Why oh why! Higher levels left in the dust!

Atom Smash40

im crashing him for crashing someone else. if you kill a murderer, does it make you a murderer? maybe so, but you have a legitimate reason.

As someone else has already stated, two wrongs don't make a right, Just because he crashed someone else, doesn't mean you have to get involved. I do agree however that if the level 133 was there first, then the other player should of respected his superior and left.

Rofl superior? :lol: Since when did levels make anyone superior, particularly when combat levels have [bleep] all to do with mining. He should have respected him as another player, not as a [bleep] superior.

Well..His mining level was superior..

Zerker_jane.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im crashing him for crashing someone else. if you kill a murderer, does it make you a murderer? maybe so, but you have a legitimate reason.

As someone else has already stated, two wrongs don't make a right, Just because he crashed someone else, doesn't mean you have to get involved. I do agree however that if the level 133 was there first, then the other player should of respected his superior and left.

Rofl superior? :lol: Since when did levels make anyone superior, particularly when combat levels have [bleep] all to do with mining. He should have respected him as another player, not as a [bleep] superior.

Well..His mining level was superior..

Thats not the point. The player was there first, regardless of any level. People in this game have no respect. Same goes for slayer, people are always taking spots from others, and if the person fights back then verbal insults are thrown around. I guess in a game most people revert to a twelve year old.

swordwarior.png

He could just have faster reactions and beat you to the rock.

And if its a lower level ore, its more about reactions than your level.

es, i took that into account, but even when i clicked the rock first, he often got it before me.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I often beat level 95-99 miners at rune rocks. I'm not complaining. \'

However, I often click first and I believe that helps. I have been beated by people with a lower leve than myself, who are using stouts to raise their level. I imagine it must help enough, even if it keeps their level below my own. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Mining =/= Woodcutting.

Atom, just leave the spot, honestly.

There are 60+ members worlds, that's 60+ zarfot spots at any given time.

It's messed up, but then again this isn't a competing for resource skill, it's a competition for ores.

I beat kids with 21 mining at iron, and I have 91 :D

Just mine iron, stop whining, and try and beat me noob :P

I used to get mad at spot stealers, and while I still don't like them, I realized that it's a necessary evil in a game where the creator (Jagex) purposely creates a scarce amount of resources to work with. That's why I don't care about crashing at Bandos anymore... If you try to hop for an empty world, you will waste an hour or more... And then you'll probably end up being crashed sooner or later anyway.

td2sig.jpg

I don't design games for Jagex, so I can't tell you exactly how the system works, but I can try to make a guess based on playing the game.

The computer AI uses a sort of "random" number generator. Think of it like rolling dice. Let's say the number values are between 1 and 10, 10 means you get the ore as quickly as possible, and 1 means it will be slow. Each time you click on an ore, The computer "rolls the dice" for you and assigns a number. This ultimately determines your luck. Why do it like this? To create a little bit of chance in the game so that it's not determined entirely by your levels.

However, your levels and equipment do affect the dice you are rolling. The big question would be by how much and I don't know. But a lvl 40 miner wielding a rune pickaxe can one-hit the iron ore just like a lvl 99 miner with a rune pickaxe. This says that any number you roll on the dice (save for the very lowest number you could roll) will produce the same one-hit outcome.

When it comes to low level ores, the lvl 40 miner's odds are much more even against the lvl 90+, because most rolls for either one will give the same results. This is where you will see more of an outcome such as you describe, where the lower lvl miner's success is being determined more by his timing and luck than what his lvl is giving him. If you the two miners went to a higher level ore, such as gold or higher where you it usually takes more than one-hitting it, you should see the higher lvl miner win out more. Some people may claim different because they've seen one time a miner with lower lvl beat out a higher lvl on gold or mith, but that would be because of a result of lucky rolls. Over the long haul, like say an hour or so, the higher lvl would dominate the higher rocks.

