Recovering old accounts

k1masato

Heya,

For a good 15 minutes today I been trying to brainstorm on some of my old RS characters names. Sadly, I can only recall 2 ( one of which I'm using now ). And yes, none of them have numbers in their names, :lol:. So, could there possibly be some way Jagex can help assist us in a list of our old characters ( Yes, I'm aware how 100,000+ people would spam jagex for a list ) ?

I highly doubt such an event would occure ( or maybe not ), but o well.. As a sidenote: I can vividly recall back in 2002 collecting santas on my mule. If only I could remember his name.. :o :lol:. Not to forget dumping my pure with skeletons overnight macroing ( But that was just with my pure. *cough* almost everyone did it with their pures back in rsc *cough* ).

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

How would they know who is who?

Obviously they can't. IP addresses change so rule that out too...

So nope.

If they released the complete list of players who registered from ( for example ) 2001 to 2003. You can scim through it and I bet you'll go, hey thats mine!

just a suggestion :lol:

God_Of_End.png

So nope.

If they released the complete list of players who registered from ( for example ) 2001 to 2003. You can scim through it and I bet you'll go, hey thats mine!

just a suggestion :lol:

Ok well have fun loading that page....

1288581197250-1.jpg

Haha, my old pure laaag is still working... :lol:

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

So nope.

Jagex can link all accounts that you own and they use this to help determine whether you deserve a crown a not. Not to mention that if you use other accounts to break rules your main can be punished too.

So it's possible but you'd have to be friends with a nice J mod to get it done.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

How would they know which accounts are yours if you've spanned a couple computers and IPs over your RS career?

And as for the list...

*skims list and recognizes name*

"Hey, that's mine! But I played on that account when I lived in California, and now I live in Illinois..."

So you send in an inquiry, but how is Jagex supposed to trust you, and how can they prove that account was yours now that you've moved?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I know my old account names - now if i just remember the special words or questions :)

Yeah, I had to recover my account once (completely forgot my password :shock: ) and I had a recovery question that at the time had an obvious answer but I couldn't remember at all :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

looking through this remembered i had a account that i used just befor i got my current username

http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/dillydally10/?action=view&current=Untitled.png

last login 982 days =]

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

Even if you lost the password to a classic account, you wouldn't have anything on it, I distinctly remember JAGeX making us tick the option of changing things over to the RS2 accounts when there was that limbo.

I got back a hacked account sometime last year or the year before, but it seemed to be wiped. I asked around and was reminded that we were meant to tick the option to change the items over, hence reason why my account never got the stats/quests set.( I lost it pre RS2-beta as well)

If I'm wrong, meh.

On another note, if we were able to input our email addresses and get the accounts connected to them, i'd be able to find the account I used when I started in 1999/2000.

Ok well have fun loading that page....
Pages of text are sure hard to load.

OT, I would love a list sorted by year+month of registration, simply because it would be cool. I've wanted to know for a while now when exactly it was I started playing this game, just too long ago to remember :/

Even if you lost the password to a classic account, you wouldn't have anything on it, I distinctly remember JAGeX making us tick the option of changing things over to the RS2 accounts when there was that limbo.

I got back a hacked account sometime last year or the year before, but it seemed to be wiped. I asked around and was reminded that we were meant to tick the option to change the items over, hence reason why my account never got the stats/quests set.( I lost it pre RS2-beta as well)

If I'm wrong, meh.

On another note, if we were able to input our email addresses and get the accounts connected to them, i'd be able to find the account I used when I started in 1999/2000.

it was the other way around. They automatically switched your items from rsc to rs2. They didn't come out with the option to switch items back to rsc for a few days, some people were speculating that jagex did it as a way to subtely force everyone to try rs2 before going back to the game we knew and loved. Not long after they made a back and forth transfer possible for a little while. That is how some accounts (like one of mine) had multiple bunny ears and scythe's on them. You xfered your items over and then went to draynor to get another one of the items and xfered again. good times

pandapk2.jpg

If I'm wrong, meh.

it was the other way around. They automatically switched your items from rsc to rs2. They didn't come out with the option to switch items back to rsc for a few days, some people were speculating that jagex did it as a way to subtely force everyone to try rs2 before going back to the game we knew and loved. Not long after they made a back and forth transfer possible for a little while. That is how some accounts (like one of mine) had multiple bunny ears and scythe's on them. You xfered your items over and then went to draynor to get another one of the items and xfered again. good times

hahahaha, LOL! LOL! Good times, lmao!!! I did that with my old main ( now banned ), God of End. I had exactly 17 bunny ears and 17 scythces. The best part is how Jagex sent me a message asking me: How did you get 17 bunny ears and 17 scytches ? LOL. I can still log in God of End's inbox but sadly nothings there except the message of my perm ban (from 2004).

I made an appeal ( no response yet and I have a feeling it's going to get rejected AGAIN ), if I get him back then all I can hope for are my extra sets of bunny ears and scythes :lol: :lol: :lol:

God_Of_End.png