Another boneheaded move by Jagex

Dragonlordjl

Pardon my ignorance, but why can't you do the clan pk'ing that you want to do in "clan wars"? Seems that's custom-made for you?

Cause BH/PvP makes it worthwhile with drops.

Well there may be even more bad news for you -- I'll bet Jagex either has nerfed or will nerf the drops.

If they wanted to really screw with them, they could make most of the areas singleway combat. That would be high-larious. =D>

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the main reasons they did this was because when they put in New Bounty Hunter, people were robbed of their home worlds. How would all of us Tip.it'ers feel if our home world was changed to PVP. Eventually they'll get more servers, and I'm sure PvP has dibs on those. For now, I think it's fine. ::'

Maybe the boneheaded move was joing a clan?

Collective vs Invididual. Collective fail! :thumbsup:

The bonehead move was you posting.

Oh take a joke. I mean seriously, there is almost no point to clans anymore. Anything can be borrowed, anything can be assisted, heck you even have your own familiar to do stuff for you, there are minigames to do things with other people.

Clans are just a place for a bunch of people to get together to either a) play the game with other people because they can't enjoy it by themselves, in which case they really should just hang out with other people or B) complain about the game.

:geek:

Or maybe they like to do certain activities that can only be done by an organised group of people.

Zerker_jane.png

CWA doesn't involve any risk, which is part of what makes PKing so exhilarating. Don't EVEN give the [cabbage] about "dangerous CWA" because that's just asinine. Even though most times you lose more than you gain when warring, getting items from killing people is the other part of PKing's charm and it at least makes up for some of your losses.

So it's not the "exhilarating risk" you want -- as you put it, you lose even more in dangerous CWA than in BH. After all, what are you really risking in F2P anyway, full rune? What you want is the insane drops. But I think most understand those have been out of line and are likely to be nerfed. Once they nerf the drops, people will stop farming BH, and you'll have all the room you want.

punitivedsig.png

One of the main reasons they did this was because when they put in New Bounty Hunter, people were robbed of their home worlds. How would all of us Tip.it'ers feel if our home world was changed to PVP. Eventually they'll get more servers, and I'm sure PvP has dibs on those. For now, I think it's fine. ::'

Yeah, it's off topic, but the topic stinks anyway. Could someone explain to me the point of a home world on Runescape? All the servers are pretty much the same. Unless your homeworld is like trawler fishing or something, in which case it wouldn't go PVP, there's no rational reason for it.

Oh take a joke. I mean seriously, there is almost no point to clans anymore. Anything can be borrowed, anything can be assisted, heck you even have your own familiar to do stuff for you, there are minigames to do things with other people.

Clans are just a place for a bunch of people to get together to either a) play the game with other people because they can't enjoy it by themselves, in which case they really should just hang out with other people or B) complain about the game.

I've never been a big fan of clans, but even I can see the other side.

This is called a multiplayer game for a reason. It's much easier and MORE FUN with other people. Could you imagine how boring RS would be if you had to do everything by yourself? And as lame as it sounds, being in a clan kind of feels like being in a family after a while. Being able to log in and just chill and talk to everyone while escaping the real world is just a great feeling.

Organized domination is so much more enjoyable than with random people you don't even know.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

I've never been a big fan of clans, but even I can see the other side.

This is called a multiplayer game for a reason. It's much easier and MORE FUN with other people. Could you imagine how boring RS would be if you had to do everything by yourself? And as lame as it sounds, being in a clan kind of feels like being in a family after a while. Being able to log in and just chill and talk to everyone while escaping the real world is just a great feeling.

Organized domination is so much more enjoyable than with random people you don't even know.

Multiplayer is because multiple people play the game, not because multiple are required to play it. And I don't mind talking to people, but to form a clan and go through all that, eh what a waste of time.

Quite simply they did it for a reason, to the keep game play fair they want the PVP world's to be full.

If there are pvp worlds that are not full then they obviously have to many, keeping the worlds full making it more difficult to organise for possible looting groups of which will exploit the system to gain loot with minimal GP loss (Much like the air casting to raise your looting chance), keep the number of worlds down making PVP worlds more "full" makes it harder to organise such events to take place making the system easier to balance.

If there are empty worlds clans will be able to overtake them and effectively PK, which is not what Jagex want any more, also releasing new possibility's of rwt'ing.

Are pvper's ever happy? Jagex has done alot to try and please them. They are happy for awhile after the update, then start complaining. Hopefully Jagex stop wasting their time trying to make people happy that don't appreciate anything.

swordwarior.png

Yeah, it's off topic, but the topic stinks anyway. Could someone explain to me the point of a home world on Runescape? All the servers are pretty much the same. Unless your homeworld is like trawler fishing or something, in which case it wouldn't go PVP, there's no rational reason for it.

