Ah... Pking

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion on this:

**** the code. I'll PK any way I damn well please, and if you can't handle me hitting crazy on your defense, then get the hell out of the Wilderness.

Look, the reason I hate PKing is because players always think they can make up rules and stuff to "keep it fair". It's kill or be killed out there. Why can't anyone respect that?

Exactly - everyone has their own opinion on how to PK, which is fine. Just don't complain when people leave fights if you safe, tag, pj etc. If you are 'dishonorable' then expect people to pj/tag on you too. What goes around comes aorund.

I pk the ol fashioned way - alone at edge. I ignore those who want to 'team', and make a mental note to slay them next chance I get. I don't get mad at those who pj/tag etc, but I do find myself wishing unkind things would happen to them.

There is no 'code', just a 'wouldn't it be great if all pkers pk'd like me' mentality. Fortunately not everyone thinks like me *shudder at the thought*

They're concerned with how you pk because they want an easy kill. That's why they make up so called "rules", and then criticize you when you don't let yourself get slaughtered without fighting back.

You have no idea what your talking about. The honor rules are there so two people get an even fight, real honor pkers rather have a good even fight and die than a fight were the guy prays ect and they kill him.

They're concerned with how you pk because they want an easy kill. That's why they make up so called "rules", and then criticize you when you don't let yourself get slaughtered without fighting back.

You have no idea what your talking about. The honor rules are there so two people get an even fight, real honor pkers rather have a good even fight and die than a fight were the guy prays ect and they kill him.

If you want an even fight, go to the duel arena. PK'ing is set up so you can run, eat, pray, farcast and all that nasty stuff. And I'll damn well use that in my favour.

Sure, if two people decide to do an "honour" fight, all fine. But this so called "honour code" is mostly abused by the numerous [developmentally delayed]ed pk'ers that inhabit the PvP worlds.

If you want an even fight, go to the duel arena. PK'ing is set up so you can run, eat, pray, farcast and all that nasty stuff. And I'll damn well use that in my favour.

Sure, if two people decide to do an "honour" fight, all fine. But this so called "honour code" is mostly abused by the numerous [developmentally delayed] pk'ers that inhabit the PvP worlds.

All i have toi say to this is.... AMEN!

"Honour Fight" or "Honout Rules" are the excuses some of the people use to get an easy win, to escape a certain death (ie. youre safing so i'm running), etc. The whole PK thing has become a joke. Sure there are still players who do it in a decent way (by decent i mean they dont give a damn about "honour rules") but they are few.

Oh let us just revise the meaning of "bounty hunter". To my knowledge bountyhunters track their target and kill it by whichever means they must, just as long as they kill the guy to get the loot. I wonder if the GodFather ever called his victims Safers, Runnernoobs or even Prayer Noobs when they did not give him a "fair fight".

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Sure, if two people decide to do an "honour" fight, all fine. But this so called "honour code" is mostly abused by the numerous [developmentally delayed] pk'ers that inhabit the PvP worlds.

I was about to post something similar.

I can't agree more, if you have an advantage then use it.

The "rules" are there to make it easier or fairer for people to win, its a fight it should be gritty and painful.

Another reason is that pures are not thinking in the same dimensions as they used to. Before they used every trick in the book to get the upper hand, now theres a mass amount of just one style pures.

Anyway I fancy winding some people up so its time to fill up a war tort with food and break the "rules".

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You're in a PvP environment. That means everyone around you is your enemy, and by definition, interacting with enemies is not as nice as interacting with friends.

I see enough idiocy in normal worlds, thanks. I don't need to go to PvP worlds to see it.

Grognarklu Snargle Ungle'Bla.

I never pk just because of I don't find it worth it. I'm good at what I'm doing and it's much safer than running around the world and risked getting killed all the time. I earn a lot more money and it is also much easier to train skills for me. Also, I like doing quests and soloving the puzzles within the game. This is much harder in the PvP worlds of logical reasons.

However, I do understand those who PK. It's a thrill with the risks. I'm just saying that I'm used to playing peacefully and am much better at that. That's why I keep away from PvP worlds.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

You're in a PvP environment. That means everyone around you is your enemy, and by definition, interacting with enemies is not as nice as interacting with friends.

I see enough idiocy in normal worlds, thanks. I don't need to go to PvP worlds to see it.

Actually, I've had some decent convos during the time spent trying to destroy each other thoroughly. Sure, you can be underhanded in every respect because that's what is expected of you, but there's nothing wrong with civil banter.

