OMFG Wild DOGS

RoxSabre

stay in one spot, so they will become unagressive. If you just get 127 combat they won't be agressive anymore ;), otherwise go range them in the enclave.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

If you move out of mini-map range everything turn aggressive...

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Greaters: Slow xp, few drops, can't be cannoned, wild dogs, high competition, no bank.

These should be a major priority to blacklist. I can't think of any task worse, except steel dragons.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

They aren't a problem if you endure them long enough and stay in the same small area for a few minutes. If you move around too much, they become aggressive again/their timers reset.

If you really can't stand them, and I can understand why, pop Greaters on the blacklist and you'll never have to do them again.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Think about what it was like before Summoning. Back then, you have NO HOPE of ever being free from those dogs, at least now you can get 127 combat.

Think about what it was like before Summoning. Back then, you have NO HOPE of ever being free from those dogs, at least now you can get 127 combat.

Well, you did, from the 10 minute unaggressive timer.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Well, you did, from the 10 minute unaggressive timer.

That's what he's complaining about though, when you leave the area accidentally and reset aggression.

Greaters: Slow xp, few drops, can't be cannoned, wild dogs, high competition, no bank.

These should be a major priority to blacklist. I can't think of any task worse, except steel dragons.

thats a bit of an over reaction...

slow exp; not really.

cant be cannoned? so? not every task can be and you dont block all of them

wild dogs? get 127 cb

high competition? find an empty world, or a foreign language one with no people

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Slow xp? Decent xp, actually.

Few drops? Maybe, but decent crimsons

Can't be cannoned? Oh yes you can.

Wild dogs? Only drawback, unless you're over 126

High competition? Not as high as Kalphites or Metals. 2 world hops usually do it.

No bank? Doesn't matter. If you're using Duradel you won't NEED to bank on just about every task. When I slay, I never bank after I start a task, and I always do fine. Only exceptions are Waterfiends and Mithril Dragons (sometimes).

High competition? Not as high as Kalphites or Metals. 2 world hops usually do it.

No bank? Doesn't matter. If you're using Duradel you won't NEED to bank on just about every task. When I slay, I never bank after I start a task, and I always do fine. Only exceptions are Waterfiends and Mithril Dragons (sometimes).

They are very fast kills if you are 127+. The wild dogs are really the only things they should've bene blocked.

They drop clue scrolls, drop Rune full helms quite frequently (I've gotten over 5 on a few tasks.) and have other drops worth picking up, and as ^ said, good crimsons.

They can be cannoned in Wilderness, Brimhaven you might cannon the dogs.

Greaters usually have 1-2 people per world, not that many, spawns are enough. Wilderness has none.

I can finish EVERY task on 1 trip. All. Even god damn waterfiends, I don't because it's a waste of time if I do.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

If you are fighting a greater, you will not cannon any dogs.

Very slow xp.They are Nechs without the drops. Awful.

Everything that gives you more than 10 crims an hour is considered good. There are at least half a dozen monsters that beat them by a mile.

I guess if you want others taking your kills, you can cannon them.

Wild Dogs arre not a major problem on other tasks. They are a problem that makes them ery slow.

Nechryaels are level 115 and have 115 HP, have reasonable defense, can summon Death Spawns, Greater demons are 92, with 87 HP, low defense. Not even close.

Everything that gives you more than 10 crims an hour is considered good. There are at least half a dozen monsters that beat them by a mile.

I can finish a task of 190 Greaters in 1.5 hours, they give me 50 Crimsons. :roll:

So?

Wild Dogs arre not a major problem on other tasks. They are a problem that makes them ery slow.

Samething can be said for Red Dragons, Black demons, and Fire giants. :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

1) Incorrect. They are pretty good xp, I think around 50k-60k xp per hour. Nechs are FAR lower than that, but do come with better drops. So what? A monster that comes with a high requirement and is hard to kill gives better drops than one that has no requirement and is easy to kill? Is there something wrong with that?

2) 10 crims an hour is terrible. I'd place the number at 40-50. I can vouch for getting that many crimsons and hour

3) I'll split this into 2 points

----a) But that's everywhere. You must agree it's worth cannoning dagannoth, right? Well people can steal your kills there too. Are you saying you should NEVER cannon?

----B) You obviously do not know much about the cannon at all. I'll divide this into another 2 points

--------i) First, what are you talking about? It's single combat, so you could go into a safespot. This way you could range the demons, and the cannon would treat it as multicombat and hit everything, demons and dogs. If the cannon is attacking something, other people can't attack that same monster in singlecombat, regardless if you are directly attacking it or not.

