rings, necklaces and capes.

The first 2 are very unlikely the latter is possible, but not very easy to do.

Personally I don't like the idea of RfD2, it sounds to generic, too meaning less (I'm pretty sure the quest dialogue speaks of the meal only being held every x number of years and you killed him) and hasn't got too much of a reason.

RfD was so different it fitted right in with the quests at the time.

I would be thinking more along the lines of WGS2, Master or Ultimate guild quest or something of a large scale which either unlocks a new large useful area or is epic.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

It'll be an epic quest, a week before release they'll realize it's bugged to hell, and then we'll end up with Sheep Shearer 2: The Shearinging. :wall:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.