Jagex gives banned accounts a 2nd chance.

runevault

We are talking about runescape accounts here not convicted child rapists. Everyone (and i mean everyone) as far as i am concerned deserves a second chance at this game.

I was under the impression that that's what the last chance system, already in place, was for.

:thumbup:

Oh and yes this is only a game but scamming people is not only agains RS rules but it is punishable by law in most countries now. Virtual theft is a crime.....

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done stupid things on the internet and got myself banned from a forum for a whole year, for silly childish getting carried away with stuff... I did that year and got let back. People deserve a second chance or they'll make a new account and do even more stupid stuff to 'get back at the system' and just cause even more problems... yeah I've done that too :wall:

People are idiots, they do stupid things but they can also learn from their mistakes.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

If someone could put "blood argon" on the names list, it would be much appreciated

Think we've forgotten? :roll: :lol:

Was kinda counting on it.

Ah well. They denied it the first time. Maybe they'll forget too.

Atleast Im famous :thumbsup:

Get out. Now.

Still digging up quotes?

=D> Im still learning

Though in the form of Java IM clients, and various networking programs. So don't worry, Im not ruining your precious game and its precious economy anymore ::'

I actually had an account unbanned through this... I was banned for the name, and unbanned just a few hours after posting in the thread.

By the way, this has been around for months.

lalalasig2.png

There are so many flawed arguments out there. How is it not right to give people a second chance.

Of course it's the ethical thing to do. But the current system gives up to 20 second chances, depending on the offense, and you always get at least 1. :thumbup:

Your basically claiming that you are the perfect player who never makes a single mistake. No one is perfect.

Sure I'm not perfect, but I have no blackmarks. That either means I'm outstandingly good, or just don't get caught the few times I am bad :P

This system is not going to suddenly unban players who broke the more serious rules. It will remove blackmarks from plays who broke petty rules and thus they do deserve a second chance.

It never says that. It says it will give all players who are perm banned/muted a second chance unless they abused a bug, real world traded, or haven't used their appeal. If someone broke a petty rule and got banned, chances are they did something similar before. If you cursed your head off at someone and got 8 blackmarks, that means you aren't banned. That just means you have 8 blackmarks. So there's your second chance. If you keep cursing, no matter how light, you are ignoring the previous warning.

I can't believe the arrogance of some players who are against this system. When people break the law in real life, they go to prison, serve their punishment and are then released. The more serious rule breakers stay locked up for a longer amount of time, even up to life. But those that broke petty rules will be released once more.

Unless of course, you're a certain Ponzi schemer with 150 years left.

Point being that second chances have been given, and those who are banned have gotten them.

I like to think that in a game, people do learn from their mistakes as they mature more. I am astonished that a small band of players think that just because you have a blackmark, it means that you should be almost like an "outcast" for the rest of your gaming career.

1) People don't learn from their mistakes. Go to f2p PvP and you'll be convinced.

2) Blackmarks don't mark you as an outcast. No one even sees them ingame. It's just there to warn you how close you are to getting a perm ban/mute.

It's almost as if some players believe that because they are good, they deserve to be rewarded and they have the moral high ground over those minor rule breakers. I disagree with that. I think everyone deserves a second chance. No one has the right to say other players don't have that right.

The good should be rewarded, the bad should be punished. The bad should be banned, and the good will not, which is reward enough. The thing is, people aren't angry that they want them banned. They are angry because they have been given second chances, ignored them, got banned, and now get ANOTHER chance. If someone can't learn after they are forgiven, then honestly I don't think they ever will. You never get a full 10 blackmarks from 0, unless you rwt or bug abuse. That means if you are banned (except for the above 2 reasons), you have had blackmarks beforehand. That means you committed an offense, got caught, and were punished. But you're still in the game. Second chance enough?

If someone could put "blood argon" on the names list, it would be much appreciated

No, you're confused, you're infamous.

sigh.png

Still digging up quotes?

=D> Im still learning

Though in the form of Java IM clients, and various networking programs. So don't worry, Im not ruining your precious game and its precious economy anymore ::'

Learning is good, but I disagree with your previous methodology (private servers, autoing, etc).

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

They are angry because they have been given second chances, ignored them, got banned, and now get ANOTHER chance.

That isn't a good reason to be angry about something that doesn't affect you.

1) People don't learn from their mistakes. Go to f2p PvP and you'll be convinced.

I got a black mark. After that, I wised up and never broke a rule again. Some people do learn.

