How is a typical high lvl supposed to be like?

llVIU

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a high-level.

I'm like level 54 :P

But I have 90 mining, so whenever people with all melee 99s are like,

"N00b wtf you so gae!"

:What is your level in Mining?

High Level: 70 n00b, you?

:My Mining level is 90.

High Level: :o Bots!

People expect high-level players to be mature, respectful, and helpful. Well, shouldn't we expect that from low-level players as well? I think what some of you are suggesting is that high-level players should be setting an example, but we should be applying the same standards across the board.

In reality, what we get is the same types of people you find in any given community: some good, some bad, and a whole lot in between. High stats doesn't equal good leadership skills, nor is it a good indication of one's personality. Low stats doesn't imply a lack of leadership skills. If a high-level player creates a brand new account today, it's the same exact person with the same knowledge and maturity level behind that new avatar. It doesn't make them any different except in stats.

Combat levels, total levels, experience points, quest points, wealth...none of this makes devils or saints.

rssig2.png

To be honest you have to be pretty socially withdrawn to be a high level anyway, it's almost impossible to have both a life and a great RuneScape account at the same time so this is why people get an impression of their odd acting.

But you're a high level too...besides, 'socially active' can mean different things to different people; to teens, it means something akin to clique-level friendships; to young adults, it means hanging out with friends on the odd weekend, when you're not working.

Anyway, since you wanted a straight answer - be indifferent to the opinions of others around you. Let them think what they want to think. Don't let it get to you. I've been called a no-life on many occasions myself, but it doesn't bother me. The insults that they hurl at you shouldn't bother you, either.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I've seen many more obnoxious low levels than high levels. The high leveled players I've met who were rude did it because they were fed up with idiotic, immature level 60s bugging the crap out of them with RTFM questions phrased using atrocious grammar.

I'd also like to point out that I have 135m total exp, and 90% of that is combat-based. Wanna know why? I think skills in this game are pointless. You are not rewarded AT ALL for raising most skills past 85, most skills lose you money instead of making it, and combat eclipses every single skill except runecrafting in terms of cash made per hour. What reason is there for me to skill?

td2sig.jpg

Good question. I can't answer it thoroughly enough due to the diversity.

But I can tell you that being an atypical high level player will mean that you will command respect, and that you will be looked up to, rather than having to look down upon others to try and justify the time you spent in getting your levels.

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

Be yourself, who cares what the others think?

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

What reason is there for me to skill?

For fun? I personally enjoy setting goals and reaching them, for example maxing out everything you can do in a skill.

I think the typical high level should know a lot about the game, be mature and at least have tried most skills.

2dvjurb.png

In order to become a high level player, you need a lot of patience.

Patience is generally associated with wisdom, although it can be substituted with boredom. Because of this, you get people from all walks at the higher ranks.

At the end of the day, if someone is being that childish, they're simply an ignore list away.

stormveritas.png

The only way I really think that a high-level account may have been hacked or bought, is when it acts "nooby" E.g, not knowing where places like seers village or Trollhiem are, or they do things like beg.

Wrong

You may have been F2P

Or may have not played for a while and not know where new places are

I had that problem when i quit for a year and came back confused

Jamje.png

null and void

I dont like stereotypes, so i dont think "oh X is a high combat he is obveosily going to be helpful/nolife/arrogent" I just wait and see what there like, and i find most of them to be extremly kind and helpful. WHich is why most of the people on my friends list are over 100, while im only 80 :?

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

So I think the main advice I can give you is; Just be yourself!

Exactly what i said, its the best advice anyone can give you ::'

Except when giving Birth...

Wife: Honey! Help me please!

Husband: What do I do?

Wife: Be yourself!

[Husband goes to the Pub]

Luckily we won't have to do this in RuneScape. I hope. #-o

Some players are jerks, some are nice. The majority of jerks just happen to be high levels, so stereotypes come into play etc. :/

I think people grow with their accounts. Because a lot of people got it when they were young themselves, so they (should be) act more mature when they're high levels. I can't seem to get rid of the idea that every level-70 is a 12 year old kid.

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

Idk how a high lvl is "supposed" to behave; I'm just me. Sometimes I have all chats off because I've had a bad day and I just want to train in peace, other days I'm in cc, doing stuff with a clan etc. because I'm in the mood for social interaction. High lvls do get stereotyped it's true, someone told me the other night that I was the exception that proved the rule, being neither rude nor arrogant. That's not true, on a bad day I can be both of those things (which is why I turn all my chats off ;)), furthermore I could be both of those things when my lvl3 self first landed in Lumbridge and I turned off my chats then too. Lvls don't have anything to do with how I interact with other players, it's the individual behind the numbers that matters.

