green9090

Ourg Bones? Are you KIDDING?

To everyone freaking out: ourg bones won't be a decent training alternative until their price drops below 4685 gp, at which point they'll only be equal to dragon bones. I really doubt the price will decrease by 11k (2/3). :roll:

To everyone freaking out: ourg bones won't be a decent training alternative until their price drops below 4685 gp, at which point they'll only be equal to dragon bones. I really doubt the price will decrease by 11k (2/3). :roll:

It might, other items have fallen that much before, such as whips, d boots, guthans, etc.

You have to keep in mind that the bones will also halve the time you spend running to and from the altar. With that in mind, they should become viable for ultra rich people who want 99 pray NOW at like 8-10k, perhaps higher. Dagganoth bones hold their value, and they are MUCH MUCH lower exp/gp than dragon bones.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Did they really change it that long ago? Damn, now I wanna train summoning again...

Yeah, I want it for that banking feature so much. And 30 items ... how can you go wrong? xD

Though, for stackables and noted items, it only banks 1 with the scroll.

As for the above, dagannoth bones are 2x the cost of each prayer exp than dragon bones are. Yet you get that exp 1.75x faster or something like that. Idk, but its for the rich people that just want the level fast.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Cheese for your whine?

They won't be 15k for long.

Instead feel sorry for those that bothered with the Zogres.

They are the ones who are losing out.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You have to keep in mind that the bones will also halve the time you spend running to and from the altar. With that in mind, they should become viable for ultra rich people who want 99 pray NOW at like 8-10k, perhaps higher. Dagganoth bones hold their value, and they are MUCH MUCH lower exp/gp than dragon bones.

At current prices, these bones are more than 3x the cost for less than 2x the xp. Also, since these bones are competing with dragon and dagganoth bones, even if their price decreases, the other bone prices will too. If anything, all this update will do is lower bone prices across the board, while keeping dragon or dagganoth bones as the best way to train.

I agree, Ourg bones should not be released like this.

15K...100%....

That will make more players go to Bandos (Isn't it crowded as it is?), and it will possible ruin Solo worlds for soloers. LS worlds are already ruined.

15K 100%+A potential big rare drop or a small rare.

For us high levels with knowledge and knows how wrecked up Bandos GWD...THIS IS BAD. I soloed/duo in non LS worlds, but this will make it worse.

The 15k price tag is not likely to stay for long.

In terms of training prayer, 15k per bone is simply not something most buyers would go for except the super-impatient-super-rich.

It is expected to see the bones settle down around 5-7k or so, appropriate with the GP/XP as dragon bones, but considering the majority of bones will not be banked, there is far to few a supply of these to have a great impact on the bone market.

Big teams might take home only 10-20 bones per 100+ kills. Smaller teams might just bring a few back per trip. Either way, while the general is killed many thousand times a day, few of those kills are actually going to make it to GE. Unlike dragons which get many thousands of bones banked every day.

The only people who *greatly* benefit from this are duo/solo'ers. So the ONLY increase I would see in terms of population killing Bandos are duo/solo teams. This might make maybe 60k+ more profit for larger teams per trip, but that is not enough to make people say omfgmustdobandos.

Also, it could make a *small* dent in dragon bones due to people burying all the bone drops, but I doubt the buying xp would be enough to kill the dragon bone market.

dawnsigblue-3.png

If this is your only complaint, I'd say Jagex didn't do to bad today.

Yup, instead of the MAIN update failing, they just managed to make a thoughtless addition that unbalanced GWD. Meh, I've seen worse.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but while we are on the topic of him, is there any slayer task that offers the black mask/slayer helm bonus?

Nope.

You mean the oversight that was fixed in an hour tops? You realize that games like WoW get shut down from a few hours to an entire day EVERY SINGLE TUESDAY, and they still have bugs? Quit whining and enjoy the fact that our updates take 10 minutes and anything wrong that affects game play gets taken care of immediately, instead of the next week.

Torlen.png

I just looked in the G E and saw that these new Ourg Bones have a different picture. Are we sure that they give the exact same amount of XP?

2dgucz6.png

Yes they do, they have a new picture because they are freshly...er "dropped", and are not the ceremoniously prepared ones in sacred grounds. I think they should give a bit less than the old ones though, since they didn't get ritually prepared.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I just looked in the G E and saw that these new Ourg Bones have a different picture. Are we sure that they give the exact same amount of XP?
They do, it's been tested and confirmed. New picture, new examine, everything else the same.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Eventhough I hate "+1" posts, it's all what I have to say to this.

+1.

;)

But I seriously think this was a terrible idea. Sure, it is realistic, but I just calculated it, Graardor is killed ~100,000 times per day. :|

100,000 times per day? That's...

4,000 times an hour

70 times per minute.

Yea, I think you pulled that out of your [wagon].

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You mean the oversight that was fixed in an hour tops?

Um, nope, I mean the oversight this thread is about (easiest GWD boss gets good 100% drop, harder bosses ignored completely). What oversight are YOU talking about?

4,000 times an hour

70 times per minute.

Bandos kills don't take much longer than a minute.

There are a lot of worlds, and at least all the lootshare ones are constantly packed.

