Another boneheaded move by Jagex

Dragonlordjl

It annoys me that there are only a few worlds, it would be nice if they would just return the wilderness on every world to that situation. This probably wouldn't be possiblew because of credit card fraud concerns.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate i totally agree with u (dragonlord), i couldnt agree more, the bh or pvp worlds will be filled with clans so it will ruin the aspect of small calns pkin. I think maybe they should make a pair multi or a quadruple mutli whr only 2 ppl or 4 ppl can att a person at a time.

SUPER.gif

It annoys me that there are only a few worlds, it would be nice if they would just return the wilderness on every world to that situation. This probably wouldn't be possiblew because of credit card fraud concerns.

It'd be a bit late now, but I'd agree that something like that should have been implemented now. Thing is, today we have things like quests and minithings that take place there that simply would not be possible with human PKers, considering how much power there is in certain weapons. If BH worlds were full worlds with the wilderness as BH, there would be little problem with homeworlds, at least. They could keep the PvP world system on many other worlds in the wilderness to kill RWT-type stuff, and keep some worlds with revenants so that things like the Summer quests can be done without griefers.

People can't be constantly skilling, they've got to be slaying or something in between. So much skilling drives one insane.

Skilling doesn't mean having an account that does purely non-combat. Skilling just means raising your skills, whether you do combat or not. I am a skiller, even though I have 116 combat (F2P). Why? Because I raise my skills.

I agree with you, however, if your account is the one with the stats in your signature, you're not making a very clear point.

However, people put a generic word to describe someone.

Just like skillers aren't always level 3, defense pures aren't limited to only defense levels.

I agree with you, however, if your account is the one with the stats in your signature, you're not making a very clear point.

I was just going by the 2 "main" generalizations- Skillers and PKers. Of the 2, I am a skiller. I don't pk... at all.

Maybe the boneheaded move was joing a clan?

Collective vs Invididual. Collective fail! :thumbsup:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

you lost one of your valuable pking worlds 89 to a large group of people who lost their homeworld for the second time and were sick of it being taken away.

first 89 was a pvp world, then they changed it.

they tried the same [cabbage] again with bh worlds, now they changed it again

dont [bleep] with 89. hopefully those in my beloved homeworld who have been displaced are rejoicing at the transformation of the world.

thanks, jagex :thumbup:

Oh noes, you can't just relocate?!?!

Having fewer PvP worlds produces an actual problem that affects many, many more people than the few hundred who lost their "homeworlds." Besides, all it requires to relocate is a few mass PMs on your clan website and a sticky notifying everybody of the change. Ten minutes of effort, tops. :wall:

I'll try not to be sarcastic here. quite honestly, no, i can't relocate. mainly because the 89 community split between world 91 and 86, that means (virtually) half the community that i run into will not be world 89ers.

for the people who have legit homeworlds (42, 89, 99, etc) it is devastating to have homeworlds taken away. question: how many tip.iters would be pissed if jagex turned world 99 into pvp? yeah, my point exactly.

also, the reason jagex hasn't messed with 99 (or 42), is also because they realize the importance of a homeworld. they know how closely people hold homeworlds. if they didn't care, they wouldn't have changed 89 back, twice :D

ps- i don't quite understand your ending statement. my clan doesn't have a homeworld. tip.it and other gigantic fan sites are the only ones that could succesfully "relocate" a world.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Noble, you wouldn't know this, but Jagex does mess with unofficial homeworlds.

World 9 used to be the F2P Tip.It homeworld, but it got changed to a member's only server. So we had to switch to 7. So I doubt they care about the importance of so called "homeworlds".

World 10 used to be my homeworld when I was F2P at a point, then the server was relocated from Great Britain to the Netherlands. So I doubt that Jagex has many problems with changing the status of the server.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

how many tip.iters would be pissed if jagex turned world 99 into pvp? yeah, my point exactly.

That would be awesome! If you had a fight with someone on the forums and then you saw them in game you could take your anger out on them.

how many tip.iters would be pissed if jagex turned world 99 into pvp? yeah, my point exactly.

That would be awesome! If you had a fight with someone on the forums and then you saw them in game you could take your anger out on them.

Or it'd be exactly like the time the idiots took over and clogged w99 with their old PC 'rioting'... We switched worlds.

• 3 weeks later...
Whatever. They only put the extra PvP worlds in to deal with the influx of people trying the new updates, now they're returning them. Get over it. It wasn't 'another boneheaded move', you needn't sound so ungrateful when Jagex provide a whole [bleep] game for you to play.

It was ungreatful, and it is clear Racheya you do not know what your talking about, I would doubt you have even PKed before. I myslef do a bit of everything, and whilst Pking is not my main thing i do in runescape i do see that removing the pvp worlds hindered alot of my friends and their run in wars.

Please make sure you know what your talking about before posting something.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Whatever. They only put the extra PvP worlds in to deal with the influx of people trying the new updates, now they're returning them. Get over it. It wasn't 'another boneheaded move', you needn't sound so ungrateful when Jagex provide a whole [bleep] game for you to play.
It was ungreatful, and it is clear Racheya you do not know what your talking about, I would doubt you have even PKed before. I myslef do a bit of everything, and whilst Pking is not my main thing i do in runescape i do see that removing the pvp worlds hindered alot of my friends and their run in wars.

Please make sure you know the thread is active before posting something.

I can not fathom the whims and operations of JaGEx, but Racheya's idea seems quite logical.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

No Moad, you need to understand that with the removal of the worlds, it has been very detramental to the clan community. There are not enough worlds now and clans may find they are geting owned/ambushed by bigger clans

eg. clan a has clan war with clan b

clan c has clan war with clan d

now cause there are not enough worlds, all 4 clan might accidently meet up at the same time, this prior to the removal of the pvp worlds was not as common, now it is a common site.

edit: this rant was on page one of the forums, which constitues as active, so dont play wanna be mod with me ok.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

No Moad, you need to understand that with the removal of the worlds, it has been very detramental to the clan community. There are not enough worlds now and clans may find they are geting owned/ambushed by bigger clans

now cause there are not enough worlds, all 4 clan might accidently meet up at the same time, this prior to the removal of the pvp worlds was not as common, now it is a common site.

But if they were only given for a short time, what's the big deal about removal? You didn't lose anything; you were merely provided with a temporary larger amount of PvP space which you no longer possess.

this rant was on page one of the forums, which constitues as active, so dont play wanna be mod with me ok.
Don't call me a wannabe-mod. I have no desire for such a position; it merely irks me when someone brings an old topic up again weeks after the thread has died.

But if they were only given for a short time, what's the big deal about removal? You didn't lose anything; you were merely provided with a temporary larger amount of PvP space which you no longer possess.

this rant was on page one of the forums, which constitues as active, so dont play wanna be mod with me ok.
Don't call me a wannabe-mod. I have no desire for such a position; it merely irks me when someone brings an old topic up again weeks after the thread has died.

1. It was good having this many worlds, just because it was only in place for a short amount of time does not detract from thr fact that a good amount of game worlds was in place until the changes involved. Whilst it was temporary, it was great for the clan community.

2. As I stated, it was on the first page of rants, and two weeks does not constitute as "an old topic" (i have already stated this) I dont care if it "irks" you, i have every right to post on this thread and voice my opinion. The thread creator hit the nail on the head, and the majority of the tip.it that dont pk/pvp had a go at him cause they are just skillers etc and they do not understand.

Post back if you want, i dont really care I can go all day.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Not enough people use them to keep all those extras. That is a fact. If properly organized, you shouldn't have to worry about extra groups getting involved. And if you really want to war, is there not a place specifically for that purpose?

LOL! if you try to pvp now, high chances some top 10 clan will come in a pwn both the two smaller clans, this is not fun at all. Just happend twice on the weekend lol, you dont know what your talking about, it is a very regular occurance, especially on the weekend.

Yes you can go clanwars, but who likes no loot? yeah thats what i thought.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

edit: this rant was on page one of the forums, which constitues as active, so dont play wanna be mod with me ok.

Please make sure you know how to use proper English before posting something.

Many people had their home worlds taken away and changed into PvP worlds. I don't know about you, but I'll be really angry if my homeworld (14) had been taken away just to allow some PKers to PK in.

Jagex IS RIGHT in doing this. They shouldn't have robbed people of their homeworlds anyway. They should have created new worlds for PvP. They're just returning what they took. And please, look at the FREAKING world list. How many people are on some of the PvP worlds? Every time I look through the world list, PvP worlds have the FEWEST players on them. So why should Jagex waste their space in keeping these worlds as PvP worlds?

- Hypocrite.

Please make sure you know how to use proper English before posting something.

Many people had their home worlds taken away and changed into PvP worlds. I don't know about you, but I'll be really angry if my homeworld (14) had been taken away just to allow some PKers to PK in.

Jagex IS RIGHT in doing this. They shouldn't have robbed people of their homeworlds anyway. They should have created new worlds for PvP. They're just returning what they took. And please, look at the FREAKING world list. How many people are on some of the PvP worlds? Every time I look through the world list, PvP worlds have the FEWEST players on them. So why should Jagex waste their space in keeping these worlds as PvP worlds?

That's exactly right! With such low traffic on the PvP worlds, it's hard to justify having even as many as there are now. Frankly, I don't care if clans meet each other during a war; it's a risk you take.

I'm kind of confused here...

I keep reading posters say "players don't know how to properly PvP".

Now other then the rules everyone can read, can some one point me to the Jagex "approved" form of PvP?

Some of the PvP worlds were near empty. That's a waste of resources for Jagex. Jagex does not create worlds just so a small portion of players can use them.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."