(lock)

Karvinen

Unless you are going to kill the mummy yourself, don't open the sarcophagus. Your cowardice ruins the minigame for other players if you don't kill the mummy, because it attacks everyone, not just the opener of the sarcophagus.

Well irl I don't think real thieves would care very much about other people looting the pyramid. In fact, I think they would WANT to make it difficult, that way the others would get less stuff and therefore he could get more.

Every man for himself really.

Although personally I blackjack, I don't think I would open it. The chance is so low that the loss of speed and hp isn't worth it.

I don't give a damn what other players think, I'm going to open the sarcophagus whether they like it or not.

Flaming me about it will make me open it in every room, instead of just the last few.

Chance of a sceptre > other players.

Pretty much. if I'm training theiving, I don't need you to tell me how to do it, plus they aren't that hard to kill. Also, bring a weapon then you wouldn't have as much trouble.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

Hmm, I agree with the rant actually. Dunno why people have/waste time opening the sarcophagus anyway since that means the person probably missed out on getting more thieving exp. Gets annoying but just don't play in a high populated world then.

You can also get the sceptres from the Grand Gold Box (or whatever it was again). It is good enough reason for me to not open the Sarcophagus.

Opening it and then leaving the mummy there just shows how people lack empathy.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

You can also get the sceptres from the Grand Gold Box (or whatever it was again). It is good enough reason for me to open the Sarcophagus.

I'm sorry, but I could care less about a bunch of pixels in a game that are controlled by people I've never met, and will never meet either. I want a sceptre. The sarcophagus is placed in game to give me a chance on the sceptre, therefore, I open the sarcophagus. It's all in the game. Saying I shouldn't open it is arrogant. I'm not just leaving the sarcophagus because someone else is unable to handle a mummy.

Whenever I meet a mummy that has been released by an other player I simply ignore it. Worst case I just might have to heal myself with my pony. Not really that life threatening.

Saying I shouldn't open it is arrogant. I'm not just leaving the sarcophagus because someone else is unable to handle a mummy.
Agreed.

If you can't fight off a mummy so that others can have a shot at a sceptre, then you're the one who lacks empathy. Everyone taking that extra chance at a sceptre provides more greater good, I think.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

This is a competitive game - you're supposed to do things to get benefits for yourself even if it puts other players at a disadvantage. That's kind of the point. I doubt that you hopped every single time you saw someone in a spot with limited resources.

This is a competitive game - you're supposed to do things to get benefits for yourself even if it puts other players at a disadvantage. That's kind of the point. I doubt that you hopped every single time you saw someone in a spot with limited resources.

Yes, of course, but the gaming experience would be more pleasuring for everyone if everyone would try to also make other players' gaming experience fun, now wouldn't it?

Of course, for some people, it's mostly about their own succeeding, which is, of course, logically much more convenient. I won't start criticizing these people anymore, I've seen it's like poking a beehive with a stick. The results are painful, though mentally instead of physically, like in a real stick-on-beehive situation.

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Yes, of course, but the gaming experience would be more pleasuring for everyone if everyone would try to also make other players' gaming experience fun, now wouldn't it?

Of course, for some people, it's mostly about their own succeeding, which is, of course, logically much more convenient. I won't start criticizing these people anymore, I've seen it's like poking a beehive with a stick. The results are painful, though mentally instead of physically, like in a real stick-on-beehive situation.

While I understand what you're saying about everyone being a little more polite so that everyone benefits, I personally am extremely competitive in Runescape. I will steal Slayer spots, mining spots, anything, even if it's unnecessary. Maybe I'm an [wagon], but I have fun doing it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I wouldn't know why you'd want to criticize people that make normal use of the elements in a game (yes a game) in the first place.

This isn't real life. You seem to be forgetting that.

The people behind the computer screen however have real feelings. All the Sheeples on RSOF and in game do not count.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

The people behind the computer screen however have real feelings. All the Sheeples on RSOF and in game do not count.
Unleashing a mummy on someone in real life is not cool.

In a game, if it's not on purpose, and they can heal quickly, effectively, and cheaply, then it's no big deal. Everyone should open the sarcophagus because the chance at a sceptre outweighs the cost of healing.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

i've said this once on a thread i made before.

this is a game. you have a fake character doing fake things in a "real game". if something happens to that character, a guy in ireland will not quit just because he found out some guy died from a mummy in pyramid plunder. if anything he's laughing his [wagon] off. the things you lose and the things you gain are purely pixels. it may be more than just a made up bunch of numbers to you but by the end of the day it's just a picture of a mythical item. if you play this game, [i know] it's for enjoyment. and if something is ruining this enjoyment for you, then find a solution and learn that others will have to learn that too. if people call you sad, a nerd, noob, or other words of the sort then ignore them. we have a red frowning face for a reason. stuff does happen that pisses us off.

don't get me wrong, ranting/venting is fine, but when you go and say that people have to do something in the game to suite your wants or needs, i'm bound to reply. i play for me and me only so if i leave a mummy alone, then i left a mummy alone. welcome to social Darwinism.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

I wouldn't know why you'd want to criticize people that make normal use of the elements in a game (yes a game) in the first place. Because I live in a purple cotton candy land where everyone is nice to each other. :roll:

This isn't real life. You seem to be forgetting that. Care to explain how am I forgetting this isn't real life?

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I don't give a damn what other players think, I'm going to open the sarcophagus whether they like it or not.

Flaming me about it will make me open it in every room, instead of just the last few.

I agree, if you dont like it, too bad. Part of the reason ppl do PP instead of blackjacking is the chance at a sceptre.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]