Macroers getting rebanned

Omali

As you are aware Jagex takes macroing very seriously and is committed to removing all players who seek to gain an unfair advantage through the use of third party software.

It has come to our attention that with the introduction of the new offence system a small number of accounts previously caught macroing may have been let back into game due to a technical glitch. We are not unbanning macroers. We are currently compiling the list of these accounts and we will be re-issuing these bans.

Quick find code: 15-16-900-58879724

Thank you Mod Gus. When the new ban system was revealed, a few select tip.it'ers gloated about being unbanned despite a history of macroing and rwt'ing.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on the RSOF:

Well thanks a lot.

One of my accounts was recently unbanned for 'autoing' (which I might add I didn't do..) and now I see an announcement at the top of the page that says that you're going to be re-banning the accounts.

Well, I recently put a years membership on it ($140 AUD)

Will I get my money redeemed?

Harsh, but I lol'd.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Found this on the RSOF:

Well thanks a lot.

One of my accounts was recently unbanned for 'autoing' (which I might add I didn't do..) and now I see an announcement at the top of the page that says that you're going to be re-banning the accounts.

Harsh, but I lol'd.

fail, hehe. It does say in the terms and conditions there are no refunds if you get banned.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You know when you've gotten off for a ban you know that you don't really deserve, the decision might be reversed at any time. Granted, they've really been flaky as of late about what's right or wrong (which may be a consequence of development or new management), but things don't change overnight.

Regardless of the situation, you should know that in their big ol' legal agreement document, it says that if you've violated the terms of the agreement, they can take away your account and not refund the membership.

8f14270694.jpg

In this case he will have to get his money back because they let him back in the game, so IF he did nothing illegal this time then hes fine and has to be refunded, if not he can sew them.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

In this case he will have to get his money back because they let him back in the game, so IF he did nothing illegal this time then hes fine and has to be refunded, if not he can sew them.
He can't sue them due to their agreement, but it would make for some really, and I mean really, bad publicity.

Honestly, the best thing for Jagex to do is to only re-ban them if they commit the offense again. As I said before, banning people who just got their accounts back and put money in them without a refund would be horrible for their reputation.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

He can sew whatever he wants for Jagex. Socks, hats, shirts. I don't think it'll change their mind.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Not even a chaos elemental hat?

*imagines a poofy thing with tentacles sitting atop a person's head*

Whenever you squeeze it, it would make a backwards squeaking noise.

8f14270694.jpg

We also do not give refunds to players who have been banned from the game for violating the terms and conditions of use, including the Rules of RuneScape.

Good luck

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That's too bad that they are re-banning them. I am all for giving second chances, if they broke the rules again sure, ban them. But if they were un-banned and were obeying the rules, why ban them again? :-k

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I'm not cool with Jagex banning these people again. Some of them spent money; how could they have known that this was a mistake on Jagex's part? I was under the impression that all of this second chance stuff applied to everybody, and I'm sure that they did as well.

I know that they probably wont be refunded, but Ravenkana is right about them getting really bad publicity for this. They really need to reconsider things. I'm not even affected by this, but I'll make a post or two on the RSOF if it happens.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Well i think for this matter Jagex can be sued.

That non refund rule counts for if you are banned for a reason. If Jagex gives those people a second chance and then they just ban them again those who payed money to play again can get their money back.

Calm_Koala.png

Although I dislike people who macro, I find it unfair if JaGex won't refund membership when they get rebanned. I mean, seriously, they thought they got their account back, paid for the game, and in return they get banned again. I think it's totally fair that these accounts get rebanned, but if JaGex just takes their money, be prepared to get a bad reputation.

Edit - I totally agree with monnik... I was typing this before he submitted his reply O.O

Found this on the RSOF:

Well thanks a lot.

Harsh, but I lol'd.

fail, hehe. It does say in the terms and conditions there are no refunds if you get banned.

Yeah, but he was unbanned. It's true that he did cheat before (maybe, he says he didn't, but idk what to make of that), but in any case I think it's unfair for jagex to unban someone, then take their money just to reban them regardless of the reason they were originally banned...

Lagatag.png

Seems unfair and fair at the same time. Fair in the fact that they broke the rules, and deserved the permanent bans, but unfair that they were unbanned through Jagex's mistake, and then rebanned. :?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Found this on the RSOF:

Well thanks a lot.

Harsh, but I lol'd.

Haha, ouch. As others have said, I think it is a bit much to re-ban him and cause him to lose all that money, considering that he has not done anything wrong since being unbanned. However, I think he may have sent in his money a little prematurely, it is a well known fact that Jagex doesn't like macroers too much.

I say give them another chance. If they actually macroed, then the game is going to be boring training legitly. Also, if they have been banned for a while then any advantage they gained macroing is offset by the lengthy ban(except for the fact that they didn't gain the levels themselves)...

Give them a second chance, if they get caught again, drop the ban-hammer.

off topic: Honestly, I don't see macroing as a terrible thing. Runescape is a grinding game that is very repetative. Macroing teaches a low-level real life skill (programming/scripting). In my opinion, it would be pretty cool if Jagex implemented their own macroing system. Make it so you have to develop your own code and that copying code results in revoking the privilage. Because there is no copy and paste in runescape, the only way people would be able to do this is to type it all out and then someone else copies it.

Similiar to how schools teach programming languages, if some code is similar, both the person who copies and the person who gave them the code would have the privilege revoked.

I'm sure there are many flaws in this like similar code by coincidence and I'm also sure that many people will disagree with this, and I'm positive this would never be implemented, but it's kind of a fun idea.

w4M8t.png

Thats unfair on Jagex's part. You can't unban them then reban them. That seems a bit wrong.

It may be wrong, or even immortal or sadistic, but it's all ok to do, legally at least. After all, remember that ultimately, JAGEX owns all the accounts and all of the items/achievements on it, NOT you.

it's happened before, they unbanned a handful of players and they paid for whatever amount of membership before getting rebanned due to a "mistake" as jagex referred to it. they refunded those players

What?

m_theory11.png