Usually on your home world you will have people you know, for example, w 99 edgy. Back in the day, my homeworld was world 60 becasue i knew alot of the people that played cw there etc.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You might pick a home world if it's a server close to you, living closer to a server means less lag. Or you may have a FoG world or Soul Wars world as your home because it makes it easier to access those minigames if you do them a lot.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

o...

Yeah it sucks tbh, less f2p wars=less for clans.

Eh more clusters, sucks

But in jagex perspective' it will disallow any 'empty worlds' so yeah :[

Sucks for smaller clans , sucks for clans in gen

and to the people who are posting

some of you guys are boneheaded lmfao

you lost one of your valuable pking worlds 89 to a large group of people who lost their homeworld for the second time and were sick of it being taken away.

first 89 was a pvp world, then they changed it.

they tried the same [cabbage] again with bh worlds, now they changed it again

dont [bleep] with 89. hopefully those in my beloved homeworld who have been displaced are rejoicing at the transformation of the world.

thanks, jagex :thumbup:

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I had no idea that they did this until now. It's disappointing that they did this, because, as you said, smaller clans have very little chance of thriving in the BH worlds. :(

P.S. Maybe you should've posted this in Clan Discussions instead? This way you get less random posts by the non-knowledgeable folks. :)

j0xPu5R.png

Well, they won't care if too many clans have to squeeze into one world. If you don't like it, tough.

If you want to see more PVP worlds, you'll have to make it so that all the PVP worlds are over capacity at peak times. Then they'll add another server or 2, then you can use at nonpeak times for you clan stuffs.

you lost one of your valuable pking worlds 89 to a large group of people who lost their homeworld for the second time and were sick of it being taken away.

first 89 was a pvp world, then they changed it.

they tried the same [cabbage] again with bh worlds, now they changed it again

dont [bleep] with 89. hopefully those in my beloved homeworld who have been displaced are rejoicing at the transformation of the world.

thanks, jagex :thumbup:

Oh noes, you can't just relocate?!?!

Having fewer PvP worlds produces an actual problem that affects many, many more people than the few hundred who lost their "homeworlds." Besides, all it requires to relocate is a few mass PMs on your clan website and a sticky notifying everybody of the change. Ten minutes of effort, tops. :wall:

td2sig.jpg

They may as well have made new worlds for PvP. Beats changing existing worlds, doesn't it?

Thing is, everyone could access PvP worlds, and people from all areas of the game did use them to gain DP. Skilling in PvP was actually more profitable than out, if I'm not wrong... People did 26k after. Hell, only ones that don't benefit from them are questers, and as most skill and/or PK...

It was a boneheaded move to change existing worlds to them, I think. It would have been better to add in some new ones.

Lets all rage at them. I mean why start off with like tons of worlds and then suddenly remove them. It is going to cause a huge controversy in the clan world. Tisk tisk

blackup2ut3.gif

Click this signature for a link to SE's recruitment topic!

Cause there's not that many skillers.

In a Jagex poll, only a little over 10% labeled themselves as pkers. There are a LOT more people who focus on skilling than pvp.

People can't be constantly skilling, they've got to be slaying or something in between. So much skilling drives one insane.

I was unaware that slaying and "other things" were automatically called PvP

Cause there's not that many skillers.

In a Jagex poll, only a little over 10% labeled themselves as pkers. There are a LOT more people who focus on skilling than pvp.

People can't be constantly skilling, they've got to be slaying or something in between. So much skilling drives one insane.

contrary to popular belief; some people find skilling very relaxing and can go at it for a long long long time. especially things like wc, fish, cook that require very little attention
I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

So really, you can't blame jagex, they're a company, they made runescape, they made runescape to make money.

Actually, Runescape was originally made not to make money, but just to provide a hangout spot online. They only decided to make it profitable when it started growing a lot. I'm not saying P2P don't deserve more, I was just pointing that out. And I think the ads also pay per view, not just per click. But I don't know that one for sure.

As for the topic, I cannot say I'm directly affected, but maybe they will add some back if the popularity grows?

Skilling doesn't mean having an account that does purely non-combat. Skilling just means raising your skills, whether you do combat or not. I am a skiller, even though I have 116 combat (F2P). Why? Because I raise my skills.

Maybe the boneheaded move was joing a clan?

Collective vs Invididual. Collective fail! :thumbsup:

The bonehead move was you posting.

Your an absolute [wagon]e to be [bleep]ing honest. It's obvious you've never been in a proper pking clan (pure or main) if you made an ignorant post like that. Your first paragraph speaks about skilling clans when this thread is obviously about PKING clans. Theres worlds of difference between the two. Maybe you should take your ill informed posts out of a thread about PvP until you've actually experienced it.

I can't believe most of the posts on this thread, its clear Tip.it has a majority of members who have never experienced proper PvP and are just guessing their ideas about it. And crying about a homeworld being taken away? Please if my 'homeworld' was taken away I'd just move on....far out [kitties] much?

AussiePride-1.jpg

~>St Jonno<~