The real problem with mining is there aren't enough high level ores to go around for miners. The only sensible option is to train on low-level, "junk" ores. The equipment, which I believe can have a greater influence on your results than your levels, stops at lvl 40.

rssig2.png

I remember a few years back I finally had gotten into the mining guild as a f2per. I found myself constantly beating out high levels for the coal/mith at 60 mining when they were at least 20 levels higher than me.

What I'm saying is that I find mining to be extremely unfair, as all that higher levels mean is that you can mine different ore, not mine them faster.

80aa0daff6.png

Nate's Big Blog

4,000th to 99 crafting, 33,340th to 99 defence, 3,867th to 99 farming, 55,293rd to 99 hitpoints

Mining =/= Woodcutting.

Atom, just leave the spot, honestly.

There are 60+ members worlds, that's 60+ zarfot spots at any given time.

It's messed up, but then again this isn't a competing for resource skill, it's a competition for ores.

I beat kids with 21 mining at iron, and I have 91 :D

Just mine iron, stop whining, and try and beat me noob :P

that didnt help at all, and if you read correctly, he was at the 3 rocks south, not zarfot. GFSON, read whole post next time noob

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Thats not the point. The player was there first, regardless of any level. People in this game have no respect. Same goes for slayer, people are always taking spots from others, and if the person fights back then verbal insults are thrown around. I guess in a game most people revert to a twelve year old.

This has been, and unless there's a major revamp always will be, the biggest problem with Mining. It's a gathering skill where only one person can get one item from each spawn (unlike Fishing or Woodcutting). Combine this with a wide-spread lack of respect for other players (especially in F2P :wall:) and you have one of the hardest skills to train to a high level.

Once you hit level 45 Mining, the only determining factor when using iron for powermining is your connection speed to the servers. Even if you could one-hit the higher level ores, none of them respawn fast enough to be worth power training on.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Theres so many players in this game and theres only so many rocks to go around.

So, gotta go steal other peoples.

Why? Why do you feel you're so much better than the person who got there first that you "gotta go steal other peoples"? Do you have that little respect for your fellow players? How do you feel when it happens to you? Why not simply jump worlds until you find a free spot? There's always a free spot somewhere.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Why? Why do you feel you're so much better than the person who got there first that you "gotta go steal other peoples"? Do you have that little respect for your fellow players? How do you feel when it happens to you? Why not simply jump worlds until you find a free spot? There's always a free spot somewhere.

Just because your there first dosent mean its yours.

I personally think that, because they were there first, they had there turn and it should be my turn, don't they have any respect for me? [/[cabbage]]

But seriously, you can argue both ways, its not there spot because they were there first, and its not my spot because i went there last, its both our spots, so we share it, or steal his spot.

O.O

That is kinda weird. You would think the crasher would not mine as well as you all, but he did...

I dont know. I have seen this happen a LONG time ago. I was like 30 some mining, and people with just 25 mining were getting all the iron :(

I guess thats how it is sometimes

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

That is kinda weird. You would think the crasher would not mine as well as you all, but he did...

I dont know. I have seen this happen a LONG time ago. I was like 30 some mining, and people with just 25 mining were getting all the iron :(

I guess thats how it is sometimes

Well with Iron, it's mined so fast that what matters is who clicks the fraction of a second faster. Mining level barely effects it after a little while.

It's a game. I take whatever I can get. Respect in an online game? Give me a break. If you want to be all social, go hang out with friends or something. As long as you don't cheat, there's no problem with crashing, stealing or whatever the game will let you do.

It's called competition.

Beat them, join them or surrender.

I sort of want to sig this, but it wouldn't make much sense to people not knowing where it was posted.

Hence why my mining is still level 76.

I can't stand the competition like that, I'm too slow now. :P

But yes, I think that you out-leveling him by 9 levels should be

able to beat him in the speed of mining ore.

It doesn't make sense that you don't. :\

EDIT: Nevermind my mining is at 75.. that's how slow I am. lol