In my experience high lvl players display the same cross section of personality traits as any other section of the rs community.

devorguilla.png

Typically a high-level are more like showoffs in most cases, but there are some that I see are rather mature and experienced, too.

At least they are better than the extremely low-level idiots, who do nothing but telling others to stfu. And follow around, begging for money.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Unfortunately stereotypes exist.

The level of your character should not categorize who you are or what your personality will be (e.g. a level 138 will be arrogant, a level 70 will be immature).

The facts are that getting up to high level requires dedication and time. Therefore (usually) players with higher levels will be more dedicated and have more time, which means they will have more knowledge of various game aspects whether they have directly experienced them or not.

This means on the whole higher leveled players will be more wise.

Obvious exceptions are those who play for other gaming aspects (certain skills, mini-games etc.) who will also have dedication and time. They will have indirectly experienced a lot as well (for example a skiller may have a level 130+ friend who uses the GWD a lot, he then explains the mechanics and his tactics to the skiller friend).

The wisdom and knowledge that high leveled players posses does not mean they will be 'mature'.

Maturity is a completely different personality trait. In fact I'd suggest some high level players become overly competitive with each other - thus leading to arrogance and 'immaturity'.

Just my thoughts.

Drow4.png

Personally, I will always try to be good to those who are good to me, doesn't matter what level they are.

I will try to give advice to people if I see them doing something wrong or asking for help.

If people are being an [wagon], I'll try to beat them to the ground with words and logic, not stupid insults or threats.

Unfortunately, nowadays, about 65% of people I meet fit into the "complete [wagon]" catagory.

2Xeo5.png

The only way I really think that a high-level account may have been hacked or bought, is when it acts "nooby" E.g, not knowing where places like seers village or Trollhiem are, or they do things like beg.

Have you ever forgotten where you put your keys or wallet? Or perhaps forgotten the way to get to a certain place in the car in real life? Sometimes I do "nooby" things on Runescape and I've played since 2001.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think the high level person with only high combat stats are the nooby ones that no one really likes. Thye don't really know how the game is really played and barely live outside of pest control. On the other end of the spectrum, the high level'd players that have non-combat stats to back up their combat are the respectful and wise players. Most of them have done a number of quests so know their way around the game.
Yay more stereotyping. 80% of my total experience is combat.

Also, I logged on for 2 minutes to check ge offers and in that time was verbally abused by some random level 3, saying that I don't have a life.

I never said all people with a majority of their exp in combat are the more nooby ones.

~~Chaise91~~

High level players aren't supposed to like anything. Nothing should be expected od them. They are exactly the same as all the other players many levels lower than them, only difference is that their levels are much higher. People expect high levels to know everything (or more than the levels lower than them), they expect high levels to be rich, they expect them to not act like children. Remember that your level is not determined by your age or matturaty, but only by the time you have put into playing Runescape. alot of high level player like myself don't know alot, or even anything at all. They have always stuck to the simple ways of doing things. I got 99 Strength at Ankou (very nooby in some people's opionions) because i did not know of any better way to get it at that time. Just because we are higher levels shoud not mean that knowledge and matturaty should be expected of us.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

High level players aren't supposed to like anything. Nothing should be expected od them. They are exactly the same as all the other players many levels lower than them, only difference is that their levels are much higher. People expect high levels to know everything (or more than the levels lower than them), they expect high levels to be rich, they expect them to not act like children. Remember that your level is not determined by your age or matturaty, but only by the time you have put into playing Runescape. alot of high level player like myself don't know alot, or even anything at all. They have always stuck to the simple ways of doing things. I got 99 Strength at Ankou (very nooby in some people's opionions) because i did not know of any better way to get it at that time. Just because we are higher levels shoud not mean that knowledge and matturaty should be expected of us.

You're right. Though, there is a correlation (note: correlation, no causal link) between maturity and level. With high level comes years of play and a lot of experience ingame. The rough edges will probably be gone by the time one hits a high level.

I've seen on the RSOF that the maxed out players are more mature compared to the average RSOF audience.

But in general, having a high level just means you've spend a lot of time on the game. Nothing more.