10 Hardest Quests in RS?

MstrMonopoly

i hate all of the maze ones, with the patrolling guards.

DT had some annoying things but that's it.

MEP2 really wasn't that bad. it was alot of logic and it made sense. i just got hurt alot because of my agility level.

Underground Pass sucked alot. because if you fell you had to do it all again. ughhhhh.

i'm not looking forward to Dream Mentor or WGS.

Evilfish1.png

I think I'll do Baby Blacks :P

• 2 weeks later...
1st- Mourning Ends 2

2nd- WGS

3rd- Dream Mentor

4th- Rocking out (i blew my mind trying to figure out the vacuumer)

5th- Underground Pass

6th- Regicide

7th- Desert Treasure

8th- Summer's End

9th- Fremnick Trials/Isles (equaly hard)

10th- RFD

Agreed cept the femmy islesand trials part...

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

1. Mourning's End 2

2. Darkness of Hallowvale (think it was that one, anyway. Whichever one you had to go through Meiyerditch the first time)

3. Summer's End

4. While Guthix Sleeps

5. Monkey Madness

6. Desert Treasure

7. TokTz-Ket-Dill (sorting out the play was horrible)

8. Contact!

9. Dream Mentor

10. Back to my Roots

The hardest quest I've done (well, almost done, I'm at the last part) is Underground Pass. I don't know why everyone thinks the Fremminik quests are so hard, I beat the Trials easily at level 70 combat, and the Isles at level 90.

Both are easily doable but the trolls are hard hitters without prayer on for low defense. Sheep Herder was annoying but not *hard*

weiyao5.png

Summer's End - I died more times in this quest that the rest of my RS life.

Underground Pass - The agility parts took forever. I went back with 70 agility and still had troubles. :wall:

Oh, almost forgot. I don't remember which quest it was, but where you climbed a beanstalk and fought a giant..something like that. I was in full Verac and the giant almost killed me, I was so scared to go back up there.

IMO the rest were just annoying or time consuming.

35b9enp.jpg

1. MEP2 - Most confusing quest ever... even with a guide (3 guides*)...

2. Summer's End - Didn't die but I had so much trouble

3. Dream Mentor - The fight...

4. Back To My Roots - I swore to quit if I fell again at one point...

5. WGS - Balance Elemental was the worst fight EVER

6. Dealing With Scabaras - That memory puzzle... even with a pen and paper...

7. Contact! - The giant scarab... even with tank gear + p mage + super set...

8. DT - Only the ice part, to be honest

9. Horror From the Deep - Bear in mind I was a poor level 75 with 30 ranged -.-

10. Dragon Slayer (RSC) - No running, no running away, no eating in combat, no prayer, no magic, 1 ranged... fml

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I did MEP1 without a guide, and it was relatively easy. I was like "Oh, MEP2 can't be THAT much harder".

I was wrong.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Haven't done all of them yet but from the ones so far.

Abosultley: Summer's End (Died 10+ times), Monkey Madness (Died twice, hard in general), Desert Treasure (Died 5 times), Dream Mentor (Hard final fights), and Underground Pass (Ran out of food and had to tele in the last maze 4 times).

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

IMO, no quest was hard, with the exception of summer's end, they were just more annoying than each other

1- Sheep herder <-- pure hell

2- MEP2

3- Summer's end, hard but awesome

4- Evil dave/RFD

5- Rag and bone man Wishlists

6- Monkey madness, probably because I did it without super energies and lost my M'amulet after getting it ><

Can't think of anything else atm

I have no clue why people found WGS hard, it was probably the most straight forward quest there was, it was long, yes, but it was wasn't annoying at all, nor hard.

Fremmy isles isn't hard @@ I did it at level 50, although its probably possible to do it at like level 10 or something. What you do for the 10 trolls is fire strike them or something (use mage for convinience, as you will need it later) And then after one hit change your target. They will be killed by the Honor Guards but you will still get the kill.

Then you go to the boss, protect from mage would help but is not necessarily. You attack the troll king from a distance with fire strike so you do at least 1 damage; bring 5-6 rings of recoils. With the Yak-Hide armour and Fremmy shield, the Ice Troll King has a max hit of 1 with range, his main attack. And every time he hits you he will get the same amount of damage back, but you will have to hit at least one damage for the kill to count, which is why you bring mage stuff. (They are weak against fire) It has 150hp so taking into account the mage attacks which can go up to 9, you will need around 200hp worth of food, plus another 100 for the previous trolls. So thats around 15 sharks, although i bought 20 to be on the safe side. On my current account i was a bit higher leveled, at level 70 so i could wear a dds. I just specced him at the start and ran away, because Ice Trolls are really weak to poison. You don't need it though, its still a really easy quest.