I can think of serveral good players who were banned who deserve an unban from classic.

Undrtkr1 comes to mind.

Xxcavalierxx should have his stats restored.

I think what jagex is doing is very fair.

As for people saying a sin is a sin, he who be without sin cast the first stone.

*Vague Statement*

If this forum was that harsh on pasts, I sure as hell would not be an admin :-P

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Get out. Now.

Still digging up quotes?

=D> Im still learning

errrm 'scuse me, but who the hell are? you apparently your famous but ive never heard you in my 5 years of game play o__0

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Can someone post my skiller in there for me ^^ big appreciation thx.

his name Yew Tree Bot

His reason for being banned? They banned him in tutorial island. It was supposed to be my skiller.

And I have no intention of breaking anyrule. Just a cool name. They did not even provide any reason

or evidence on the bannishment. Thay said 10 marks already. From tutorial island? LoL wtf...

Well hopefully someone will help me get him back. I want to make him my skiller. And not a bot.

Can someone post my skiller in there for me ^^ big appreciation thx.

his name Yew Tree Bot

His reason for being banned? They banned him in tutorial island. It was supposed to be my skiller.

And I have no intention of breaking anyrule. Just a cool name. They did not even provide any reason

or evidence on the bannishment. Thay said 10 marks already. From tutorial island? LoL wtf...

Well hopefully someone will help me get him back. I want to make him my skiller. And not a bot.

I would check to see if he is even still banned... I just got done logging into two different five year old accounts who are now unbanned (they are both pretty pathetic even though they have like 2mill and 1mill worth respectively).

O_M_G_Guasto.png

Can someone please post this name: no_way2go

It was my first main but because I was still foolish and young I got it banned, still blame myself for it :wall:

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

... :wall: Damn Gorgoth you sure showed him, one and a half years and nothing but a few blackmarks and a mute.

Guess I suck with my 5 years across 10 accounts and not a single black mark period. :roll:

The best argument I will muster is that if in every civilized country people can appeal decisions and get re-trials, why can't we in Runescape.(Which last I checked is a freakin video Game)

You Sir, go overboard.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Heh, I actually thank Jagex.

I was one of the permanetly banned people, I said that I played Zezimas account.... just to counter a kid that said: Ha, zezima doesn't exist!

Yeah, I was dumb. I got permanetly banned.

Lol.

But, Jagex gave me a chance.

I have 10/10 black marks,but I was on a last chance.

I kept to my code not to break any of the 13 rules ever again.

I kept it for 4 years, lol.(2005)

I'm going to check it later and see if I got it erased lol, it's been 4 years since I checked it.

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

... :wall: Damn Gorgoth you sure showed him, one and a half years and nothing but a few blackmarks and a mute.

Guess I suck with my 5 years across 10 accounts and not a single black mark period. :roll:

The best argument I will muster is that if in every civilized country people can appeal decisions and get re-trials, why can't we in Runescape.(Which last I checked is a freakin video Game)

You Sir, go overboard.

I don't think i went overboard with anything. Rules are rules. If you are not willing to keep by those rules then obviously you do ot vallue what you have and therefore it should be taken away from you. You 12 year old idiots just can't seem to grasp that point. I'm sure when you grow some brains you will understand this. Life is about deciscions. If you decide to break rules then you decide to take the punch for it. You deserve to be banned. If it was for having a silly name then you still deserve it because you knew your name might be found offensive the moment you though of it.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

You Sir, go overboard.

I don't think i went overboard with anything. Rules are rules. If you are not willing to keep by those rules then obviously you do ot vallue what you have and therefore it should be taken away from you. You 12 year old idiots just can't seem to grasp that point. I'm sure when you grow some brains you will understand this. Life is about deciscions. If you decide to break rules then you decide to take the punch for it. You deserve to be banned. If it was for having a silly name then you still deserve it because you knew your name might be found offensive the moment you though of it.

Please stop attempting to incite a flame-war, I've already removed posts from here to prevent one. :thumbup:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

You Sir, go overboard.

Please stop attempting to incite a flame-war, I've already removed posts from here to prevent one. :thumbup:

Im sorry, but i am not trying to ad fuel to flame, im just trying to get a point accross. Sure this is only a game and i do realise that but its kind of anoying when people complain about being banned when they knew there was a chance of them being banned by doing what they did or acting the way they did. All bad choices have a punishment equall to the crime....

