Another boneheaded move by Jagex

Dragonlordjl

As of today's update, Jagex removed several PvP/BH worlds. Currently, only seven worlds exist, and only THREE of those are F2P.

That deals a HUGE blow to the clan world. :evil: Finding open worlds to have PKRIs was already difficult, but now it's going to be impossible to find an empty world without crashing and clearing some other clan and without having another clan crash you. Basically, all wars will now become what the clan world calls "clusters." Small clans have no chance anymore, because the powerhouse clans like EH, DF, DI, and EoS will totally wreck them. And when two powerhouse clans butt heads, they'll constantly have RSB clans pecking away at them like mosquitoes. Oh, and then there's the lag. Warring is now going to be one giant cluster****.

Terrific swing and a miss, Jagex. Nice work, once again. With all that you attempt to do for clans, I'd have thought you would have more common sense than this. P2P needs less worlds than F2P, because most of the big clans war in F2P as it require much more skill than P2P. I don't really know what else to say. I am very, very disappointed with you.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know, p2p is better than f2p for a reason.

WE PAY FOR IT.

f2p is supported by ads, and some people dont even click on them.

So really, you can't blame jagex, they're a company, they made runescape, they made runescape to make money.

That's really the purpose of the game, to make money and make people happy.

If you're so unhappy, then deal with it. Too many pvp worlds will make it not very good.

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

They returned the worlds that were originally not pvp worlds back to their previous status.

So they gave our worlds to the pvp'ers, then returned them. You lost nothing you didn't start with.

ITT: Someone claims F2P "deserves" more of something than p2p. Only one to not get the joke.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Whatever. They only put the extra PvP worlds in to deal with the influx of people trying the new updates, now they're returning them. Get over it. It wasn't 'another boneheaded move', you needn't sound so ungrateful when Jagex provide a whole [bleep]ing game for you to play.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

calm the [bleep] down, you sound like they're paying you to play.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Pardon my ignorance, but why can't you do the clan pk'ing that you want to do in "clan wars"? Seems that's custom-made for you?

Cause BH/PvP makes it worthwhile with drops.

You realize that at best 1% of RS players at any time are participating in clan activities?

Boohoo they removed a few BH worlds, don't see skillers crying that they removed non PvP worlds and thus removed skilling spots.

Cause there's not that many skillers.

Cause there's not that many skillers.

In a Jagex poll, only a little over 10% labeled themselves as pkers. There are a LOT more people who focus on skilling than pvp.

People can't be constantly skilling, they've got to be slaying or something in between. So much skilling drives one insane.

I think they just added more PVP/BH worlds for the release, to deal with the masses flocking to the worlds in the first few days. I'm sure they did the same with bh worlds, and PVP worlds when they were first released.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You realize that at best 1% of RS players at any time are participating in clan activities?

Boohoo they removed a few BH worlds, don't see skillers crying that they removed non PvP worlds and thus removed skilling spots.

Let me put it in perspective. There are only 3 worlds in which people can engage in F2P PKRIs. There are over 15 well-known active warring clans. Wars usually start around 3-5 est on Saturdays and last for anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours. Having only three worlds available to war on creates a huge log-jam and forces large clans like DF to crash smaller clans like GK in order to have wars. It's unfair to everybody.

And there are numerous reasons why Clan Wars is not used for wars.

1) You can only have 100 people participate at any time due to the limits on CCs. Most top 5 clans have WELL over 100 members attend prepped fights.

2) In the Wilderness, most wars take place between the Spider hill and Greater Demons, which is a large area to roam. In CWA, most fights take place in the classic arena, between the two sets of barricades in the middle. With 300+ options (100+ people) on each side, it creates ungodly lag. Lag is not a big issue in PKRIs, because people are more dispersed.

3) CWA doesn't involve any risk, which is part of what makes PKing so exhilarating. Don't EVEN give the [cabbage] about "dangerous CWA" because that's just asinine. Even though most times you lose more than you gain when warring, getting items from killing people is the other part of PKing's charm and it at least makes up for some of your losses.

td2sig.jpg

Maybe the boneheaded move was joing a clan?

Collective vs Invididual. Collective fail! :thumbsup:

The bonehead move was you posting.

Oh take a joke. I mean seriously, there is almost no point to clans anymore. Anything can be borrowed, anything can be assisted, heck you even have your own familiar to do stuff for you, there are minigames to do things with other people.

Clans are just a place for a bunch of people to get together to either a) play the game with other people because they can't enjoy it by themselves, in which case they really should just hang out with other people or B) complain about the game.

:geek:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Pardon my ignorance, but why can't you do the clan pk'ing that you want to do in "clan wars"? Seems that's custom-made for you?

Cause BH/PvP makes it worthwhile with drops.

Well there may be even more bad news for you -- I'll bet Jagex either has nerfed or will nerf the drops.

punitivedsig.png