70 times a minute makes perfect sense to me.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

There are 22 ls worlds. I would say, on average, its 30 seconds-1 minute to kill him, and 2 minutes to respawn. So, with kills being 2:30 each, you're getting about 24 kills/hr. So, 24 kills an hour, over 22 ls worlds is 528 kills/hr, or 12,672/day.

I have no idea about soloers or teams on non ls worlds, but I would say the vast majority of bandos kills are done in ls teams. So 15k kills/day seems a lot more reasonable to me.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I would say the vast majority of bandos kills are done in ls teams.

Go to GWD at a peak time and look at Bandos on some non-LS worlds. He is fairly crowded on every single world.

There are a lot of worlds, and at least all the lootshare ones are constantly packed.

I don't see how that number could make sense... it is impossible. How fast you can kill General Graardor in this case is entirely irrelevant. Now I am not 100% sure on the spawn times for him (it also fluctuates depending on number of people on the server), but I know Commander Zilyana takes a bit under 2 minutes or so to spawn. Using that as a basis, we can assume Graardor takes at least 90 seconds to spawn each kill.

There is 86,400 seconds in a day, which is 86,400 per server. With 81 (might have miscounted, but should be close) members servers, that is 6,998,400 seconds per day across all servers where Graardor can be killed. Getting 100,000 kills a day would require that on each server he be killed on average every 69.984 seconds (including spawn time) Since it takes 90 seconds to spawn, 100,000 is impossible. Add in that per server Graardor won't be getting killed all the time, not all worlds are lootshare so some worlds may not be in use. For those who solo/duo or such, the kill rate would be a lot less compared to a larger team. It comes down to averaging over two minutes per kill and not all servers being used. So it would be maybe 50,000 or less kills a day.

Of all of those kills, only a fraction of the bones would end up getting banked anyway.

ydrasil.png

well, atleast now you only need to get a few bone drops to pay for a trip :thumbup: and for long term team gwd'ers this will add up to quite a bit of extra money or pray exp

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I think the update is pretty good out of a money making perspective. Now atleast i wont loose as much money on Bandos as i have before. I might have a few problems finding an empty world though and even if i do find an empty one i will most likely have to put up with leachers the whole time. I'm not saying its a bad update i'm just saying that Jagex will have to come up with some way to make it more "non-leacher" friendely. I already had trouble with leachers before update. This is going to be very annoying. Bones won't stay stable. Going to be like D claws and D late...Crash. Might settle at 5k or 6k. Wont go any lower because then there would be a craze to raise prayer cheap. Anyway, all in all its a decent update but i just get the feeling JAgex didnt think it through 100%...as always

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Wow, an Ourg now drops ourg bones? Are you KIDDING? Why would that happen? Is there any possible explanation for that? Oh, wait, there is...

Your actual point seems to be that the other GWD bosses should have an update as well. Why? Do we have Icyene bones already in the game? Do we have Aviansie bones? For K'ril Tsutsaroth, that's just silly. Demons don't drop bones. :thumbdown:

Grognarklu Snargle Ungle'Bla.

Even though he starts dropping his own kinds bones. It doesn't really matter. If I remember right, these bones don't sell in ge. Atleast not a few weeks back when I had fun at the zogres south of cw.

You mean the oversight that was fixed in an hour tops?

Um, nope, I mean the oversight this thread is about (easiest GWD boss gets good 100% drop, harder bosses ignored completely). What oversight are YOU talking about?

4,000 times an hour

70 times per minute.

You very specifically said the MAIN update. That being bounty hunter, which wasn't quite working the first hour of release. I suppose you could think Ourg bones were the main update, but then you have a very skewed perception of the world.

Typically the title of the update is the main one, not something hidden at the bottom ;)

Not only that, but your point is pretty moot if you think Graador dies 70 times a minute all day long. It can't be any more populated, and people who go to god wars aren't there to make 15k. I'm still going to hit up kreea or zilly everytime I go, not worry about an extra 15k per trip.

Torlen.png

You very specifically said the MAIN update. That being bounty hunter, which wasn't quite working the first hour of release. I suppose you could think Ourg bones were the main update, but then you have a very skewed perception of the world.

Typically the title of the update is the main one, not something hidden at the bottom ;)

Not only that, but your point is pretty moot if you think Graador dies 70 times a minute all day long. It can't be any more populated, and people who go to god wars aren't there to make 15k. I'm still going to hit up kreea or zilly everytime I go, not worry about an extra 15k per trip.

What I actually said was

Yup, instead of the MAIN update failing, they just managed to make a thoughtless addition that unbalanced GWD.

INSTEAD OF THE MAIN UPDATE FAILING. Meaning the main update did not fail, and something else did in its stead.

Wow, an Ourg now drops ourg bones? Are you KIDDING? Why would that happen? Is there any possible explanation for that? Oh, wait, there is...

Your actual point seems to be that the other GWD bosses should have an update as well. Why? Do we have Icyene bones already in the game? Do we have Aviansie bones? For K'ril Tsutsaroth, that's just silly. Demons don't drop bones. :thumbdown:

A typical answer for a low level player who probably has never been to GWD. I've soloed over 1k graardors, which would have meant 1000+ ourg bones. Even if they weren't 15, I still have missed out on tons of money/prayer xp.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6