Fletching, firemaking and cooking - Skillcapes of dirt?

RuneAge

The only people who can insult them, are people who have them themselves

Any 99 is an achievement, but tbh herblore/construction are easy capes to get if you can afford it

You just sit in 1 place -.-

Yes, and getting 100 million isnt hard at all is it.

No, not at all, we all know how easy it is to get 100 mill.

Yea it is...GWD is a joke now on how easy it is, and so is DKs.

Where at all did i say 100m was easy to get?

I distinctly said the cape is easy to get if you can afford it

The above sentence is 100% correct :-#

Another reason why we need something that'll let us use sarcasm over the internet. If you're actually being serious in the above statement, that is.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If some people do not respect these skills so be it. Personally I did not get, for example, 99 firemaking for anyone but my self thus I don't mind what anyone else thinks of it. I am glad I have it. ::'

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I plan on getting 99 FM with my adze while cutting to 99 wc. I personally think thats why fm was put in. To burn the excess WC logs.

I find fm quite useful in tagging up the Varrock streets for your "Runescape gang".

Black arm mudda ffffffuddddaass!!! 8-)

That and making hearts. (more info in my firemaking video...but it's not appropriate for the forums ;))

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Yea it is...GWD is a joke now on how easy it is, and so is DKs.

Meh, nothing really makes a consistent 1m + an hour, so getting 100 mill is still 100 hours at least.

So, 100 hours AT LEAST + the time spent actually training the skill probably makes it significantly harder than.

Hunter

Thieving

Fire making

Cooking

Fletching

Crafting

Smithing (maybe, not sure of cost)

Etc.

O.O

One person's dirt is another person's gold bullion. Or something like that.

Personally...I see everyone saying, "Fletch/firemaking/cooking is dirt!" How come no one makes that case for ATTACK CAPES?

Combat 99's are virtually effortless to get thanks to all the high-end melee weapons, namely the abyssal whip. And attack exp modes are usually the default for every weapon. Plus, you don't have to pay to get it. I can take a whip, rune armor, and tuna and camp at bandits for hours and hours. I could have from 70-99 attack in a month's time. And it cost me virtually nothing.

Why is it just that cooking/fm/fletch that get a bad rap? I don't get it. :wall:

hzvjpwS.gif

At least with 99 cooking you hardly burn stuff. The other skills give no benefit.

I got 99 cooking as a by-product of 99 Fishing and I got 99 firtemaking as a by-product of 99 Woodcutting. Fletching came with the money left over from both.

I don't think I ever wear and of the capes though unless I'm dressing up in a costume which requires it. I usually opt for my Hitpoints or Fishing cape instead as they fit more with my personality.

I got the cooking, fletching and firemaking capes last year as I set myself a little challenge to get some of the skills "out of the way" so to speak.

This year's challenge is a little more significant (Summoning) but if I manage to get it by the end of the year then I might give the other two "nooby skills" (hunter and theiving) a go too.

I get called a noob no matter what cape I wear so what does it matter?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No 99 is easy to get. Everything needs some degree of concentration. Sure some 99's are much easier than others but if Cooking, Firemaking and Fletching were THAT easy wouldn't everyone have them as 99's? Last time i checked there were still a few hundred thousand people who don't have them, so that just proves my point.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I think strength should be added and FM'ing taken down. More people have 99 strength than anything else and firemaking is VERY labor intensive (for me at least) and really annoying. Not everyone can get 99 FM.

~~Chaise91~~

I think strength should be added and FM'ing taken down. More people have 99 strength than anything else and firemaking is VERY labor intensive (for me at least) and really annoying. Not everyone can get 99 FM.

Correction: not everyone wants to waste their time grinding on a useless 99.

70% of the people with fletching cape just want it for the 'recognition' and stats of the cape.

35% of the people with cooking 99 just want it because its one of the easier/easiest ones to get in F2P, and 40% want it for the same reason as fletch

50% of the people with FM capes probably just want it because its got an awesome emote and looks alright. It's not one of those skills everyone wants because its easy. IT HURTS.

Untrimmed strength is for the noobiest noobs though.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

As someone with only precious amounts of time to play the game, I have chosen a path of being a "jack of all trades but master of none". It's an old adage which probably the majority of RS players play by.

I am unlikely to ever get a 99 on any of my accounts but enjoy the game thoroughly nonetheless!. Any 99 is a worthy cape and I salute all of you who have one or more... but it doesn't and shouldn't belittle any of us that work, study (and sleep lol) and will never obtain one.

Proud not to have one! :)

TTFN

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

No No and NO! Choose to play the game your way and don't bother about what other people say. In addition, on a personal basis, I find cooking and firemaking to be quite tough. :wall: I get sooooo bored while cooking and I hate it to the core, although I like the xp rates <3: Firemaking is tough, BUT fun. Yes, I enjoy firemaking :oops:

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Plus, its sorta like a cheap obby cape ::'

This good point is frequently overlooked. For me, a skill cape would simply be something to put in my cape slot. Fire cape is better, I know, but a skill cape actually would be easier for me to get. I play one hour at a time, so a skill cape is possible given enough years, but I find it very hard to do the concentrated playing that would be necessary to get the fire cape. So I wouldn't belittle someone who grinds an easy skill just to get a good cape. Why not? I spent a week getting bones to peaches, and I see no shame in that. What's the difference?

punitivedsig.png

70% of the people with fletching cape just want it for the 'recognition' and stats of the cape.

Well.. how many people do you think got 99 Payer or Agility because they really liked the skill?

You can't say a cape is "junk" just because some people got the 99 just to show off, because if that was the case prayer, construction, herblore, and many other 99's could be considered junk as well.

Just because a cape is popular does not mean its any less of an achievement. The opposite is also true, just because a cape is uncommon/hard to obtain does not make it any more of an achievement. 99 Strength would take almost the same time to get as 99 Defense, so why would you consider one better than the other?

99's are about personal goals, and you should not expect people to grovel at your feet for any 99 you get. And since its a personal challenge it doesn't matter what skill it's in.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Think this is the first 'Easy/Noob 99' thread of the month, congrats ::'

Also, I'd only respect those capes if the materials were gathered by hand. I didn't do that myself but then I wasn't desperate for either of the 3 capes like most of the people who get them for are.

agreed

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

A 99 is a 99, and that's a great achievement. Then of course some skill capes are worth than more since they're harder to get. But I think that you should always feel proud of a skillcape, and other should feel respect for the one wearing it, no matter what skillcape it is.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

well, firemaking is kind of a noob 99

thats really the only one i think to be noobish

how many fires are you going to make now that your 99 firemaking?

you can call 99 fletch a noob skill but i just got it because i love fletching and made quite a bit in the old days from it (getting 71-86 in like 2007)

the point is- i still use fletching (in fact i'm fletching and farming right now)

are you still firemaking? i doubt it.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Correction: not everyone wants to waste their time grinding on a useless 99.

Yep...explains why we both have 99 FM, right? :P

~~Chaise91~~

My opinion is that Firemaking is the most 'nooby' to have, since it has no beneficial use (except mabe the Inferno Adze). Fletching and Cooking can have a use, but most people with the cape don't even bother to make use of the cape they try to show off. I don't think low of them because they have the cape, I think low of them because they wont get any benefit from training that skill with the cape. For example, If you cook about 10 sharks after 99 cooking, you move up 5-10k ranks. While you could say that this is true of agility, it is not. Agility is useful all the time (except when standing still), so everyone can benefit from it, no matter what they are doing, and while not necessarily training it, it is universally useful, rather than useful for maybe the rare occasion when you might need to cook some food/make a bow.

It's a game, people can do whatever will make them happy, as that is largely the purpose of playing a game. No cape is "nooby" even cooking, widely accepted as the easiest, takes over 50 hours with sharks. I wouldn't call anyone willing to spend 50 hours clicking on sharks and fires a noob just because they did it.