May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never expected this much [cabbage] by you lot. Seriously. All I ever see in this thread is people [bleep]ing over the fact that this is not a 90+ monster.

FFS, stop being so stuck up. 78 is high and you lot have no right, whatsoever, to diminish in any way just because you can pump more hours in Slayer than the average guy can. If you feel bad about not getting anything to kill after 90, don't train it? If all you guys ever do is moan about it.

I thought this thread'd be about people praising the fact that Jagex finally released something for Slayer in the 70+ level range, which is quite some time ago since they done it. Be happy. Crafting, Herblore, Runecrafting, Farming, Construction, Firemaking, Fishing, Cooking, Fletching, Agility and Mining aren't as lucky.

I also expected speculation on the new item, but this has been dwarved by you already pushing the entire thing aside due to the level.

For high levels, you sure do act as immature whiners you see on the RSOF rant forum. Which I'd expect from the RSOF, but I thought this forum had a bit more maturity.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Whoever made the concept art for this monster must been really bored...perhaps he is a pokemon fan...

I just know, that there is artists out there that could do better job. Perhaps some here on TIF...

It's just not that cool or "monster" looking. It's like someone has cut out the face of a fish and put it on a toad.

What the hell. What is with everyone and this whole Pokemon kick? Are you all like...twelve?

I did not expect such outlash against concept art. Honestly, you think it looks like a Pokemon? So what? Who gives a damn? Just give the creature a name already and quit acting like brats!

78 Slayer is a nice level for a new Slayer NPC anyway. It's kind of at the middle roads for a slayer. Should be interesting what it drops.

I'll wind up suggesting a name for it later...gotta look up some Icelandic names for sea creatures.

[Why Icelandic? Here's a hint: Neitiznot.]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

What the hell. What is with everyone and this whole Pokemon kick? Are you all like...twelve?

I did not expect such outlash against concept art. Honestly, you think it looks like a Pokemon? So what? Who gives a damn? Just give the creature a name already and quit acting like brats!

78 Slayer is a nice level for a new Slayer NPC anyway. It's kind of at the middle roads for a slayer. Should be interesting what it drops.

I'll wind up suggesting a name for it later...gotta look up some Icelandic names for sea creatures.

[Why Icelandic? Here's a hint: Neitiznot.]

I don't know about Neitiznot, but whole Fremenrik/Relleka area is based on Norwegian/Swedish culture...

EDIT: I checked a list over NPCS on Neizinot island, and they are all familiar Swedish/Norwegian names...

I never expected this much [cabbage] by you lot. Seriously. All I ever see in this thread is people [bleep] over the fact that this is not a 90+ monster.

FFS, stop being so stuck up. 78 is high and you lot have no right, whatsoever, to diminish in any way just because you can pump more hours in Slayer than the average guy can. If you feel bad about not getting anything to kill after 90, don't train it? If all you guys ever do is moan about it.

I thought this thread'd be about people praising the fact that Jagex finally released something for Slayer in the 70+ level range, which is quite some time ago since they done it. Be happy. Crafting, Herblore, Runecrafting, Farming, Construction, Firemaking, Fishing, Cooking, Fletching, Agility and Mining aren't as lucky.

I also expected speculation on the new item, but this has been dwarved by you already pushing the entire thing aside due to the level.

For high levels, you sure do act as immature whiners you see on the RSOF rant forum. Which I'd expect from the RSOF, but I thought this forum had a bit more maturity.

Dude. 78 is not high. There are numerous things to do in that level range: Kurasks at 70, Wyverns at 72, Gargs at 75, Nechs at 80, Spiritual Mages at 83, Abby Demons at 85, Dark Beasts at 90, then it hits a BRICK WALL. There is NOTHING from 90-99, which is over 7m experience. People like YOU are why this game sucks so bad for high leveled players.

td2sig.jpg

I never expected this much [cabbage] by you lot. Seriously. All I ever see in this thread is people [bleep] over the fact that this is not a 90+ monster.

Dude. 78 is not high. There are numerous things to do in that level range: Kurasks at 70, Wyverns at 72, Gargs at 75, Nechs at 80, Spiritual Mages at 83, Abby Demons at 85, Dark Beasts at 90, then it hits a BRICK WALL. There is NOTHING from 90-99, which is over 7m experience. People like YOU are why this game sucks so bad for high leveled players.

Exactly, just because someone is angry and frustrated does not mean that they are throwing a tantrum and being immature.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

All your base assumptions are frankly wrong.

As previously stated, just under 80k people have 78 slayer already (this will be over 100k by the time the monster comes out). Therefore, you cannot say that 78 is high level or that we are whining because we put more hours into slayer. And a high level slayer monster would give more incentive to people at lower levels, because the exp and profit at spiritual mages already borders that of abyssal demons, and both are far greater than the dark beasts at 90. God forbid you would have to train or prepare to do something in the game...

Also, many of the skills you mentioned already have lots of high-end content:

• [*:2b0gxxhy]Crafting has armor, glassmaking, and jewelry in the 80s - many things, in fact.

[*:2b0gxxhy]Runecrafting lets you craft more multiples in the 90s.

[*:2b0gxxhy]Construction has a ton of furniture to make in the 90s

[*:2b0gxxhy]Fletching has dragon ammo at higher levels

[*:2b0gxxhy]Cooking, you don't burn sharks with gauntlets at level 94

2496 Completionist

While I understand that for people who are in the 90s, one level takes a very long time, that doesn't diminish the time it takes to get from 1-78 slayer.

1-78 slayer = 1,629,200

90-99 slayer = 7,688,099

To me, I think nearly 8m xp without a new monster to kill is outrageous.

