good, trusted merchanting clan?

death_grip

Merch Clans fail, don't join one.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

In my opinion none of them should be trusted, the people who lead them dump items early to maximise their profit. Some clans decide to dump items too...

Just go to W2, and go to the grand exchange.

People macro the names of merchanting clans all over the place, so much so that i can remember some of the names.

Don't do it.

But to answer your question...

Smokin Mils

2Lum

Gp merch

gp merching

milz2bilz

gold merch

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I know 4 people have said this, but there are serious risks with Merching in a clan. If you insist to do it, good luck for you. I hope you dont get owned.

People either:

1. Load all their junk into the ge so people buy it.

2. Tell you to buy everything so the price rises and then they/some other people load it in a day before you were planning to.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

:thumbdown:

That's the most sensical thing anyone except me has said today!

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Don't forget Chessy and her massing armies!

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

trusted merchanting

This is a good example of an oxymoron.

No no you have it all wrong. Icy hot is the best example :P so merching clans always have a leader that gets the most profit. Just don't join one. You might lose money too. NEVER TRUST ANYONE ON RUNESCAPE.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

The only merch clan you can trust is the one you make #-o

(But seriously, you're better off doing other things)

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I haven't kept in touch with too many things Runescape lately, but as I log on I saw this post and was pretty intrigued. Duke Freedom and I started a merchanting clan a few years ago but back then there wasn't really much of an interest for one and after a year or so we decided to disband it. What I'm wondering is how and when these clans came to be, and how is the game different now that it's more conducive to these clans? I can guess that because of the economic restrictions in order to manipulate the market now you have to instead do it on a larger scale? Can anyone give me a brief history of how these clans came to be?

I haven't kept in touch with too many things Runescape lately, but as I log on I saw this post and was pretty intrigued. Duke Freedom and I started a merchanting clan a few years ago but back then there wasn't really much of an interest for one and after a year or so we decided to disband it. What I'm wondering is how and when these clans came to be, and how is the game different now that it's more conducive to these clans? I can guess that because of the economic restrictions in order to manipulate the market now you have to instead do it on a larger scale? Can anyone give me a brief history of how these clans came to be?

Basically, a bunch of people join a clan chat, the generals choose an item that is in high demand to be merched and tell everyone in the clan to buy it up thus causing the price of the item to skyrocket thanks to the ge. Once it gets high enough the generals and other higher ranked people in the clan will dump the mass amount of items they bought before telling everyone else. So they pretty much just use people as pawns to drive the price up for their own benefit and usually sell without telling a lot of the other people who bought out the item. Almost all are not to be trusted.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Basically, a bunch of people join a clan chat, the generals choose an item that is in high demand to be merched and tell everyone in the clan to buy it up thus causing the price of the item to skyrocket thanks to the ge. Once it gets high enough the generals and other higher ranked people in the clan will dump the mass amount of items they bought before telling everyone else. So they pretty much just use people as pawns to drive the price up for their own benefit and usually sell without telling a lot of the other people who bought out the item. Almost all are not to be trusted.

I've also seen leaders who will stock up, put in GE, then tell everyone to buy max, usually getting their things sold for max, giving them even more profit.

This is one of the social things in Runescape that I would say to avoid. ::'

Although its true that people dump without telling other people, its not like the gens and leaders plot it out so its some kind of secret master plan. Almost everyone dumps early, regardless of whether they are leaders or not, you would be pretty silly not to. I don't really think they are worth the trouble tbh.