8f14270694.jpg

From my observations; I believe many pk'ers go under the stereotype that "If they eat to full HP, they are likely to run away when out of food". Many pk'ers simply don't want to deal with this, so they will start making remarks or leave combat if you eat to full health, because they assume you have a 0% chance to die unless you disconnect.

Now, is this stereotype right? No, I don't believe so, as not all "safers" run.

The thing about edge pk'ing is that you will always have runners since its so close to the exit.

You find as you go farther north, people stop caring about "pk rules" and fight for survival. If this is what you seek, then you might want to consider moving away from the "dueling crowd" in Edgeville.

Should anyone tell you how to fight? Defiantly not. Each player has their own unique fighting style (which is what makes pk'ing so intresting). Having you conform to everyone else would make the fights all the same and boring.

My Advice: If you have a problem with "safers", "runners", or "people telling you how to fight", go farther north. If you don't then stay at Edgevilles foothills. This is not like the old wilderness where you can get your torso/void back, so there's no excuse to stay in level's 1-5 wilderness unless you plan to run away.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Ya, I'm getting really tired of it too.

On my initiate pure today, I got my target, and asked him to fight, and he refused to. As soon as I got into another fight, I'm instantly pjed by my target, who is farcasting me with ancients (freezing me), while ranging me with d darts, and with protect from melee on. So, seeing as im in full intiate, I obviously put on mage protect and run out of the wild. Of course, he comes up to me and starts calling me a noob for praying and for running, and then when I say that he did the same exact thing, he just doesn't reply. Anyways, this happened every fight I was in for about the next 3 fights. Finally, he says he'll fight me, and I tell him flat out that if he mages/prays, I'm going to leave instantly. So he says that we need to go to a spot with no pjers, leads me out into high wild, puts on melee protect and starts farcasting me. When I put on mage pray and start running he starts calling me sad. -.- God I hate these kids.

I'm not surprised, your a main skiller, have you ever pked before?

All I see is mains saying the honour system is an excuse for pures to get pks.

This might be true if your talking about those 12 year old pures who have no idea what there doing. There is the same catagory as those idiots who cry safer every time someone eats.

This might be true if your talking about those 12 year old pures who have no idea what there doing. There is the same catagory as those idiots who cry safer every time someone eats.

So you have a pure with maxed strength and magic, but 1 prayer and 1 summoning. You have 70 prayer, 67 summoning and clear 80 melee, range and magic stats.

So you have 18 more item of food as well as the ability to half the damage you are going to take and yet according to the unofficial rules if you eat your extra food your a "safer" and if you pray your a "prayer noob", both of which make fight "unfair".

How the hell is it unfair?

I don't see any pures dropping the strength, magic, range or attack levels to match a mains, so why should a main lose his/her prayer and/or summoning advantages?

The honor code or Pk'ing rules are there to discourage non-pures from using the abilities which pures by definition don't have.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I went f2p pking today. Had range+2h(or b axe) combo out + 26k (I would save axe, wouldn't be 26k+, out of niceness).

I dm a guy, he runs when low. Calls me a safer cause I ate above 30(reasonble right?)>

2nd Dm, some guy was in monks, asked for no arm. I fight him without saying nothing, he runs out eventually. He comes back in full rune(kinda unfair, but whatever). I fight him, I lose. Nothing big to me.

3rd Dm I fight a guy, I ko him with a 16-21. He dropped a steel helm. He protected his 2h so I didn't get a real drop.

I left after that. So much bull in pvp.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

You guys seem to be surprised by human nature to want to demoralize opponents. If they can get you to leave before them then they won't feel like a loser, but it's just as fine for them to leave. You just have to let it go like most people who don't cry about being called a name, or strike back with a better insult. This shouldn't be new to you guys unless your homeschooled, and you've never been in a school fight. :P

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I personally don't PK. I am interested in the PK world though. I like to watch fights and hang out at such places.

It's a fact that the "honour code" is abused by people that fail to pk properly. The beauty of the pk system in my opinion is that it allows you to use various cunning techniques to escape death, or to get your kill. If you want boring straightforward, luck based games, then go to the duel arena and base your rules on the fight you want.

If someone PK's and uses the various options Jagex provides, then that person is simply being smart to use the game's aspects to its full potential. People calling someone else a safer or whatever, without both players consenting in an honour fight is just pathetic. And *that* is what I see happening.

Like I said before, the honour system is all fine. But a lot of people demand their opponent to obey that particular set of rules in order to get themselves an advantage in a fight.

