Fletching, firemaking and cooking - Skillcapes of dirt?

RuneAge

Personally, I don't think any of the skillcapes are "dirt". This is mainly because:

-EVERY 99 skill is a grind.

-People with 99's deserve to be respected.

-This shows you like the skill and you dedicated to it.

It's kind of sad, seeing people laughing at cooking/fletching capes. And by NO MEANS is firemaking easy.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

Cookings a relatively "crap" cape, its easy to get requires little money and effort, also the cape looks horrible. I still respect the cape just like any other though.

Fletching is more expensive and hard than cooking, and the cape looks pro.

In my opinion, fire making is NOT a skillcape of dirt, it requires loads and loads of clicking and when compared to the above 2 (with make-X and all) Its very hard to get.

O.O

I play the game for me, not for Mr. Joe Judgealot shmuck that comes and thinks my achievement are worthless.

Mr. Joe Judgealot shmuck can kiss my butt.

:roll: Oh, and another one of these threads....

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

The only people who can insult them, are people who have them themselves

Any 99 is an achievement, but tbh herblore/construction are easy capes to get if you can afford it

You just sit in 1 place -.-

Jamje.png

null and void

Any 99 is an achievement, but tbh herblore/construction are easy capes to get if you can afford it

I beg to differ, in my opinion, making the money for the 99 is part of getting the 99.. and herbole/construction costs around 150-200m, now unless you are insanely lucky at GWD that will take some time to get.

Also, i love the firemaking skill and I find it in no way easy, and respect to anyone who gets it becasue I know how repetitive it can get. Cooking and fletching on the other hand, I respect only if the person got the skill because they liked the skill. Not for a cape.

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

Surely it depends on the individual player? A lot of people look down on 99 hunting; that cape is going to kill me to get because I hate hunting and I think anyone who has the patience to argue with halfwits for days on end deserves my respect. On the other hand, runecrafting was easy for me, I liked the skill and I sailed through the levels, when I got 99 I didn't feel it was any great shakes because it didn't feel like I'd worked particularly hard for it. When I finally get 99 hunting I will be dancing round my computer... mostly because I'll never have to do it again. :thumbsup:

I think it's up to you to decide how much you value your skillcapes and stuff what other people think.

devorguilla.png

Yes, and getting 100 million isnt hard at all is it.

No, not at all, we all know how easy it is to get 100 mill.

O.O

Yea it is...GWD is a joke now on how easy it is, and so is DKs.

i think firemaking ia alright, i mean who the hell can click that much? and plus the update which gets u inferno adze :roll: :wall: but cooking and fletching is just for noobs tbh lol

cooking capes should be changed to a gold color. and the logo on the back should be changed to 3M.

better yet just let that cook sell the cape for 3m so that way player wouldnt have to go through 2-3 weeks of cooking.

lol99cook.th.jpg

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

Where there is water, there is life.

Where there is darkness, there is light.

Where there are hard skills, there are easy.

Got it?

Everything can't just be Mining/RC/Slayer.... If we didn't have Cooking/Fletching/Firemaking then Mining/RC/Slayer etc wouldn't be so much different from any other skill, they wouldn't be special.

Firemaking is a skill that i place in "Medium" section of difficulty. Fletching is at "Easy" and Cooking is at "Medium".

nope, cooking is faar easier then fletch, fletching's best xp is by cutting mage long bow( stringing is crap xp) and cooking u can just put fish on and u will auto cook it, @ lvl 94, its 300k a hour! so cooking its easiest

I found it harder to get 99 Firemaking compared to 99 Prayer. Anyone that clicked their way to 99 Firemaking deserves my props. Can't say the same thing about Cooking and Fletching though.

PS - Thieving with Pyramid Plunder is beginning to join the ranks of Cooking, Fletching, and Firemaking as well.

120dgl.jpg

Yea it is...GWD is a joke now on how easy it is, and so is DKs.

Where at all did i say 100m was easy to get?

I distinctly said the cape is easy to get if you can afford it

The above sentence is 100% correct :-#

Jamje.png

null and void

Meh.

Cookings a relatively "crap" cape, its easy to get requires little money and effort, also the cape looks horrible. I still respect the cape just like any other though.

Fletching is more expensive and hard than cooking, and the cape looks pro.

In my opinion, fire making is NOT a skillcape of dirt, it requires loads and loads of clicking and when compared to the above 2 (with make-X and all) Its very hard to get.

Wait a second, Fletching more expensive? Last time I checked, you could profit making Yew Longs or at least break even very easily. I got 99 Fletching a lot faster than I got 99 Cooking.

Either way, once again, I don't think any cape as "crap." If you decided to get the cape, I'll respect you for getting it, I may be more impressed by a Herblore, or Smithing cape, but I will not look down upon a Cooking or Fletching cape either.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I think that fletching and cooking are the easier capes, but are in no means nooby. I got my cape becuase I love fletching which is also the same reason I'm keeping it at a perfect exps (13,200,000; 13,3000,000; etc).

I think that firemaking is a very hard cape and I think it's better than fishing or woodcutting (unless you're insane like my friend and get 75-99 woodcutting off 100% mages :ohnoes: )

I got 63-65 firemaking and I almost died inside. :oops:

I just remembered right after my friend trimmed his cooking cape with fletching we were calling each other noobs for fun and some lvl 110 came up and called us both noobs for having noob capes, mean while his highest noncombat skill was 40 something, his highest combat skill was in the 80s and he had a total lvl of under 1100.

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Firemaking is actually kind of difficult in my opinion, because you have to constantly pay attention. This makes it much harder than fletching, cooking, fishing, woodcutting, and several other skills. If it weren't so cheap it would also be harder than the money skills like herblore and crafting, but since those cost so much they still win.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Sheesh, how many of these threads do we need?

Truth be told, I think you should go ahead and get 99 in whatever you want. Although these skills may be easier or cheaper to get 99 in, there is still some degree of monotony involved, and they still take many hours of training to achieve.

I play the game for me, not for Mr. Joe Judgealot shmuck that comes and thinks my achievement are worthless.

Which is a unique way of thinking many Runescape players don't share.

Only a newb would walk up to someone and insult their cape, and only a newb would be bothered by it.

The latter.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

People with those 99s call me sad because I have untrimmed hp. :roll:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.