--------ii) No safespot at greaters. You would just place the cannon so it double hits whatever you are attacking. At least halves the time for the task.

4) I agree wild dogs makes them a problem. That's why many people recommend against greaters before 127. However, it does NOT make them "very slow", since you can get pretty HIGH xp there once aggression is over.

1) Incorrect. They are pretty good xp, I think around 50k-60k xp per hour. Nechs are FAR lower than that, but do come with better drops. So what? A monster that comes with a high requirement and is hard to kill gives better drops than one that has no requirement and is easy to kill? Is there something wrong with that?

2) 10 crims an hour is terrible. I'd place the number at 40-50. I can vouch for getting that many crimsons and hour

----a) But that's everywhere. You must agree it's worth cannoning dagannoth, right? Well people can steal your kills there too. Are you saying you should NEVER cannon?

----B) You obviously do not know much about the cannon at all. I'll divide this into another 2 points

--------i) First, what are you talking about? It's single combat, so you could go into a safespot. This way you could range the demons, and the cannon would treat it as multicombat and hit everything, demons and dogs. If the cannon is attacking something, other people can't attack that same monster in singlecombat, regardless if you are directly attacking it or not.

--------ii) No safespot at greaters. You would just place the cannon so it double hits whatever you are attacking. At least halves the time for the task.

4) I agree wild dogs makes them a problem. That's why many people recommend against greaters before 127. However, it does NOT make them "very slow", since you can get pretty HIGH xp there once aggression is over.

1.)Your xp rate is a blatant lie. I won't even discuss this any futher, I know people who do Slayer, I do slayer, I have killed greaters and the number simply isn't true. If greaters were better than Mutated Bloodvelds, no one would ever skip them for any reason.

Greaters are 35k, max.

2.)Rock Lobsters, Waterfiends, Dagannoths, Black D's, and Nechs are all better.

3.) You will be firing balls at wild dogs. In addition, greater demons have no drops other than mediocre crimsons and a very rare rune item drop. You will be taking a complete loss. Your personal character's attacking does make a difference and you will have to slowly range them with a C' bow. No piety, and you still face major competition.

1.)Your xp rate is a blatant lie. I won't even discuss this any futher, I know people who do Slayer, I do slayer, I have killed greaters and the number simply isn't true. If greaters were better than Mutated Bloodvelds, no one would ever skip them for any reason.

Greaters are 35k, max. He's talking about melee xp. :roll:

Not assigned, harder than Greaters, need to pray, need prayer/hit hard, summons Death spawns/extremely damaging/require 80 Slayer.

3.) You will be firing balls at wild dogs. In addition, greater demons have no drops other than mediocre crimsons and a very rare rune item drop. You will be taking a complete loss. Your personal character's attacking does make a difference and you will have to slowly range them with a C' bow. No piety, and you still face major competition.

Wilderness spot has no wild dogs. :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Greaters are 35k, max.

I'm afraid you're missing the point entirely, and are misinformed.

1) This guide: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=588556

Has greaters listed as 54k melee xp per hour. I can confirm getting close to that with my stats. And remember that's 54k while using Guthans (slower xp, you can get faster w/ bunyip), no super set, no black mask, and no superhuman strength. Kick in those and you can get 60k EASILY.

2) We aren't discussing if greaters are good for charms or not. Hell, they're terrible if you only want charms. We're discussing if they have good drops or not. Rock lobseters, waterfiends, black demons, and nechs are more crimsons, but I'm not sure Dagannoths do. To be fair, you did leave out Dust Devils from your list. However, if you list charm rates of all Duradel's tasks, greaters are NEAR THE TOP. That means they have good drops, since they have one of the best crimson drop rates in the game, just not THE best. To reiterate, I'm not saying that greaters are awesome crimson droppers and that makes them a good task. I'm saying their drop rate is decent (which is the work I used when I first posted), and makes them a not-bad task.

3) You've missed the point. Let me make myself clear, in order to cannon in Brimhaven, you need to set up your cannon and attack a greater. This way the cannon ONLY hits the Greater since it's single combat and you are in direct combat with it. THAT at least halves the task time.

I only said the other point (the one about other people not being able to steal kills) to say that your assumption that other people can steal your cannon's kills in single combat is wrong. I did not say such a method was possible at Brimhaven. It's not, since there's no safespot, as I've stated. If you just want to focus on this discussion, you can ignore that point.

Plus (for sake of argument), even if there WAS a safespot and you WERE killing wild dogs, look at it this way. On a task of 150 you'd probably use about 1k-1.3k cballs. That coses about 250k-300k if the prices stayed the same as in my memory. Now if you got the cannon to act as multitarget there, you'd get the task done AT LEAST 3x faster. So if it took 2 hours before, it would take about 45 minutes with a cannon on multitarget. In that 1 hour and 15 minutes you save, you can easily make DOUBLE the money you spent, but that depends on your levels, of course. I know that I can get 700-800k per hour. That means if such a method of cannoning at Brimhaven DOES exist, I'd actually PROFIT by about 500k by using my cannon, and that's not including the drops you get while doing it.

As, and Sadukar points about above, if you cannon in the wild, there are no wild dogs to worry about. There are revenants, but in p2p for a well-armed high level, they are hardly a threat.

Greaters are 35k, max.

I'm afraid you're missing the point entirely, and are misinformed.

1) This guide: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=588556

Has greaters listed as 54k melee xp per hour. I can confirm getting close to that with my stats. And remember that's 54k while using Guthans (slower xp, you can get faster w/ bunyip), no super set, no black mask, and no superhuman strength. Kick in those and you can get 60k EASILY.

2) We aren't discussing if greaters are good for charms or not. Hell, they're terrible if you only want charms. We're discussing if they have good drops or not. Rock lobseters, waterfiends, black demons, and nechs are more crimsons, but I'm not sure Dagannoths do. To be fair, you did leave out Dust Devils from your list. However, if you list charm rates of all Duradel's tasks, greaters are NEAR THE TOP. That means they have good drops, since they have one of the best crimson drop rates in the game, just not THE best. To reiterate, I'm not saying that greaters are awesome crimson droppers and that makes them a good task. I'm saying their drop rate is decent (which is the work I used when I first posted), and makes them a not-bad task.

3) You've missed the point. Let me make myself clear, in order to cannon in Brimhaven, you need to set up your cannon and attack a greater. This way the cannon ONLY hits the Greater since it's single combat and you are in direct combat with it. THAT at least halves the task time.

I only said the other point (the one about other people not being able to steal kills) to say that your assumption that other people can steal your cannon's kills in single combat is wrong. I did not say such a method was possible at Brimhaven. It's not, since there's no safespot, as I've stated. If you just want to focus on this discussion, you can ignore that point.

Plus (for sake of argument), even if there WAS a safespot and you WERE killing wild dogs, look at it this way. On a task of 150 you'd probably use about 1k-1.3k cballs. That coses about 250k-300k if the prices stayed the same as in my memory. Now if you got the cannon to act as multitarget there, you'd get the task done AT LEAST 3x faster. So if it took 2 hours before, it would take about 45 minutes with a cannon on multitarget. In that 1 hour and 15 minutes you save, you can easily make DOUBLE the money you spent, but that depends on your levels, of course. I know that I can get 700-800k per hour. That means if such a method of cannoning at Brimhaven DOES exist, I'd actually PROFIT by about 500k by using my cannon, and that's not including the drops you get while doing it.

As, and Sadukar points about above, if you cannon in the wild, there are no wild dogs to worry about. There are revenants, but in p2p for a well-armed high level, they are hardly a threat.

I was discussing slayer xp per hour (as was extremely clear throught the entire thread, and as you knew). 54k flat melee xp per hour is awful, even for a Slayer task. I have no idea why you mentioned this, It badly weakens your point.

The wilderness location never even occoured to me. I had never heard of anyone killing greaters in the wilderness on a slayer task, that is what caused the confusion. I have also never attempted to cannon greaters in brimhaven.It would be possible I guess (to wildy cannon), but even if you did, it would be slow compared to other cannonable tasks. Greater demons are slow, expensive slayer xp. The rune C'bow is usually slower than traditional melee weapons on the vast majority of slayer tasks. Unlike other cannonable slayer tasks, you will not be able to suppliment the cannon with your own kills in any significant way.

Now that you pretended that we were discussing general training and not slayer by pointlessly mentioning that they are on par with ankos in terms of xp/hour, you are prepared to return to slayer when we discuss charms. In comparison with waterfiends and Black demons they are poor charms. They are the 5th best task for crimson charms. That is no reason to do them. If you are so desprate for crimsons hat you are willing to do a slow, unprofitable slayer task to get them, it is probably time to go camp rock lobs.

If we are discussing Slayer the opportunity cost argument does not apply. Slayer does not assign avainese, or green dragons( at least not with duradel), or Bandos GWD or any of the usual popular money making methods.

So, you've got a good task when you get Greater demons, that is if you like slow xp5th best charms, and if you don't get inturrupted by reverants and have to stop killing to deal with revs. Also, if you don't mind never getting any good drops.