Ah... Pking

Now, I'm usually one of those people that are against pking, saying that the updates removing the wilderness didn't bother me at all. But with the recent update bringing PvP back into the spotlight of RuneScape, I decided... Sure... what the hell, I'll go try to get some kills.

So I made my way out into the wilderness, and I found a group of higher levels that I thought surely I could get a good DM out of one of them. While standing there, a level 122 starts attacking me (I'm a 119). So we start fighting, I come out of the gate hitting a few 20's, and get him low on health. He eats his way back up, and we get about even again. Then when I get low on health and eat, he calls me a safer. I just shrugged it off because I know that it's just another insult from immature kids when they're losing. Then once again, I gain the upper hand and he eats back to higher health, and I get low. Of course I eat and get called a safer again. After he realized that he probably wasn't going to win, he said, "Forget this safer", and ran off.

I don't know if it's just me, but people like that just make me hate PvPing. If you're winning, you're a noob, if they're winning, you're a noob. I know people are going to come in here and say, it's part of pking, or deal with it... But if you're going to say that, don't post at all. I doubt I go back into the wild for more PvPing, just for the fact that I'd rather not waste my time eating half my food then have someone run away from me.

I'd like to hear why you think Pking is amazing like everyone says it is, or on the other hand, why you stay out of the wilderness.

pongr.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chat filters.

Really.

Or just call them safer back. Only insult other PKers when provoked.

That's not the point. I dont really care if someone has to insult everything I do, it was just a nicer environment before, it was nice to talk to people and have conversations. Now if you try to converse with someone you get some dumb response.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Ignore list? And what do you mean it "used" to be a nice environment? I made my first account in the summer of 2004 and I've never known many pkers to be polite people, if you're talking about before then then you need to get over it...

quit

Turn chat off while you pk and you'll have a great time. I personally love the new PvP worlds. It's about the only time that I've really pk'd. I appreciate the fact that I can avoid having lvl 124's crawling all over my back thinking they're godly for pking a lvl 107. Now I can have some fair fights and they can't easily teleport. I'm up 4.4M so far today from a couple hours of Bounty Worlds. I truely consider this a step in the right direction for PvP. :thumbsup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Turn chat off while you pk and you'll have a great time. I personally love the new PvP worlds. It's about the only time that I've really pk'd. I appreciate the fact that I can avoid having lvl 124's crawling all over my back thinking they're godly for pking a lvl 107. Now I can have some fair fights and they can't easily teleport. I'm up 4.4M so far today from a couple hours of Bounty Worlds. I truely consider this a step in the right direction for PvP. :thumbsup:

=D> Nice. I was just about to say...

When you fight, you don't always have to know what the hell the other guy is saying.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Ignore list? And what do you mean it "used" to be a nice environment? I made my first account in the summer of 2004 and I've never known many pkers to be polite people, if you're talking about before then then you need to get over it...

Chat filter works better than ignoring every stupid person fyi, so no. It actually was around 2005-2006 and before that that pking was enjoyable because of the people, there's nothing to get over, I understand that the games always going to be changing I was simply contributing my two cents, thanks. If you didn't know many to be polite then you most likely weren't near the wild much or did something to provoke them. Or maybe you've just completely forgotten how nice it actually was because most pkers today are morons.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Being called a safer depends on how much you eat.

If you eat excessively then you will probably be called a safer.

I.E. You get a near death hit inflicted on you then you eat like 4 or 5 lobsters/swordfish that is considered safeing.(non-member)

BUT I hate the people that call people safers when they aren't safeing because they are ruining the image of the pker.

Remember kids: Always say your sorry if you accidentally safe

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

or, you know, just fight to win and ignore whatever the other person thinks

doesn't matter what they think if they're dead, hell if they run because you're "safing" just whip out a ranged weapon, or shoot off an ensnare and go to town.

The best part about them running away is that they can't fight back

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

That's rubbish. For a start, I'm not a kid. Secondly, there is no honour in pking. You fight to win and if that means praying to hit harder/defend better or eating to heal then that's what i'll do. I'm not gonna die for the sake of it when I could win by eating and if you wanna flame me for it then that's fine by me. If you want to put rules on what you can/can't do in a fight then go to the duel arena.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ah the jois of being called a noob when you kill you target. I'm quite excited about this new Update. I wasn't around when the old Wildy was here so i have no idea how that was but this new PvP system seems like a good update. Ill be sure to try it out soon.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I love seeing threads discussing how much others choices in gameplay should magically apply to every other player in RS.

Getting hit once and eating immediately is excessive for most but why flame the person for it. They may be eating and wasting 2hp health or so, after an average inventory they have wasted 40 hp or so. Sounds imo like an easier kill. Teleblock/Bind their [wagon] and you have yourself filet mignon.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I love seeing threads discussing how much others choices in gameplay should magically apply to every other player in RS.

Getting hit once and eating immediately is excessive for most but why flame the person for it. They may be eating and wasting 2hp health or so, after an average inventory they have wasted 40 hp or so. Sounds imo like an easier kill. Teleblock/Bind their [wagon] and you have yourself filet mignon.

Exactly. Everytime he eats while still having high HP he skippes a turn which allows you to get in one more hit than he does. This way he allows you to have the upper hand because he is to occupied by eating. I love getting "safers", easiest people to kill. Snare + Teleblock when he is on low hp and you have a certain kill.

GF

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

I kind of have the same problem as the first post, but it happens all the time and I only get called a noob. :P

They either run because im eating.

They run because I wont take my armor off to "no arm" them.

They run because they are about to die.

The most sad part is, I have had 1 itemers run from me because I wasnt doing something right. :lol:

I kind of have the same problem as the first post, but it happens all the time and I only get called a noob. :P

The most sad part is, I have had 1 itemers run from me because I wasnt doing something right. :lol:

Rofl. "You know you're a bad pker when....1 itemers run from you"

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

As true as it is said..... wait a minute!

[hide=]Yeah, im no good at edge pking. :lol:[/hide]

As true as it is said..... wait a minute!

[hide=]Yeah, im no good at edge pking. :lol:[/hide]

Meh, Pking is not about being good or bad, its about havig luck. Luck of a high hit, luck of getting 0's hit on you. I've seen level 120's beat lvl 130's. Not because of skill, just because of luck.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

First it was pile-jumpers, than it used to be "weakeners" that were picked on by the general population. Now its safers, and soon we will move on to a new thingy that everyone will hate.. So the question is, are you gonna let yourself be all petty and bothered over it?

First it was pile-jumpers, than it used to be "weakeners" that were picked on by the general population. Now its safers, and soon we will move on to a new thingy that everyone will hate.. So the question is, are you gonna let yourself be all petty and bothered over it?

Meh, i'm not much of a PK'er. I won't relly bother with all of that. On the rare occasion that i do decide to PK i won't be bothered by some idiot calling me a "noob" when i'm beating him.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide