30th April 2009 - New Dwarf Quest: Diary 3

@Dan3HitU

i love these DD's, but i see a little problem with this dwarf DD series...

-it's on 1 quest on series and they are starting to tease as with the finale that'll be only 2 quests later.

-it's already showing the required stats. what's next? reward spoiler? or maybe the whole quest storyline spoiler? ("and now we just have to code it...and that quest will be done")

seriously teasing is good, but they're pushing the limit. quest isn't something they can tell enough about in DD's, without ruining "the surprise of JaGex"

want_a_box.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really do hope d pickaxe come at the grandmaster quest for this chain. however, d warhammer would not be unreasonable, seeing how the dwarven black guard uses warhammers...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I really don't think they'll wait until the grandmaster quest to release the dragon pick, it will probably be buyable or a monster drop after the 1st or the 2nd one. I'm thinking you can buy it for 200k after the 2nd quest, and only usable after you complete it.

Kinda logical that Dragon Pickaxe will come, after all it does deal with the Red Axe... Dragon is red, and pickaxe[/b]?

Also, what do we relate dwarves to? Smithing and mining. Dragon Warhammer doesn't smith anything though, but maybe it will have something to smith with ..? But they already announced that they will have a Dragon Pickaxe soon. Maybe they'll both come out though :shock:

Warhammers are on sale in kendalgrim, though, and dwarves often use warhammers as weapons. The chaos dwarves in Traverly Dungeon do, anyway.

I think that either one or the other will be given out in connection to this quest line. I'm going to start collecting fire rune drops for junk trades again.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Kinda logical that Dragon Pickaxe will come, after all it does deal with the Red Axe... Dragon is red, and pickaxe[/b]?

Also, what do we relate dwarves to? Smithing and mining. Dragon Warhammer doesn't smith anything though, but maybe it will have something to smith with ..? But they already announced that they will have a Dragon Pickaxe soon. Maybe they'll both come out though :shock:

Warhammers are on sale in kendalgrim, though, and dwarves often use warhammers as weapons. The chaos dwarves in Traverly Dungeon do, anyway.

I think that either one or the other will be given out in connection to this quest line. I'm going to start collecting fire rune drops for junk trades again.

If its quest related you can almsot 100% gurantee you'll need the quest to use it.

Like u need lsot city to us d long and dagger

or heroes for b axe and mace

or monkey madness (not sure on this 1?) for scim

or legends for sq

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If its quest related you can almsot 100% gurantee you'll need the quest to use it.

or legends for sq

But you don't need WGS for D-claws. ;)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

or legends for sq

But you don't need WGS for D-claws. ;)

Yes but d claws aren't quest related directly.

Its a drop same as d hatchet, dfh, d spear and d2h. It jsut a monster u cant access til u do the quest.

The others are quest rewards as the quest unlocks the shop.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

or legends for sq

Not really, look at: Med Helm, Full Helm, Hatchet, Spear, 2H Sword, Claws, Chain, Skirt/Legs, Boots.

or legends for sq

Not really, look at: Med Helm, Full Helm, Hatchet, Spear, 2H Sword, Claws, Chain, Skirt/Legs, Boots.

none of thoose are quest related.

My point is simple:

Dwarves sell picks and warhammers therefore if either comes from the quest its likely to be a shop item rather than a drop.

Quest related shop items = require quest to use therefore preparing masses of junk incase of needing to buy them = bad mvoe probably

Plv6Dz6.jpg

grandmaster quest has me interested, wasn't there a connection between the evil dwarves and another storyline?

Yeah, the Red Axe company manufactured Chaos Dwarves for the gnomish city of Arposandra. It ties in with the Eyes/Path of Glouphrie quest series.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

grandmaster quest has me interested, wasn't there a connection between the evil dwarves and another storyline?

Yeah, the Red Axe company manufactured Chaos Dwarves for the gnomish city of Arposandra. It ties in with the Eyes/Path of Glouphrie quest series.

this sounds like a good way to wrap up 2 quest chains at once. :thumbup:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

yup, it's practically inevitable that these Dwarf quests will somehow further the Arposandra chain.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Ouch.. another quest with 70+ requirement(s)? I hope that such a requirement is strength or defence or something, because I absolutely despise skilling. If the requirements like these are seen more frequently and if Mark's wish of 80-90 skill req's comes true, the quest cape might be one of the hardest cape to obtain eventually.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

yup, it's practically inevitable that these Dwarf quests will somehow further the Arposandra chain.

It would be amazing if the new dwarf quests developer forgot about that :lol:

Admiral_Caro.png

Ouch.. another quest with 70+ requirement(s)? I hope that such a requirement is strength or defence or something, because I absolutely despise skilling. If the requirements like these are seen more frequently and if Mark's wish of 80-90 skill req's comes true, the quest cape might be one of the hardest cape to obtain eventually.

I think the quest cape already is one of the hardest or close too

I believe someone worked it out somewhere and the quest cape requires something like 10mil+ xp across various skills already.

Either way its guaranteed to become the hardest one day because quest reqs all slowly creep upwards and as soon as say we each skill at 70 in 1 quest or another that's looking at 17mil xp whihc takes us above and beyond any singular lvl 99

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Since the day capes of achievement came out, I figured there will come a day where QP capes would be the hardest to get and most adoreable ones. Though that day still seems far away considering capes like Slayer, Prayer, Herblore, Agility, Farming and dare I say Construction...

I'm doubting that they will release the dragon pickaxe because there is no Mining level requirement to the quest. Although, that could just mean you don't have to use one during the quest.

j0xPu5R.png

I'm doubting that they will release the dragon pickaxe because there is no Mining level requirement to the quest. Although, that could just mean you don't have to use one during the quest.

It could also mean that the pickaxe will come on a later quest, or that (like many other quests) the quest will open a shop, or unlock a mini-quests which unlocks those.

But these are all pointless speculations. I'd rather just wait and see when and how the new pickaxe will be intorduced.

Well, time to get mining and smithing into the high 70s. :P

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Well, time to get mining and smithing into the high 70s. :P

^That's what I was thinking.

Although it does not list mining in the requirements, there is a possibility it could wind up in the future quest requirements in the series...*thinks of a possible "75 mining" requirement*.. ugh.... well as long as it is not rc-ing.

chris_924.png

He said in the diary that if changes were made to the quest, the requirements would be changed.

He never said those requirements were the 100% sure ones they would be having.

Won't we all be trolled if the eventual reward is a Dragon thrownaxe?

Or better yet, Dragon cannonballs, colloquially known as Dragonballs.

:twss:

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]