Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
There was a cryptic-ish hint that it drops *something* special if you read what mod emillie said about the drops.

Also the fact it looks very amphibious and no way in hell it could be released alone leads my train of thought towards the previous fremmink quest that took us underwater and its hint of other treasure ships also the idea of a the underwater city mentioned in psotbag years ago pops up in my mind.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • RSN:Outsanity

Yay, another low level slayer monster. Just what we needed.

78 is not exactly low.

78 is very low. Do you know how many people have level 78?

Less than the number of people that don't.

What I want to know is what they going to release to release it. :-k

Cause you don't just randomly add slayer monsters.

Also.

ITS IS WATER, OMFG IT MUST BE A LEAK TO SAILING!

SAILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG IT ALL MAKES SENSE. IT DROPS SAILING SHIPS. :o

What a BS argument. If we're going to saw it's a high level because less people have it than those who don't than we may as well say that level 50 Runecrafting is a high level, or that ANY level in runescape is high because there are more people in the world who don't play it than those who do, therefore less people have ALL levels than those who don't.

It's a low level. Nechryael's special drop is a Rune Boot. Those currently sell for around 35k each. Nechryael take level 80 to kill. This new monster will only take level 78. And to be entirely honest, you can achieve 78 slayer in a matter of 3-4 weeks of casual slaying.
Posted Image
Posted Image
|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|Posted Image

joke33
[ Display Name History ]

joke33

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Joke33
I herd Mod Emilee duz not liek Mudkipz :-$

Anyway, as I don't have 90+ slayer I can't say anything to protect the 90+ slayer people, but they DO deserve a good monster.

I think the monster will be quite good, not knowing the "special" drop tho...

Posted Image
My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...
Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008
29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
Its im possible to say more people have 78 slayer than don't.

On the highscores this may be true, but as you require lvl 30 min to enter the highscores AND the highscores only logs the top 1mil of like 3 -5 mil accounts AND theres heaps of f2pers it means unless the 1,000,000 place person on the highscores has higher than 78 you know for certain the millions not on the highscores don't have 78

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Punitive_D
[ Display Name History ]

Punitive_D

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • RSN:Punitive D
Well it certainly will have a special drop -- all monsters at this level do.

Whether the level is too low or too high, it's hard to say. Slayer needs new monsters at every level. Ideally, I think that it should be like summoning -- you get a level, you get a new monster. Eventually, it probably will be like this. I agree that something new is needed for those precious few who have 90+, but I'll also bet that there are a lot more people between 75-80 than there are 90+. Also, we don't know how it's going to be released. If it's released as part of a quest, it wouldn't make sense to have a level 90+ slayer requirement on a quest. You can't have a quest that can be done by so few people -- it just isn't worth the resources. Frankly, the only way we'll get a 90+ slayer monster is when jagex wants to introduce a very rare new item into the game. Right now, godswords and spirit shields seem to have this need covered.
Posted Image

Bauke
[ Display Name History ]

Bauke

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • RSN:Quitter
  • Clan:True Maxed

Its im possible to say more people have 78 slayer than don't.

On the highscores this may be true, but as you require lvl 30 min to enter the highscores AND the highscores only logs the top 1mil of like 3 -5 mil accounts AND theres heaps of f2pers it means unless the 1,000,000 place person on the highscores has higher than 78 you know for certain the millions not on the highscores don't have 78

People lower than 78 slayer have plenty to look forward to. People with 85+ only have ONE more monster to unlock. We definitely need more higher level focussed monsters, and Jagex wastes their time on adding yet another low slayer monster -.-

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
So let me get this straight.

78 Slayer is low

85 Slayer is medium

95 Slayer is high

Thats like saying a level 110 combat is low

126 is medium

138 is high

99 Firemaking and Strength are low because more people have that then 78 slayer.

Flawed logic if you ask me. :roll:

I think the new monster will be ok.

Dont rant about something which isnt released yet. :?