When I PK (I'll certainly be doing in anytime soon), I'll be using all possible ways to prevent myself from getting killed, and use all options in order to get the kill as fast and easy as possible. I'll PK as the biggest scumbag ever to roam the PvP worlds. Because that is what it's all about. Defeating, killing your opponent, with the options provided by the game engine. It's player versus player. And that's how I'll treat my fellow PvP'er.

Remember kids: Always say your sorry if you accidentally safe
That's rubbish. For a start, I'm not a kid. Secondly, there is no honour in pking. You fight to win and if that means praying to hit harder/defend better or eating to heal then that's what i'll do. I'm not gonna die for the sake of it when I could win by eating and if you wanna flame me for it then that's fine by me. If you want to put rules on what you can/can't do in a fight then go to the duel arena.

You sir are a hero.

Its people like you i want to mindlessly pj and 1-item with =)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

[hide=Official rules of Pking]OFFICIAL RULES OF PEE-KAYING

1. Make sure you call the other person a noob, it will boost your e-rep and make you look older than 7.

2. Make sure to insult the other guy if they hit big. If your insult is good enough, the other person just might bow his head in shame and let you kill him.

3. All people in the internet is male. Girls are just a figment of your imagination.

4. If you see someone eat, they are officially a noob for using a strategy built into the game by developers.

5. If someone is higher combat than you, said person is a no lifer.

6. If someone is lower combat than you, said person a noob

7. If someone is the same combat as you, said person is a noob because you are obviously at the center of the universe and no one can possibly match your e-proness.

8. If someone is beating you, call them a noob to distract them and run away, if you are fast enough noone will see and your e-rep will stay intact

9. Strength is the only skill within the game. Anyone that trains defense is an automatic noob.

10. You are the center of the universe, there is absolutely no one better or more intelligent than you because everyone around you is n00bz0rzzzzzzzzzz.[/hide]

That about sums it up.

120dgl.jpg

1. Make sure you call the other person a noob, it will boost your e-rep and make you look older than 7.

2. Make sure to insult the other guy if they hit big. If your insult is good enough, the other person just might bow his head in shame and let you kill him.

3. All people in the internet is male. Girls are just a figment of your imagination.

4. If you see someone eat, they are officially a noob for using a strategy built into the game by developers.

7. If someone is the same combat as you, said person is a noob because you are obviously at the center of the universe and no one can possibly match your e-proness.

8. If someone is beating you, call them a noob to distract them and run away, if you are fast enough noone will see and your e-rep will stay intact

9. Strength is the only skill within the game. Anyone that trains defense is an automatic noob.

10. You are the center of the universe, there is absolutely no one better or more intelligent than you because everyone around you is n00bz0rzzzzzzzzzz.[/hide]

That about sums it up.

:lol:

Although you spelt "prowess' wrong in e-prowess

That about sums it up.

WHAHAHAHA :lol:

Spot on!!!

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I love how it has been logically proved thousands of times on the forums about how silly PKing rules are, yet it will still always be extremely prevalent amongst PVP areas.

I find PKing more fun at lower levels, honestly. By that I mean in low lvl wilderness with a moderately low lvl account. It makes me take things a little less serious.

I'm not overly thrilled with the new system. Not saying it's bad... I just don't have much interest in it. Took my mage to Fist of Guthix today though and was slightly surprised by how it did. So I might just take it out PKing. Not sure how profitable it'll be, but when I have the time, and my combat robe set recharged... I just might give it a go.

I also find going after low levels decreases the chances of them running or running and not managing to get away in time. Might be one of the reasons why I'm more comfortable with it. If I'm there... I'm there for the kill. Not to nearly have them red barred and safe, only to be called a name. If I want to be called a name... I want it to be called to me as they die or in a PM after they die. :lol:

And the so called Honor Code is rubbish. Half the people that swear by it probably don't even fully exercise it. They're like pirates with the "Pirate Code"... the code applies when they want to apply it... otherwise it's just guidelines.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

its because of idiots like this that the only time i pk in rune, whip etc is dm's with friends. otherwise i do nohonour with ahrims and such where noone cares if you safe

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Took my mage to Fist of Guthix today though and was slightly surprised by how it did. So I might just take it out PKing. Not sure how profitable it'll be, but when I have the time, and my combat robe set recharged... I just might give it a go.

In fist of guthix, as the hunter you are stronger and the hunted is weaker, and these things increase if you come near the center, so fist of guthix gives you a feeling of "being good" while that only lasts withing the minigame.

So don't expect the same results when you go pking ;)