Mod Brass-iCould

Tesset

Today, I was looking at youtube to see if I had any new subscription videos, and there was one from thejagexchannel, jagex's official youtube channel. It was an interview with one of Jagex's mods, for something called iCould and had some interesting info on that mod's background, as well as how things are run at Jagex's headquarters. I figured that others might want to see it too, as most people probably don't even know jagex has a youtube channel.

[hide=Video][yt]LP_F2mVYtOY[/yt][/hide]

for a link.

This is what iCould is, for those who don't know.

Update:There are more than just that one apparently. A list of all of them can be found here, thanks to bored321

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I watch it now!

edti: Btw Icould is this

http://www.icould.org.uk/

^says it in vid discript

Ah, ok. Thanks. Sounds like a good idea truthfully. Not very successful though. I'm going to put that in the first post for those who don't know.

It would be nice if they could add some english substitles for the people who aren't native english speakers

I mean all Runescape is just letters, first time I get anything from Jagex by words.

Edit: Thank you Ren!

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

iCould definitely goes overboard with transition effects and camera movement, I found it hard to pay attention with all of the flashing colours and shaking camera angles. The people watching the videos are expecting to just see an interview, the effects are quite unnecessary >_

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

These interviews are interesting and I'm glad Jagex are bringing attention to them. They aren't promotional videos for Jagex, but a look at the career paths which led people to work at Jagex as well as an insight into their circumstances, role at Jagex and plans for the future.

I think I've seen this... I know someone around here posted a link to a website that had all kinds of interviews with all the different jagex employees.
I posted it on MechScape World back in March.

You can find the rest of the icould jagex interviews here

http://icould.com/index.php?searchword=jagex&ordering=&searchphrase=all&option=com_search

Not quite all of them, it misses out one of the ones I posted at MSW as they didn't use the word "Jagex" in their interview and it wasn't listed as a keyword.

It would be nice if they could add some english substitles for the people who aren't native english speakers
They don't have subtitles, but they do have a transcript link on the iCould versions of the videos. The transcripts don't always quite match the actual videos.

Do they ever actually say the word Runescape...? :lol:
Dean and Will do. Several of the employees work on other teams such as FunOrb and MechScape.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

http://icould.com/index.php?searchword=jagex&ordering=&searchphrase=all&option=com_search

Not quite all of them, it misses out one of the ones I posted at MSW as they didn't use the word "Jagex" in their interview and it wasn't listed as a keyword.

i'm sorry :( http://www.icould.com/index.php?searchword=jagex+runescape&ordering=newest&searchphrase=any&limit=20&option=com_search

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

i'm sorry :( http://www.icould.com/index.php?searchword=jagex+runescape&ordering=newest&searchphrase=any&limit=20&option=com_search

Mmm, I'm going to also put those on the first post. It also appears they are adding more every day, as a new one is up on youtube today. Mod Captain this time.

It also appears they are adding more every day, as a new one is up on youtube today. Mod Captain this time.

In the interview Mod Captain says his book will soon be published. Well, it's now published and there is an interview with Mod Captain over at MechScape World about his book Redoubt (and a bit about MechScape at the end too). Note: His book was created for older readers, and as such contains language and scenes inappropriate for young persons.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

I think this was one of 5 -7 interviews done on the Jagex' staff working on the oncomming Mechscape?

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Thank you for sharing this video with the rest of us. First time I ever see a jagex mod IRL...Cool :mrgreen:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Mod Brass is a rather boring character :P

The rest of the interviews were pretty decent before. I wish they would announce this stuff somewhere, they know we like seeing behind the scene stuff.

Torlen.png