Everyonedies
[ Display Name History ]

Everyonedies

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 657 posts
78 slayer is a decent lvl Skeletal Wyverns are only lvl 72 and they drop visages. At 78 slayer there are only 4 higher lvl monesters of which only 2 drop items worth more then 500k. I know Jagex will never make everyone happy but really stop complaining the update hasnt even came out yet. Honestly since i have played this game over 8 years new content is never geared towards those with skills in the 90s. Onyx is the only thing i can think of that was released after the skill was already made that had a lvl 90 requirement. Other then putting a visage on a anti dragon sheild and putting together a godsword or attaching a sig to a blessed spirit shield. Anyway stop winning like little school girls :pray: Jagex for the most part comes up with decent updates that are good for most people that play.

Calm Koala
[ Display Name History ]

Calm Koala

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • RSN:Calm Koala
It must be!!!

New Cargo Shipz!!! They muz drup itz!

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
Peoples logic makes me lol.

lvl 78 slayer monster is low because the high lvls are empty and need filling out...

To me the lack of true high end monsters would make 78 classed as higher rather than lower, since its what like 5th highest one?

I in no way disagree that we need more high end slayer stuff, but I think its pathetic and highly flawed to try and claim 78 is low jsut because its not higher than the maximum current one

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Void Seraphi
New slayer monster, pity about the low requirement.

Hopefully the next one will be like 93 or 95 or something.
Posted Image

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts
Name for it so totally needs to be mudkip.

totalpwnage
[ Display Name History ]

totalpwnage

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • RSN:Time
  • RSN2:You Received
All it reminds me of is the Ancient Caves, where almost all the monsters use a water based mage attack. But its not going there.

Waterfiends are level 115, this is level 114... o.o

Considering its a mage attack and a special attack, it better be a mage weapon that has a spec.

EDIT: Also the fact that Rune Boots are only 30k is irrelevant. Rune Boots are often dropped in PvP, and Rune Boots have been out for years. And there are Dragon Boots now. Rune Boots are commonly dropped.

Hey, whips are 1.5m and require 85 slayer, dbows are like 800k and require 90 slayer, so a level 95 slayer monster will drop an item worth 400k? :roll:
Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues
9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

First to no pray jad.

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Range 0r
  • Clan:SODB
LOL 78 SLAYER
Posted Image

Misterknowitall
[ Display Name History ]

Misterknowitall

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  • RSN:Priest Wiz
  • Clan:The Caped Carousers

I herd Mod Emilee duz not liek Mudkipz :-$

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
78 Slayer isn't low?? I have 86 Slayer and I'd still consider that pretty low. They should have released something that will actually get people excited, like 90+. It doesn't even really need a rare drop. Just a few good ones like Rune and Dragon items.

Misterknowitall
[ Display Name History ]

Misterknowitall

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  • RSN:Priest Wiz
  • Clan:The Caped Carousers

78 Slayer isn't low?? I have 86 Slayer and I'd still consider that pretty low. They should have released something that will actually get people excited, like 90+. It doesn't even really need a rare drop. Just a few good ones like Rune and Dragon items.

A 90+ slayer monster won't get everyone excited :|

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
Since when is 78 slayer a low level?

I'm guessing only around 30-40k people have 78+, and you can already kill all but 4 things can't you?

I think the people calling it low are those who call it low are just a bit eliteist tbh and seem to think anything below 90 or so is low. Once you get higher you seem to think anything below was easy and low.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

A 90+ slayer monster won't get everyone excited

If you're saying that because only a few people have 90 Slayer then I beg to differ. I don't have 90 Slayer but if they did release the monster, I would have more of an incentive to actually train Slayer again. I would be excited because Slayer wouldn't be a dead-end skill anymore, even though I wouldn't be able to access the monster right away.

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Range 0r
  • Clan:SODB

A 90+ slayer monster won't get everyone excited :|

Well, I'd be really excited and my slayer's only 66.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users