• 2 years later...

I had done every quest before the 2 newest ones, so this list will be pretty accurate.

10. Sheep Herder-finished in 30 minutes, yet the most annoying and uptight 10 minutes of my life. Getting the sheep to right outside the pen then losing them at the last second happened 3 or so times and I wanted to shoot myself.

9. Monkey Madness-not quite as hard as it is annoying and long, but since it took me 10 hours, that doesn't mean it isn't hard. This took me longer than WGS in terms of start to finish. Very annoying as well.

8. Swan Song-surprised I haven't seen this one yet. Happened to lose my mind a few times during this quest, with breaks and such took around 4 hours.

7. Fremnik Trials/Isles (yeah, basically the same difficulty)-only found Trials to be hard because of both the fight and the one part that was like One Small Favour, Isles had quite a few difficult parts.

6. One Small Favour-again, not as hard as long and annoying, but slightly less as long as Monkey Madness but much more annoying. The awards make it more than worth it.

5. Desert Treasure-very annoying, confusing, and difficult, but also somewhat enjoyable and the awards make it worth the time. Took me around 4 hours.

4. Recipe for Disaster-the requirements are pretty tough, but if you get them the quest itself isn't hard, just long and repetative.

3. Summer's End-the requirements are nothing, a simple quest and skills most people have. The quest itself is a wilderness quest that rev magnets will die 20 times in alone, then the fast-pace action inside the tunnel is really hard. Better yet: Jagex made the first part harder with the bonfire update, requiring you to right click and hit 'use' on the logs before adding to the pyre.

2. While Guthix Sleeps-easily the hardest quest in terms of requirements. I think you have to complete every quest I stated above, or almost every quest, and also the one I will post below. The quest itself isn't as hard as most quests, but it is very long and you can easily die when fighting the elemental boss.

1. Mourning's Ends part II - The Temple of Light-well, other than the fact that it takes about 500 hours to complete, it also has a super risk of death and much annoyance, also very complex and requires much patience, along with the fact that you find it wasn't worth it once the quest is over. Gg, Jagex

So..how's my list?

What is the reward from One Small Favour everyone thinks was so great? The 10k lamps?

Summer's end for me I think was the hardest one I have done so far with 260 QP (in terms of difficulty, not length). I almost NEVER die (outside of PKing), but died 5+ times trying to do that damn quest. I did it after the bonfire update which I'm sure made it worse as well with the right clicking.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

I don't have a top 10 for hardest quests, I found most easy enough, ones that caused me most grief were Nomad's and Summer's end. these were the only quests I ever actually died on, and I died multiple times on each.

DT, MEP, Underground Pass, WGS and such I found enjoyable and actually rather easy.

Just ROTM til QP cape now, so may have to add a third quest to my list of hard quests or maybe not...

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Whilst I don't think any are hugely hard, especially with guides to follow my top ten, in no particular order would be (and most of these are not 'hard' as such just luck-based factors/annoyance factors that can make them tiring to complete)

1) MEP2 - long-ass puzzle to solve whilst under attack with those stupid handholds you nearly always fail? Deffo gotta be up there.

2) EW3 - the puzzle again is a mind melting factor for most.

3) Monkey Madness - primarily for that fricking cave-in dungeon you have to get through like 8 billion times plus the overly accurate poison spiders.

4) One Small Favour - the sheer length

5) Nomads Requim - Gotta be one of the hardest bosses to date still and even with the light gear there is a bit of luck involved to down him,

6) RFD - the hell rat catching bit is a pita plus the 'no prayer' battles at end really do throw ya a bit

7) Love Story - Just because trying to do the final fight without d spear is bordering on suicidal

8) Sheep Herder - Just because it is annoying as hell that you push them bit by bit then as soon as your near the fence they zoom off further away than they started for no apparent reason.

9) Branches of Darkmeyer - One of the more tricky quest boss battles.

10) Some Like it Cold - Probably a bit of a controversial choice but how relatively hidden some of the items are in the POW camp (like the wood), plus the poorly explained 'noise' mechanic and the fact if you have even a little lag it can be a nightmare keeping all 3 camps going long enough for Walrus face to get mad. Then to crown it off the fact that in the last battle there is literally no way to stop your health dropping and it relies on pure luck to find the enemy ships fast enough to survive makes it a bit of a pita.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue