No more freeloading in Fishing Trawler

Troacctid

Here's something that's long overdue. I didn't see this being discussed, and I thought it deserved its own thread.

From the "Game Updates FAQ - 19/05/09" on RSOF, Quick find code: 15-16-541-58855656:

"I really like the Soul Wars activity bar, will you be implementing something similar to the Fishing Trawler?"

As this is quite a new approach for us, we first wanted to see how successful it was in Soul Wars.

Now, due to feedback, we shall be applying the same method (with a few tweaks) to the Trawler.

In other words, Fishing Trawler is going to have a activity bar just like Soul Wars. That means Jagex is finally doing something about freeloaders. Took 'em long enough!

I think it sounds good. I hate going above deck to fix the net, only to find some random level 50-odd yelling "get back to work, slave!". I think seeing them get kicked off the boat would be pretty great :thumbup:

I'm hesitant. There's not really a whole lot to do on a trawling boat theme world if everyone's doing their job right.

This will make sure that everyone is doing their job, what bad could come from that? :P

More competition.

I like the idea of activity bars though, good job.

I'm hesitant. There's not really a whole lot to do on a trawling boat theme world if everyone's doing their job right.

This will make sure that everyone is doing their job, what bad could come from that? :P

Well think of how the soul wars bar works, right? IF you stop doing stuff to help the progress of the game, your bar decreases.

Say you're working below deck on a themed world. Ideally, with so many people there your boat should rarely fill up with water. That means all that's left is patching holes and repairing rope. Now think of how many times you try to patch a hole but you're beat to it.

Now think of when you actually have a timeframe to refill your bar before you're booted from the trawler for inactivity and have to start all over again.

Mind you it's just speculation and I'm sure their balancers will take that into account (I hope :pray:)

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm sure they've already thought of the whole shortage of work thing... if Jagex does it right, activity would be based on clicking to perform an action, and not necessarily completing it. I suppose people could beat the system by clicking a hole in the ship and veering away before reaching the hole, but... well that's just plain ridiculous.

Well think of how the soul wars bar works, right? IF you stop doing stuff to help the progress of the game, your bar decreases.

Say you're working below deck on a themed world. Ideally, with so many people there your boat should rarely fill up with water. That means all that's left is patching holes and repairing rope. Now think of how many times you try to patch a hole but you're beat to it.

Now think of when you actually have a timeframe to refill your bar before you're booted from the trawler for inactivity and have to start all over again.

Mind you it's just speculation and I'm sure their balancers will take that into account (I hope :pray:)

Ahh, I see what you're saying. They'll most likely make tweaks to it to prevent this from becoming a problem, and if they don't at first they will update it soon after.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Well, even if there is a way to stop the inactivity meter without actually performing an action, it still means that they will have to click something in order to prevent getting booted, and why would you work so hard not to work when you could just do something useful instead? At that point it wouldn't be AFK because of the clicking, and if you're really that dedicated to not helping, that just makes you some sort of social pariah.

8f14270694.jpg

Who knows, maybe Murphy will buy some more ships, and there will be multiple games going on at once? That way there will be just enough people to do every job on the boat.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!