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

my main is unbanned.. i think

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I think this is a great effort on Jagex's part to help those who made dumb mistakes on their character when they were an immature player... I mean, I don't think that just banning someone is fair. I think that this new system of consideration and degrading offenses is really going to help those players who have accounts that were banned/permanently muted, etc. for something they did a long time ago.

To those who think this is a bad idea, or that Jagex is just going "soft"... I mean, they're just trying to make the game safer and a better experience for everyone. If Jagex went around banning and not looking back at those bans that were appealed, then what kind of a reputation would Jagex have as a friendly company? I wouldn't want to play a game run by a company who banned players and didn't give them a chance to redeem themselves. That's just unfair. As with almost everything Jagex has put into RuneScape, their ideas work reasonably well and are well thought out before submission to the game. I think that this new system has a lot to offer to those who've made stupid mistakes that they now regret, although only time will tell...

"Everything in moderation, including moderation." - Oscar Wilde

Snoutliz218.png

Jagex has recently posted a thread stating that they will review permanently banned runescape accounts and decide if they should have a second chance or not. If your runescape account is permanently banned, Head over to the runescape forums, and quick find this thread (103-104-3-58567982)

Quote From Jagex

Account Review Thread

Hi guys,

Once more we are opening this thread to allow our players the chance to post the name of a permanently banned/muted account, which we will then review.

Well go over these accounts with a fine comb and well see what we can do to get these accounts back into the game.

There are a few guidelines to this thread that wed very much like you to follow.

Important note

Due to the harmful nature of the following offences, accounts that have been banned because of these offences will not be returning to game.

* No account banned for Hijacking will be unbanned.

* No account banned for Bug Abuse will be unbanned.

Please be aware that you can still create a new account and enjoy the game on that, without the stigma of these offences on the account.

1. Please only post the name of your account. Theres no need to explain the circumstances surrounding your account. Were going to review every account in as much detail as we humanly can.

2. Please dont post if your account is not permenantly banned/muted. I know it may be annoying to have accounts with a few black marks, but as long as you follow the rules, you can play these accounts without hindrance. Ideally only post on this thread if your account is permanently banned/muted.

3. Please feel free to post about other peoples accounts if theres no alternative. Its great that you want to help out your friends, but it can get really confusing if we see the same name a lot of times. Encourage your friend to post here themselves and well do what we can. If your friend has no way of posting on this thread, then you may post their name. Please dont post a name that has already been posted by someone else, though. Rather than speeding things up for your friend, it actually slows us down a little bit. ;)

4. Please be patient. It can take time to review these accounts, quite a lot of time actually, so please be patient for a response. We will get to everyone eventually.

5. Please only post a maximum of 5 names at a time. Sometimes weve had people post 100+ accounts, which means that we simply cant devote the time we need to review each one. Well be able to review the 5 accounts much faster and you can repost the other accounts after the first 5 have been reviewed.

6. Make sure youve appealed your offences first.Theres no need to use this thread until your normal appeals have run out. A direct appeal is likely to be looked at faster. :)

I hope this helps. :)

= Raven =

Frequently Asked Questions

Why are my posts being hidden?

Posts are hidden so that we know which accounts have been added to our review list. No need to worry if your post has been hidden, it means that we have read it and will be reviewing it. :)

Will I get a messagE if my review has been denied?

Yes. However the review pans out, once we have reviewed it, you will receive a message.

Where will I receive a response about my account?

We will send an inbox message to the reviewed account. We are unable to disclose any information about another account on this thread.

Ive not heard a response yet, when will I?

Patience young padawan, the review process takes time. Well review it as fast as possible, but please be patient.

All reviewed accounts will have an inbox message. If you have no message then your account is being reviewed, please dont post it again. ;)

We realise that some accounts posted before have yet to be reviewed, however, please be aware that some accounts will take longer to review. Were not ignoring them though, were working through them now

don't forget that in the rules they state that if you are permabanned for honour stuff, you will never succeed appealing.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

All bad choices have a punishment equall to the crime....

Nope. The justice system isn't perfect you know.

More often than not the justice system will be correct. There are cases now and then were mistakes are made, small mistakes. But this is not Law & Order, its just RuneScape. I guess if JaGex wants to make more work for themselves by unbanning a bunch of people who might end up doing exactly what they were banned for in the first place then so be it. They will just be making things hard for them selves and annoying for the players. But in any case, with the new Offense System those offenders who was not guilty will have the chance to prove their innocence by getting their offenses take away after a certain ammount of time. For those who are stupid enough to do the same thing after getting their account back...well.... #-o

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide