If 99 str is so common, should I feel proud to get it?

Neilson1111

99 strength is an awesome achievement - congratulations. Your friend is in the minority - most are in awe of any 99 stat.

I got 99 ranging after about 3 years playing, getting up to 77 in f2p, then 77-96 doing fire giants, then some avianse/chining from 97-99. I had people say it wasn't a real one because I used chins! I ignored them, and felt better for doing so :)

Revel in your new found cape, and show off as often as you like. No matter what it is, no-one can take it away from you. You earned it, and deserve all the recognition you will get from it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy when I got a firecape, and showed it off to my friends. Yes, a lot of people have a firecape, but I died 4 times on Jad and I kept going, and finally got it. I was pretty proud of my achievement, even though it was small. Same thing with a lesser extent with void, it took me hours to get, and I was happy when I got it. 2000 total and 99 HP where much bigger achievements to me, so I was a lot happier about them, however, that doesn't mean my lowly firecape wasn't an achievement anymore. Any 99 is tough, some more then others, but even 99 cook is an achievement.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

99 str is the still the accomplishment regardless of the number of people who have it.. think of it like this.. how many doctors/former doctors are there in this world? it's only going to add up.. it's not like once you get it someone loses 99 strength.

my issue with it is that combat is SO easy to train nowadays. you can seriously get over 100k/hr and iv'e heard stories of 200k+ or whatever. i got 99 attack training with a rune scimmy at ice warriors in the wilderness and later 99 str and def in the axe hut with a dragon long, with the former nailing me max 20k an hour in att xp and the latter getting me 30-40k an hour if i was lucky (no afk pkers)

this is actually unlike becoming a doctor as medical schools are becoming more competitive and residency programs more grueling and intensive (although some would beg to differ)

in any case, good job

67th member to join Tip.it

99 Attack

99 Strength

99 Defense

99 Hitpoints

99 Mage

99 Range

99 Summoning

99 Slayer

99 Prayer

yeah its common, so? its useful and its not exactly fast, its a nice 99 to have..

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

It's not the result of one's life that's important. It's the day-to-day concerns, the personal victories, and the celebration of life... and love. It's enough if people are able to experience the joy that each day can bring.

(The bolded parts) In other words, it doesn't matter how many people may have achieved this particular 99

it is still something that you yourself have achieved. Even further, is that if you had a party of some sort your

friends were able to enjoy that experience as well.

If anyone ever comes up to you and belittles your achievement just say, "golly gee whiz go [bleep] yourself".

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

I've tried to buy 99s in the past, like 200k feathers for shilo fishing, or the logs needed for 99 fletching, and it was hell. I had trouble just getting 75 cooking, the only reason I've got 79 is thanks to a pair of brawlers.

A 99 is a 99, no matter what skill it is in, 13m xp is NOT easy, and those that say it is are normally jealous, or just a muppet.

On another note, 99 str?! Ewwwww! :twisted:

Should have gone to spe... I mean, got attack ;)

dragonkng198.png

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Any 99 is an achievement if you worked hard to get it and at least 99 STR will have its uses unlike many others.

Anyone who says its easy and don't have themselves, is contradicting and they are probably just jealous.

GL with 99 :thumbsup: .

Its probably going to be my next on the way to maxing combat anyway... When i get the time...

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Who cares anyway? A 99 is still a 99, regardless of what skill it is.

You should be proud of whichever 99 you get, as they are ALL tedious.

Mind you, people laugh at Cooking and Fletching capes, even though Strength is the most common.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

A 99 is a 99. Don't bother with what other people think. :)

You stole what I was going to say!!

OT: Don't worry, it might be common, but any 99 is a 99, and shows dedication ::'

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

Who cares anyway? A 99 is still a 99, regardless of what skill it is.

You should be proud of whichever 99 you get, as they are ALL tedious.

Mind you, people laugh at Cooking and Fletching capes, even though Strength is the most common.

That is because a 99 isn't a 99.

Str is a skill that's useful and liked. Cooking and fletching are more the opposite. I mean, you click cook x and do something else for 2 minutes. If you like the skill because of that, that is because you actually like the afk part, ie the part NOT regarding runescape. It means you like wathcing youtube videos and such.

a 99 isn't a 99.

you should feel happy because you can now hit the max you possibly can. You shouldn't ask for respect or anything.

Feel proud, but not special. As sad before a 99 is a 99.

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Thanks guys, I achieved 99 strength, and it feels great thanks to you guys =)

Thanks again

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

IMO,it wouldnt matter if you were getting 99 Slayer or 99 strength, becasue, ultimately, all it proves is that you have spent a little too much time playing a game. That is at least the way I look at my 99 strength. :lol:

99 Strength takes over 100 hours to achieve, and many skills don't even take 50. It is a bigger achievement than many people would think, regardless of how common it is.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

IMO,it wouldnt matter if you were getting 99 Slayer or 99 strength, becasue, ultimately, all it proves is that you have spent a little too much time playing a game. That is at least the way I look at my 99 strength. :lol:

99 Strength takes over 100 hours to achieve, and many skills don't even take 50. It is a bigger achievement than many people would think, regardless of how common it is.

lol 100 hours. Yeah, probably took me that long.

But really, the last level is thanks to soul wars =X

I had a wyvern task, and I couldn't get myself to do it =P

and I think it took me around 200 hours, slacked off and I usually use my whip lol O_O

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

Getting any 99 is impressive enough, don't feel 'let down' or 'put off' by other people saying it's common or it's nooby. You clearly enjoy the skill enough to get it to 99 so go for it. :thumbsup:

And I see that you're happy getting your 99 - the way it should be.

Congratulations, mate.

libertherme.png

Of course you should. It might be fairly common amongst worn skillcapes, but that doesn't make it common overall. Any 99 is a good achievement, and even amongst 99s, Strength is very respectable.

Not only that, but it's really useful for combat! :D

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's an achievement no matter what, but I can't help feeling like crap knowing how many other people have my skill. It doesn't matter what they think, but sometimes I'm like, "Ugh...99 slayer is one of the hardest skills to get due to time to train it and yet almost 4,000 people have it anyway."

What you're seeing is the business of Runescape growing. More people join, more people train, more people get 99s. 3 Years ago, seeing a level 126 was jaw dropping. Now...not so much. Is it still a great achievement? Yes. Is it impressive? No.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png