Sign in to follow this  
n_odie

Stand or tumble?

Ok, I know that is kinda a dumb title but it portrays my thoughts in a decent illustration.

RS started as such a small game that over time has grown into what we know it as today. Jagex knowing they will have a large user base strait off leaves them with a dilemma. IS the game going to be released as a large mmo with un-accessed abilities that may be such for months? Or will they release it in parts and new quest opening new horizons much like RS?

Will the economics and wealth of MS be similar to what RS was at the beginning? Or will it bloom with thousands of gold seekers coming strait in the game? Will those fond memories of a Rune Platebody be repeated?

Will people play the game for the game or solely to power level there way to the first maxed skill? Is this a doomed beginning?

Will MS be able to establish the roots before it grows. We all know a tree only stands if the roots are strong enough. I am personally happy to see a beta as that should be a good beginning. :)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Interesting thoughts. I personally think that there will be a whole lot of powerlevelers, so they might have a shot of being like Zezima. It'll be packed with tons of people trying to find the best skilling spots, and there will be lag. Very much lag. As for economics, well, somewhere JaGEx stated that in MS, there will be no urge for people to RWT, so I think there will be about no resemblance to RS economics. Oh, and as for the beta? As a pmod, I would probably be able to pursue it, and if i could, I would do so eagerly. ::'

2203069_Fallout-3-Signature-Feel-Free-To-Use_620.jpg

What I'm hoping for, is, that the leveling system won't exist. They will come up with a new variation on the leveling system of RS.

And in relations to Beta, I heard somewhere that valued Members will be having the Beta.

I've read there will be NO RWT straight off the bat, which is awesome. I also read that they already have about the size of Runescape currently content-wise for when it opens and a year's worth of updates ready to roll.

I WILL be playing the Beta even if it kills me, even if I have to travel down to Cambridge and demand at gunpoint to play, I will. I'm SO pumped about this release I can barely contain it. I do think members will be getting the option of Beta... at least they better do... =P~

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Thats the big dillema, personally i wouldnt mind if jagex released the game under a false company brand and it started jsut as runescape, then telling everybody they made it about a year after release. I think there will be way to many power-levellers straight away which will ruin the fun to be honest.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think it's going to start big. As you pointed out, they've already got a large player base for it, plus in articles & interviews I've read (don't ask me for links, look it up yourself), Jagex have stated that they've already got a decent amount of content in the game ready to satisfy everybody at launch.

On the subject of levelling, I read somewhere that 'skilling' is going to be different from RuneScape. The developers at Jagex are trying to make progressing through levels less of a grind, & more of an activity that does not lose it's appeal as fast as, let's say, fletching bows/mining ores/cutting down trees.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Thats the big dillema, personally i wouldnt mind if jagex released the game under a false company brand and it started jsut as runescape, then telling everybody they made it about a year after release. I think there will be way to many power-levellers straight away which will ruin the fun to be honest.

I don't see why they would do that. After all, Jagex would be crazy not to take advantage of their popularity in order to gain more members.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Doomed from the beginning

I think the 'average joe' will spend their time trying to collect things they think might be rare, and in doing so, making them not so rare

If its possible to power level in this game I'm sure there will also be those kinds of people who feel the need to become number 1 instantly without getting an actual feel for the game

I personally doubt it will be as good as Rs and I will probably stick to runescape

Jamje.png

null and void

I believe Mod MMG said that members of more than a few months in a row will be able to play Beta in one of his question answering sessions. I believe I read this on MechscapeWorld.

Admiral_Caro.png

I believe Mod MMG said that members of more than a few months in a row will be able to play Beta in one of his question answering sessions. I believe I read this on MechscapeWorld.

We talking runescape members? because I've been in the boat for a good 5 years now. :lol:

Popoto.~<3

Every low leveled person will switch to Mechscape at first, then race to become the best. Once the excitment dies down, the people who dont like mechscape will come back to rs.

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

I'd personally like to see a slow build up like with Runescape instead of throwing us into a game that's already got so much stuff in it we won't know what to do. That being said, I think it's going to be one hell of a game either way, though I don't think I'll drop Runescape for it, just share between the two games.

I'm really looking forward to mechscape pVp. It probably won't hold up to the sheer awesomeness I'm imagining though.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

We talking runescape members? because I've been in the boat for a good 5 years now. :lol:

I believe it was Runescape but it might very well be Funorb as well.

Admiral_Caro.png

I believe it was Runescape but it might very well be Funorb as well.

Fudge, guessing with the Mechscape release close I should probably renew my membership . . . nah. If Mechscape is good enough for me to go back to the world of all the [developmentally delayed]s who made up runescape, I'll be happy.

It'll start out huge in beta.

If it's a great game, it'll lose popularity but after a few months grow at a higher rate than Runescape in percentage average.

If it's not as good as Runescape, it'll start losing popularity within the first few weeks and decline to a core amount of players. Eventually it may pick up but looking at the history of MMO's, it won't revive.

If it's on par with Runescape (I hope not, because Runescape is quite old with it's skill and turn-based combat system) then it'll just be neutral until the updates are released periodically increasing the userbase.

I won't be surprised to see huge numbers of power-levelers - though, I may be wrong, as it is aimed at a older target market.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Interesting thoughts. I personally think that there will be a whole lot of powerlevelers.

Although JaGEX has stated that the leveling system will be very different- it could even be a way in which powerleveling is impossible.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

by the looks of it jagex has confirmed that there will not be skills or xp like any traditional mmo has. super excited about this game, i like the fact that it has a higher age target (hoping to see a little more maturity than recently in RS)

The author is pretty much assuming that there will be powerlevels, by the looks of it, though, I am guessing they should be called "powerwalkers" (I think you gain xp from exploration, not grinding).

But, if Jagex plays their cards right and releases a Runescape 2.0, all new, with just the basic concepts of RS + more, I'd be happy :) .

If they actually try mention rs in MS, or if they make some characters in both games though, i'd be pissed, I don't want to see an Aubury or a King Roald in that game.

22031_s.gif

what if its all a hoax?

Rich_Luke1_.png