I calculated it, and 58% of slayer is spent without a single new thing to do.

well you are partly right , but remember - it takes longer to make those 1629200 exp at the beggining .. (goblins and etcs ...) and at 90-99 you are higher combat too so you have better xp/hour rate ... but still 90-99 takes longer.

While I understand that for people who are in the 90s, one level takes a very long time, that doesn't diminish the time it takes to get from 1-78 slayer.

1-78 slayer = 1,629,200

90-99 slayer = 7,688,099

To me, I think nearly 8m xp without a new monster to kill is outrageous.

I calculated it, and 58% of slayer is spent without a single new thing to do.

well you are partly right , but remember - it takes longer to make those 1629200 exp at the beggining .. (goblins and etcs ...) and at 90-99 you are higher combat too so you have better xp/hour rate ... but still 90-99 takes longer.

1629200 < 7.5m

By a LOT.

1629200 < 7.5m

By a LOT.

thats why I said he is still right

1.6<7.5 but when you look at the time you'd need to achieve 1.6m (if you arent already 136th lvl before that ... lets say your combat increases as your slayer increases) it should be similiar to 3.2>7.5 (or half the way) still 3.3 dif is A LOT.

So much whining from high level Slayers.. boo freaking hoo. The lowest level 78 slayer is ranked 72,872 out of 2,000,000!!! We all know you want a new high level slayer monster that drops some fantabulous weapon that you can sell for obscene amounts of money but you'll have to wait a bit longer, there are only 7,469 of you afterall. People are so elitist about Slayer it's depressing. I'm not whining that there isn't a fish I can catch at level 95 that heals 30 or perhaps an elder magic tree that I can cut its logs from to sell for 10 times the price of a magic one.

The creature looks good and 78 is a good place to put it. My first thought on seeing it was that it looked like the bad guys (Aquaphibians) from Stingray (a marionette tv show from the mid 60s) but the boss dude was called Titan and there are already titan familiars so that's not really appropriate. Some kind of reference to the show would be cool though, in one of the episodes there was a temple called Tajmanon for example. Alternatively its clearly some kind of Angler fish/monster which comes from the latin family Ceratioidea. Perhaps some kind of variation on that could be used. Ceratidoid flashed in my mind.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I wouldn't mind having a level 92/95 slayer monster coming out to keep me inspired to continue raising slayer. Although I have no complaints about this new one, I just hope it's somewhat enjoyable to kill, whether it's for exp, drops or whatever other reason.

Regardless of whether you think this slayer monster is high or not, don't forget that this is Jagex's game and to them, the level 70 region is high. The chances of us seeing updates to skills in the 90's region are nothing more than godsends, they'll come.

Dark_Jab.png

Why is everyone whining about adding a new high level monster to a skill, where you have to fight RANDOMLY ASSIGNED enemies?

Isn't it good enough when the high level Slayer masters assign this... thing?

The key problem of slayer is, that we don't have anything to look forward to after lvl 90 (or perhaps, even after lvl 85), and we have a crap load of monsters in the lvl range that this new monster is in. Jagex should bridge the gap in the higher level region, and not add yet another low levelled monster.

There's so much low levelled content.. before you've done it all, you're a high level and find it boring.

The problem with that argument Baukie is that Slayer isn't the only skill affected by the "everything is at low levels" problem. Many of the other skills, despite some having stuff at higher levels, pretty much require you to do the same low level thing over and over again for max efficiency/money.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So let me get this straight.

78 Slayer is low

85 Slayer is medium

95 Slayer is high

Thats like saying a level 110 combat is low

126 is medium

138 is high

99 Firemaking and Strength are low because more people have that then 78 slayer.

Flawed logic if you ask me. :roll:

I think the new monster will be ok.

Dont rant about something which isnt released yet. :?

yup thoes numbers are about right.

99 strength is lame because everyone can get it so easy.

I have nothing but respect for firemaking capes, its not an easy cape to get, i dont care what anyone says. Try a few days of solid FM. I didn't even make it 3 hours before i wanted to murder myself.

Fools_Taco.png

Why is everyone whining about adding a new high level monster to a skill, where you have to fight RANDOMLY ASSIGNED enemies?

The key problem of slayer is, that we don't have anything to look forward to after lvl 90 (or perhaps, even after lvl 85), and we have a crap load of monsters in the lvl range that this new monster is in. Jagex should bridge the gap in the higher level region, and not add yet another low levelled monster.

There's so much low levelled content.. before you've done it all, you're a high level and find it boring.

So? I dont have anything to look forward to after 82 herblore and im 99, as I said previously in this post, these skills need fixing first. Slayer already has a level 90-required monster.

78 is a decent, intermediate requirement for any skill.

I would of preferred to see a 95 or something slayer monster, but 78 is still relatively high leveled as far as slayer monsters go. I'm excited as this means the drops it has will probably be worthwhile, and I love aquatic monsters so this should be fun for me.

It uses water magic though? Might have to pray on him then.

If you only need 78 slayer to kill this monster, whatever it drops is going to be completely worthless. Any noob will be able to kill it.

Fools_Taco.png

So? I dont have anything to look forward to after 82 herblore and im 99, as I said previously in this post, these skills need fixing first. Slayer already has a level 90-required monster.

78 is a decent, intermediate requirement for any skill.

Herblore doesn't need fixing first, that's your personal opinion. And herblore has nothing to do with the decision of releasing a low level monster where a high level one is needed.

If Jagex decides to bring out a new monster, and takes the time to develop one, then I have no idea why it should be yet another low one, since we already have plenty of monsters in that region. When it comes to slayer, 90+ should have priority.