14th May 2009 - Development Diary: Fairy Area Improvement

Mil

As more of a "gameplay > graphics" kind of person, I'm ready for some new content updates, yet I still love what they're doing with the graphics. It's these little changes that can add together to really improve the overall gaming experience.

lalalasig2.png

I'm loving how they are taking Zanaris from that cave and grotto look to more of an enchanted forest. That dense forest wall really can add a lot to an area. Not sure how I am on the fairies themselves, I could have sworn they said they weren't going with the "insect look".

Oh and about quests, this graphics update is to prepare for Fairy Tale 3, the very first diary mentions that as the reason for the update so I wouldn't knock it as nothing but a graphics update just yet.

200000000.png

I'm loving how they are taking Zanaris from that cave and grotto look to more of an enchanted forest. That dense forest wall really can add a lot to an area. Not sure how I am on the fairies themselves, I could have sworn they said they weren't going with the "insect look".

Oh and about quests, this graphics update is to prepare for Fairy Tale 3, the very first diary mentions that as the reason for the update so I wouldn't knock it as nothing but a graphics update just yet.

They said that the updates would likely come at different times though

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

This is true but still they said this is to PREPARE the fairy area to look good BEFORE the new fairy quest.

Ergo this update comes before the fairy quest conclusion, ergo questers shuld keep an eye on it because the quest will come after it and most probabl not to long after it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is true but still they said this is to PREPARE the fairy area to look good BEFORE the new fairy quest.

Ergo this update comes before the fairy quest conclusion, ergo questers shuld keep an eye on it because the quest will come after it and most probabl not to long after it.

Um they said it could be several months after.... Either way, The fairy tale quests were boring for me. I'm not really looking forward to part 3.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Well, it is going to be the last in the series, so it's probably mid to high level requirements.

I look forward to cooking on a small stove.

"Tiny pies for EVERYBODY!" *cheers*

8f14270694.jpg