May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

I think all of the people arguing that slayers need a new monster because they go through 6.5 million exp. without getting a new monster to kill is a weak argument.

Firstly there are not many skills that have new things to do all the way up to 99, particularly from level 90 onwards. For example, Fishing, Cooking, Fletching, Herblore, Mining, Woodcutting, Farming etc. Granted, these skills may not be percieved to be a 'difficult' to train to level 90+, and certainly not in terms of time. However, the time or difficulty required to train these skills shouldn't influence whether or not new high level content should be released for that skill.

In fairness, all skills should have balanced content that becomes available as you progress in that skill. There are far more deserving skills than slayer that deserve new high level content, skills that have had little to no new updates for many years.

rosssigfinal.jpg

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially, this sums up my thoughts.

Its totally unjustified that we slayers should go for 7 million exp without a new monster to kill.

So do people that train Attack, Strength, Hitpoints, Defence, Prayer, Crafting, Mining, Woodcutting, Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting, Ranged and Farming

Yet I don't see these people [bleep] about getting their precious 90+ items, even though they deserve it just as much as a Slayer.

And do you want them for Slayer? Or do you want them for greed? Honestly. Because if you want them for Slayer, a good (and most recent, correct me if I'm wrong) update was the recent 'Missing my mummy' quest, which allowed for easier Scabarite tasks. Which, in turn, means you can scratch the Scabarites from your permablock list (if they were) and add another task you hate.

Because you did, in fact, get a new monster to kill.

Notice the OP has 78 slayer... Anyway, for attack, str, HP, def, prayer, mining, woodcutting, and herblore, the higher the level you are, the more advantage you have. All the combat skills have a bonus. Attack=more accuracy. Str=higher hits. As for the collection skills, you can gather resources more quickly. As for MyM, scabrites were easy to kill north of the swamp before, so nothing has changed. No more comment should be needed. Suggesting that combat or gathering skills above a certain level needed to wield or gather something is totally asinine.

How do Herblorists advance from being higher leveled? Likewise, Slayer, in that respect, gets easier with higher levels are your combat stats become better, hence tasks will become easier.

Singling out Slayers as trying pity-worthy disgusts me. It's a largely AFK skill (like Woodcutting) that can make a ton of money. Especially at levels 80+. There are other skills that deserve a high-level update more than Slayer does. All of you are advocating a 90+ monster so you can camp it and make millions, which you somehow feel you are entitled to just because you choose to train Slayer.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Essentially, this sums up my thoughts.

Its totally unjustified that we slayers should go for 7 million exp without a new monster to kill.

So do people that train Attack, Strength, Hitpoints, Defence, Prayer, Crafting, Mining, Woodcutting, Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting, Ranged and Farming

Yet I don't see these people [bleep] about getting their precious 90+ items, even though they deserve it just as much as a Slayer.

And do you want them for Slayer? Or do you want them for greed? Honestly. Because if you want them for Slayer, a good (and most recent, correct me if I'm wrong) update was the recent 'Missing my mummy' quest, which allowed for easier Scabarite tasks. Which, in turn, means you can scratch the Scabarites from your permablock list (if they were) and add another task you hate.

Because you did, in fact, get a new monster to kill.

Notice the OP has 78 slayer... Anyway, for attack, str, HP, def, prayer, mining, woodcutting, and herblore, the higher the level you are, the more advantage you have. All the combat skills have a bonus. Attack=more accuracy. Str=higher hits. As for the collection skills, you can gather resources more quickly. As for MyM, scabrites were easy to kill north of the swamp before, so nothing has changed. No more comment should be needed. Suggesting that combat or gathering skills above a certain level needed to wield or gather something is totally asinine.

How do Herblorists advance from being higher leveled? Likewise, Slayer, in that respect, gets easier with higher levels are your combat stats become better, hence tasks will become easier.

Singling out Slayers as trying pity-worthy disgusts me. It's a largely AFK skill (like Woodcutting) that can make a ton of money. Especially at levels 80+. There are other skills that deserve a high-level update more than Slayer does. All of you are advocating a 90+ monster so you can camp it and make millions, which you somehow feel you are entitled to just because you choose to train Slayer.

Like Hunter. Talk about a skill that needs some filling out. It's completely bare. Everyone just marks out over the red chins in it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I'm laughing myself silly at anyone who thinks Slayer is a largely AFK skill.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

on scarabite tasks after getting into the center of the small scarab dungeon i never need to click again for the rest of the task =P

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

on scarabite tasks after getting into the center of the small scarab dungeon i never need to click again for the rest of the task =P

Yes... on that one task. If you get something like Nechs, where you must click every creature, then no, it is not an AFK skill. :geek:

Yes... on that one task. If you get something like Nechs, where you must click every creature, then no, it is not an AFK skill. :geek:

chin them in chaos tunnel and don't care about the goodies they drop :S

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

chin them in chaos tunnel and don't care about the goodies they drop :S

Fine, then Dust Devils or Bloodvelds. Dark Beasts, Iron Drags, Steel Drags, Mith Drags, and Skeletal Wyverns are creatures that no one can AFK on either.

Point is, it's not really a AFK skill. It's also a very slow and tedious one. Even if you AFK somewhat, you still are gonna spend plenty of time on it. Whether that means you chin, gotta drink pots, or food, or whatever.

