6th May 2009 - Bounty Hunter Wilderness-only PvP

Kirderf123

No. Magic rips through dragonhide

I'm 99 magic and I can tell you, magic does not "rip through dragonhide". Magic accuracy is based on your magic bonus, and your magic level. Since magic bonuses are relatively low in most cases, this means the majority of the magic accuracy comes from the magic level.

Since your magic level is also partly magic defense, if your opponent has an equal or higher magic level than you, you are very likely to splash if they have magic resistant armor on. Opposite, if your magic attack is much higher your going to have a much greater accuracy hitting, but even with a higher magic level, dragonhide stats still filter out maybe 1/3 to 1/2 the attacks on average. Add prayer to this, and you filter out around 2/3 of the attacks on average. If you have a lower magic level, well your at about 3/4 splashes or splashing all the time.

Melee is horribly inaccurate against good armor.

You are comparing melee attacks to melee armor? You could say the same about any combat type.

Melee attacks are generally inaccurate against melee armor.

Magic attacks are generally inaccurate against magic armor.

Range attacks are generally inaccurate against range armor.

The triangle is designed to make people using the same combat types to be relatively inaccurate. This is why you are supposed to use an opposite type different than that your opponent is using.

I've had 99 magic on two different accounts... I even tested this against my friend in the duel arena - he had 99 def, 99 magic, max magic defense gear, magic pray, and a wolpentinger... I still ripped through him lol

77yLQy8.png

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, magic has a lower max hit. Doesn't mean it's less effective.

Ah, but it is.

Slap on some d'hide and pray mage, and you're good against mages.

Keep that secret from all the people you've demolished/slaughtered/incinerated/etc :lol:

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I have been pking almost every available opportunity since the new BH worlds came out. My score is 8.5/10 so far.

There are a few bugs yet to be ironed out, and a few anomolies that just don't make sense, but I think they have encapulated what Edge pking was all about very nicely and added a target feature that keeps you logged on for longer!

Bugs:

Once dead, you can attack your killer often without getting a skull. Not good.

You can only chase your opponant out of wildy and get the 10 second timer if they are exactly your level. Why is this? Should be for every opponant, or none. Rangers would be liking this lot!

When someone you have done damage to dies by the hands of someone else and you get the drop - it is impossible to find the drop. Maybe a blinking dot for a few seconds following the death? Something would be nice.

All in all, 1 def pures now have a use and can actually make a profit by pking. P2P pking can be very profitable indeed, I just hope that it won't get abused (like that won't happen).

May as well make the most out of the new wildy while it lasts. Seems that the PvP system gets an overhaul every year or so! I sincerely hope this one lasts forever thogh. It fits my prerequisites for pking very well :)

[hide=]

That is so ignorant. Mage is BY FAR the most powerful skill in the combat triangle.

I agree completely with you! I'm sick of mages hitting 75s or four hits at once and then picking up their ammo, while melee and range can only hit 34-ish max and can't pick up their ammo. It's ridiculous, and your insight makes me think Jagex should make you PvP King.

:roll: :wall: -.-

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=777299

clip0034.gif

82ne2xy.gif

[/hide]

I think you missed one of the main points, look at the two pictures. The target cannot move.

So tell me what good are AGS and Claws if they cant hit your target because you are frozen?

Before you reply, I'd also like to cover 2 points regarding the statement above.

#1) Yes, the melee'er could just put on D'hide, block all mage attacks, and use a melee weapon. That's called hybridizing (Hybriding). You cannot compare a hybrid to a 100% mage, as Hybrid is a combination of two skills, not just one. If the target hybrids, the mage better be hybriding too. Only people who don't understand the triangle bring one combat type into battle and expect it to be successful on everything.

#2) Rushing is an inaccurate comparison of how powerful a combat type is. If you rush with Mage/Range/Melee, it dosen't matter. Rushing always has the element of supprise and thus has an advantage over the target. Most Rushers are hybrids anyways, so they cannot even be put in a triangle classification.

That being said, sure mage could be improved with things like putting runes inside stave's and auto casting all combat spells, but magic is certainly not a "weak" skill. It is on par with both of the others, just in different ways.

You are wrong. Mage is not on par with melee and range. Mage completely dominates melee and range, and should have been nerfed a long, long time ago. It can freeze, poison, heal you, drain stats, cut attack speed in half, and hit up to 62 with a degree of accuracy that meleers or rangers can only dream of.

I thought mage max hit was 30 with ice barrage? #-o

LOL.

the problem with mage is that its pros are so powerful they scare away potential targets (and are considered to be "dishonorable"). sure you can ice your enemy and keep him from ever reaching you, but who's going to stick around for a fight like that? the same goes for the miasmic spells.

although it is possible to combo high hits with magic, it still takes 2 turns to do your 62 damage, while a meleer can do 80+ with claws in one (and still be able to deliver another devastating blow next turn, while a mage cannot).

the problem with mage is that its pros are so powerful they scare away potential targets (and are considered to be "dishonorable"). sure you can ice your enemy and keep him from ever reaching you, but who's going to stick around for a fight like that? the same goes for the miasmic spells.

although it is possible to combo high hits with magic, it still takes 2 turns to do your 62 damage, while a meleer can do 80+ with claws in one (and still be able to deliver another devastating blow next turn, while a mage cannot).

Mage has the best regular hits. Melee and range have the good specs.

And you can just not farcast. Especially with the pjer threat.

[hide=]

That is so ignorant. Mage is BY FAR the most powerful skill in the combat triangle.

I agree completely with you! I'm sick of mages hitting 75s or four hits at once and then picking up their ammo, while melee and range can only hit 34-ish max and can't pick up their ammo. It's ridiculous, and your insight makes me think Jagex should make you PvP King.

:roll: :wall: -.-

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=777299

clip0034.gif

82ne2xy.gif

[/hide]

I think you missed one of the main points, look at the two pictures. The target cannot move.

So tell me what good are AGS and Claws if they cant hit your target because you are frozen?

Before you reply, I'd also like to cover 2 points regarding the statement above.

#1) Yes, the melee'er could just put on D'hide, block all mage attacks, and use a melee weapon. That's called hybridizing (Hybriding). You cannot compare a hybrid to a 100% mage, as Hybrid is a combination of two skills, not just one. If the target hybrids, the mage better be hybriding too. Only people who don't understand the triangle bring one combat type into battle and expect it to be successful on everything.

#2) Rushing is an inaccurate comparison of how powerful a combat type is. If you rush with Mage/Range/Melee, it dosen't matter. Rushing always has the element of supprise and thus has an advantage over the target. Most Rushers are hybrids anyways, so they cannot even be put in a triangle classification.

That being said, sure mage could be improved with things like putting runes inside stave's and auto casting all combat spells, but magic is certainly not a "weak" skill. It is on par with both of the others, just in different ways.

You are wrong. Mage is not on par with melee and range. Mage completely dominates melee and range, and should have been nerfed a long, long time ago. It can freeze, poison, heal you, drain stats, cut attack speed in half, and hit up to 62 with a degree of accuracy that meleers or rangers can only dream of.

I thought mage max hit was 30 with ice barrage? #-o

Miasmic barrage+ice barrage combo; both hits appear at the same time doing up to 62 damage in a fraction of a second.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Without even miasmic? Lol, mage is even better than I thought it was.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: