More easily hit while not attacking

pamzheng

Sorry if this thread was dead, but....

... while on a slayer task at basilisks I noticed that they can hit on you regularly if you start a fight and try to walk away, even if you have a mirror shield equipped.

What attack style are you using during this?

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it somewhere officially confirmed that you have "lower defence" while not attacking an enemy? I have never heard of such a thing but I am convinced that one is much more easily hit while not actively attacking the "attacker" so to speak.

You can often notice this while eating during a fight, at least I do. Very often when I eat while being a attacked, I get hit, while I perhaps very rarely get hit by that monster/NPC otherwise.

What is your view on this? Is it just random? Is it confirmed somewhere officially? If so, where?

I think this question might be related to the question *if you are attacking and getting def xp are you getting hit less?*

98% of all runescape players wastes most of their time on skilling, if you are one of the 2% that stayed with player killing. Put this in your signature.

... while on a slayer task at basilisks I noticed that they can hit on you regularly if you start a fight and try to walk away, even if you have a mirror shield equipped.

Agressive I think, whichever trains str.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Agressive I think, whichever trains str.

Then that doesn't really support what we were saying before about attack styles, although I'm willing to believe that both attack styles and unresponsiveness can affect the chances of you being hit.

For those saying that it doesn't happen when you eat during PvP: remember that the 10 second rule does not just apply to safezones or logging out.

2dgucz6.png

after years of trial and error at jagex's ... frankenstien of a "wilderness"

im 99.8% convinced if were fighting and you run from me. while im hitting you in the bank i do belive im going to inflict more damage then if you were facing me.

but thats just me ... and hell... im crazy?

Don't be so mean towards them! :shame:

I don't melee much so i wouldn't notice, but i believe the idea you are refering to is parrying?

When someone is chopping you with a sword, it is common sence to try and deflect it with your own. If you are turning the other way making tea or something, you're more likely to sustain a more painfull wound.

Evidence for your idea would be interesting :thumbsup:

You people keep going on and on about "too much time and effort"

if (target.isInCombat() == false && isFirstHit() == true) {

target.defense -= (target.defense * . 20);

}

This goes pre-hit, swap the variables with ones jagex uses, and your defense is slashed by 20%. Have it reverted after the hit.

Damn, I just deafeated half your arguments about "too much code"

Ok cool, but that doesn't answer the question.

Why did Jagex even put it in?

Also, just like everyone has said, this DOES NOT exist.

For some kind of aspect of realism/depth to the game?

We could easily have teleports to go everywhere, but Jagex made a charter system to take us around for varied prices depending on the destination and current location.

Most members have more than 10k sitting in their bank, so why does Jagex bother making the Ring of Charos reduce charter fees by a small percent? Or make it reduce other things my small percents?

How can you say this does not exist when you don't have thousands of lines of data proving your point? If its something so easy to add in, and might just make a difference, why not? Have you ever watched all those Spec KO videos? Where people unleash DDS specs all over the place and get massive KOs. It surly cant be ALL based on random, there are factors that sway fights, so Im sure this does exist to some extent.

Wow....I feel truly sorry for the OP. Nowhere else have a seen such a storm of illiterate replies posted by people who didn't even read/comprehend the post. It's half a paragraph. He isn't saying this SHOULD be added, he is saying he noticed a pattern and wanted to know if other people noticed it.

Sorry if the discussion went up after the second page...cause I didn't read it. I was too filled with rage after reading the first page of replies, all of which contained rude responses that were insulting you for something you weren't even saying.

Damn, I just deafeated half your arguments about "too much code"

Ok cool, but that doesn't answer the question.

Why did Jagex even put it in?

Also, just like everyone has said, this DOES NOT exist.

You are a complete moron. First you say "THIS WOULD TAKE TOO LONG" and state it as though it is an absolute fact/truth that you KNOW. Then, you get proven completely wrong because this is not something that would take an enormous ammount of time to be put into the game...Then you have to go make another "factual" statement "THIS DOES NOT EXIST"? Maybe you should learn your lesson and stop stating "facts" about things that neither you nor nobody else at this point knows for sure.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

the only relevant fact i can contribute to this thread is that if you are fighting "defensive" you have SLIGHTLY higher defense, whether you are attacking or just standing there.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

the only relevant fact i can contribute to this thread is that if you are fighting "defensive" you have SLIGHTLY higher defense, whether you are attacking or just standing there.

How are you so sure about the bold part? Okay, you will get a slight defense boost when you're fighting (as proven from RSC), but it was never said to be while being idle as well :)

As I said, I too have noticed this, but ofcourse this can't really be proven.

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Obviously, adding this takes a lot more time and effort than NOT adding it. Adding it really serves no benefit. So why would Jagex have even bothered to consider this?

Who said it had to be added intentionally? Could just as easily be a gap in the coding that makes it so.

Honestly, it's something that will always be an unknown. To me... I slightly did feel more vunerable when eating. Just seemed to me that I could get hit for small numbers over a course of time... and then when I decided to eat... I would magically get hit for almost the amount I just healed (in some cases), requiring me to eat again.

It's all from a matter of experience and perception. I'm sure the same has happened to some people. They just don't take as much notice to it.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Obviously, adding this takes a lot more time and effort than NOT adding it. Adding it really serves no benefit. So why would Jagex have even bothered to consider this?

No shift sherlock, Im pretty sure ANYTHING will take more time than not doing it.

@ Unjustblood

You took my quote out of context. If you're going to make a comment like that at least read the whole thing, I said that for a reason...

Who said it had to be added intentionally? Could just as easily be a gap in the coding that makes it so.

If it wasn't intentional, that means you would gain defense by going into combat. Personally, I don't feel like Jagex would program it that way.

Oh, and you do get the bonus for being on defensive outside of combat. I've notice that while Runecrafting. :thumbup:

If it wasn't intentional, that means you would gain defense by going into combat. Personally, I don't feel like Jagex would program it that way.

Not necessarily. You're trying to add logic to something that really wouldn't have a logic. Gaps in coding happen all the time. It's why games have glitches and bugs. It's an anomaly.

It's only a theory, a theory that really can't be proven or disproven. Similar to the Ring of Wealth sceptics. The theory is simply you are vunerable when being attacked while not attacking. That doesn't mean that your defense goes up once you start attacking. In theory, your defense would be where it should be when you are attacking. So let's say someone with 75 defense is standing in the wilderness, with auto retaliate off, and is attacked. Their defense could be like possibly 70, but once they start attacking, it goes back up to 75 where it should have been to begin with.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Or maybe, the NPC has really high attack? :P

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I have thought this for years! It definitely seems that way, which is why when possible, I eat after the NPC is dead. More often that not, even with 99 defence, the NPC appears much more lilely to hit! It makes sense in a way as someone with there back turned cannot really defend themselves, however proving this would be insanely difficult.

Good topic.

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips