RS is the worst piece of crap to be the greatest thing ever.

Dizzle229

Today while (failing) at iron drags, I thought of this.

I'm here at them to make money. I'm not making money because I don't have good enough levels to fight them. I don't have the levels to fight them because I haven't spent enough time training the skills. I haven't been training the skills enough because I haven't played for long enough.

I've been playing on and off (mostly on), for two years. You can view my stats on the left. Yet I STILL haven't done enough to be an even decent player. Why? Why does this game demand so much of you to have fun? This is why RS is a piece of crap.

I know that once you get insanely high levels you can do fun things like the GWD and Barrows. This also means riches like you wouldn't believe for many players. This is why RS is the greatest game ever.

But all of that takes DAYS worth of boring, repetitive training per skill. I just don't know how some people can do it.

Opinions?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those days of "boring" training as a noob were the best days of RuneScape.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

But all of that takes DAYS worth of boring, repetitive training per skill. I just don't know how some people can do it.

Opinions?

Doesn't take long to level, if it takes you long you either a) get distracted or B) do not know how to level.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

You have successfully burnt your first shrimp.

Congratulations! You have now reached the highest level in this skill!

Without the meat, the buns will never satisfy your hunger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn, that's probably the cheesiest thing I have ever posted.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Opinions?

Doesn't take long to level, if it takes you long you either a) get distracted or B) do not know how to level.

Wrong good sir. The only exception is combat, where its grinding up until you do Defender of Varrock, then Armored Zombies whisk you away to 99s.

Edit:

And n_odie, that was good, but in this case the meat is bland.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

it depends cause u can make the skill boring or not. nothing comes easy on runescape. u have to work for it.

But thats the thing, you never really work, you just bore yourself to death for a few hours a day.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

And n_odie, that was good, but in this case the meat is bland.

I prefer mine well season with good friends... cannibalism is ftw.

The nice thing about RS is that there is no set path for you to take to reach your final goal. Half the fun is finding YOUR way to enjoy the game.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Wrong good sir. The only exception is combat, where its grinding up until you do Defender of Varrock, then Armored Zombies whisk you away to 99s.

No, I can get 70+ skills a hour a day in a year. Its not hard. Nothing in this game is hard. And thats 70+ for ALL skills. A hour a day on just combat and you can rocket to high enough stats to GWD or fight caves, which you think is fun. (And let me tell you, you think grinding at GWD is any more fun then grinding anywhere else?)

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

No, I can get 70+ skills a hour a day in a year. Its not hard. Nothing in this game is hard. And thats 70+ for ALL skills. A hour a day on just combat and you can rocket to high enough stats to GWD or fight caves, which you think is fun. (And let me tell you, you think grinding at GWD is any more fun then grinding anywhere else?)

If you can succeed at GWD, you don't need to train anymore ;)

The problem is that it takes forever. This wouldn't be a problem if the training was actually fun, but its slow and boring.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

TBH, I had more fun as a lower level when I didn't care so much about levels. All I needed back then was my trusty rubber chicken and a good friend or two (one of the main reasons it took me 4 months to get 99 wc was because I kept leaving the trees to chase a friend around and/or play cw with someone). <3: Then, of course, Edgeville got pwned by clan chats and me and my friends stopped going through there and, in effect saw each other a lot less :cry: ; and, with me being more inclined towards skilling and mini-games and my friends more inclined toward pvp and monster hunting, everything just turned into a grind. :thumbdown:

I'm starting to get back to those fun days (I mostly either hang out at the GE/Edgeville bank in full santa gear pelting people with snowballs or whacking them with my rubber chicken :twisted: :lol: or at sc where all I do is 1-item (lvl 5 daggers ftw) and try to get the most kills and damage done in each game 8-) ), but my old friends are either still out monster hunting and such or have quit. :|

EDIT: Hopefully I will be able to make some new friends if/when I switch over to MechScape (whenever it comes out) and I can do my best not to repeat the same mistakes I made on RuneScape (namely, forget that the point of the game is to have fun and not to grind away endlessly ignoring friends because you "have" to get that level by next Friday :wall: ).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

1.) You SHOULD NOT in any successful MMO be given the ability to make large amounts of money or high end items unless you put a large amount of work into it.

2.) When a new player gets his first 10k, he is rich. When an average player gets his first 1m he is rich. When a seasoned player gets his first 10m he is rich. When a veteran player gets his first 100m he is rich.

As you gain more and more levels, the amount of cash you need increases. You won't need 100m the first week of playing, because at those levels you can't access the more expensive items.

3.) Killing a guard at level 3 is like killing Jad at 138. Etc Etc Etc.

The higher end content comes with time, but while you are at a lower level and have not put much time into the game there are still things you can do that are challenging for you.

Stellactic.gif

I understand what you're all saying, but the trip from newb to God is not fun, thats the problem. 65-90 CB has offered few new things.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I think you're forgetting another thing- the end is also the emptiest part of the game. Few skills extend that far so, after your long, boring grind, you stand on the top of a mighty mountain!!! Of featureless ice. With nothing to do.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Your glorifing the high level things to much. Trust me they will get old eventually.

When I first started GWD it was such a thrill now it's basically spend 5 hrs in the same place killing the same monster with friends and/or random people and hope for a long green line. I don't find it much fun anymore because I have done it too much.

Enjoy the days of worry free adventuring and hanging out with your friends because they truely are the best times you will ever have on runescape.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I think you're forgetting another thing- the end is also the emptiest part of the game. Few skills extend that far so, after your long, boring grind, you stand on the top of a mighty mountain!!! Of featureless ice. With nothing to do.

Except do all the things you've wanted to do since you started.

Then in a few years RS shuts down, and THEN what you described happens.

And Master, if these are the best times of RS, then this really is a bad game.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I understand what you're all saying, but the trip from newb to God is not fun, thats the problem. 65-90 CB has offered few new things.

'Round 110+ combat is where things get start to get fun :D

wl7w9j.png

Except do all the things you've wanted to do since you started.

Then in a few years RS shuts down, and THEN what you described happens.

And Master, if these are the best times of RS, then this really is a bad game.

It was when I was playing you'd pm some friends go around kill some stuff find some new places and it was such great fun.

I think your in the middle stage where well there isn't too much to do because your not high leveled yet and the fun content at 70-100 is lacking. But maybe your just pushing yourself to do mindless stuff you don't enjoy and that is a big no-no. Find something you like doing and do it for a bit then go back to training ::'

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

that's how most online games are.

Different people have different opinions of fun. You just have to stop and enjoy the moment.

Smither, when you talked about PMing you made me realize what I think is the problem.

All of my friends stopped playing long ago, so for the past 25 CB levels (I'm 90 now), I've been playing this game entirely solo.

I need to add people, or find a good cc or something :? Have you considered a career as a therapist?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png