Alright. Let's say that clicking something once and never having to look at it again can be considered AFKIng. This is [1]. Now let's review all of Duradel's tasks:

Aberrant spectres: Have nosepeg and it's [1] + Cannonable

Abyssal demon: [1]

Black demon: Range in safespot CT: [1]

Black dragon: Tav/Chicken safespot, if melee antifire+Protect melee: [1]

Bloodveld: [1] + Cannonable

Dagannoth: [1] + Cannonable

Dark beast: You actually have to pay attention on these

Dust devil: Facemask: [1]

Fire giant: Safespot at waterfall/Guthan: [1]

Gargoyle: Hammer them: [1]

Gorak: Slight attention required, but mostly minimised if you have bunyip

Greater demon: [1]

Hellhound: [1]

Iron/Steel dragon: Have antifire and Prot melee for Meleers: [1]

Kalphite: [1] + Cannonable

Mithril dragon: Have to actually watch out with these. Luckily, you won't ever have to kill more than 9.

Necrychael: You can safespot them: [1], otherwise slight attention required

Scabarites: [1] + Cannonable

Skeletal wyvern: Attention required, good thing you can safespot them.

Spiritual mage: Proper magic defence/Prot from Magic: [1]

Suqah: South side: [1]

Warped terrorbird: Attention required

Waterfiend: Attention required

With all the [1]'s, you can look away from the screen at any time with minimal risk. This constitutes that it is, in fact, AFK'able.

Now compare this with Mining, Hunter, Agility, Firemaking and Runecrafting.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

With all the [1]'s, you can look away from the screen at any time with minimal risk. This constitutes that it is, in fact, AFK'able.

If you want to be slightly efficient while slaying, you'll have to pay about as much attention to is as to hunter. Of course, you can look away for about 10-20 secs while you kill a monster, but you can't exactly do a lot in that short time. You can look away from hunter too once you have all of you traps set up, but that isn't efficient either.

2dvjurb.png

Alright. Let's say that clicking something once and never having to look at it again can be considered AFKIng. This is [1]. Now let's review all of Duradel's tasks:

Mithril dragon: Have to actually watch out with these. Luckily, you won't ever have to kill more than 9.

You know what's funny is that with your massive 78 Slayer, you can't even kill some of those monsters you're critiquing hahahaha.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

When AFK'ing, most people actually gain exp while they AFK. If you're just standing there nto doing any thing, thats all your doing. You're logged in standing there, wasting a familiar timer if you go one out.

To get exp you have to look at the screen and attack something and kill it. By this it narrows down a lot of your choices. But yes i am slaying as im typing this. But I'm just standing there, i am not gaining any exp at all.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

[hide=]Aberrant spectres: Have nosepeg and it's [1] + Cannonable

Waterfiend: Attention required[/hide]

AFKing is away from keybaord not looking at the forums or the TV for 10-20 seconds while your players kills the monster. All cannon tasks you have to make sure the cannon is full and that your HP doesn't get too low from being attacked by that many monsters. Now lets take a look at your list.

Aberrant spectres: Have nosepeg and it's [1] + Cannonable-You still have to watch prayer, pick up herbs, and they die fairly quickly.

Abyssal demon: [1]-Correct

Black demon: Range in safespot CT: [1]-I rarely see anyone safespot these I see a lot more melee prayer and attacking them with titans in CT.

Black dragon: Tav/Chicken safespot, if melee antifire+Protect melee: [1]-Sort of yes

Bloodveld: [1] + Cannonable-Still requires reloading of cannon and watching off prayer/drops.

Dagannoth: [1] + Cannonable-You do take a lot of damage if you cannon even at 99 defence.

Dark beast: You actually have to pay attention on these-No you don't I have melee prayer on and let my character kill 3+ of them before I switch back and pick up drops and repot my prayer.

Dust devil: Facemask: [1]-Correct

Fire giant: Safespot at waterfall/Guthan: [1]-You can't just afk guthan these things it's inefficient and noone does it. You have to watch health and such so not realy something you should look away from.

Gargoyle: Hammer them: [1]-They are annoying to hammer and you will not know when to hammer everytime so you have to pay attention.

Gorak: Slight attention required, but mostly minimised if you have bunyip-Correct

Greater demon: [1]-Correct

Hellhound: [1]-Correct

Iron/Steel dragon: Have antifire and Prot melee for Meleers: [1]-Still requires paying attention for prayer, drops, and antifire repotting.

Kalphite: [1] + Cannonable-Not realy much to worry about besides cannonballs and antipoisons.

Mithril dragon: Have to actually watch out with these. Luckily, you won't ever have to kill more than 9.-Correct

Necrychael: You can safespot them: [1], otherwise slight attention required-If you do them in CT like me and have atleast 5 of them on you while your titan finish off the end of the ones you attacked to 1/8 HP you need to pay attention to call familiar and click off the monster. I've only seen one person safespot ranging nechs in my entire slayer career so it's not effective. They do also hit quite decent making it so you either have to click food, guthans, or titan scroll.

Scabarites: [1] + Cannonable-Sort of

Skeletal wyvern: Attention required, good thing you can safespot them.-Correct

Spiritual mage: Proper magic defence/Prot from Magic: [1]-You still need to watch prayer if you use it.

Suqah: South side: [1]-Correct

Warped terrorbird: Attention required-Correct

Waterfiend: Attention required-Realy because I click it and read the forums while I do them?

As said above your 78 slayer and most likely havn't killed thousands of these monster before to realy rate them properly and you were way off on dark beasts one of the tasks you can actually AFK by definition. I myself manage to browse the forums while runecrafting because of the lag time from clicking place such as the altar or the abyssal places(pregraahk). Hunter it's not hard to listen for the traps to catch or fall so you can flip back quick and do um and go back to browsing. Firemaking and mining are can't afk your correct there.

Slayer is not afk maybe you can browse the forums for 20-30 seconds or so but thats about it and what about skills like woodcutting or fishing? Coupled with it being very slay and it's none afkable tasks it is not something everyone enjoys doing to 99.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012