Macroers getting rebanned

Omali

Alright, I'll trust you on the subject :P

But I was wondering what happens if you make legal obligations. Theoretically speaking you could try and prevent the contract from getting revoked by means of law, right? Naturally, nobody will ever do that, but I suppose you have the possibility as a paying customer. Am I right?

It all depends on the seriousness of the infringement. In the case of it only being RS it would never go to court, a Judge would laugh in your face, but lets say it does reach court. What i believe will happen is that a court will order a full refund but they will also put in an order that will prevent you from playing RS ever again. Its like a restraining order, you will be restrained from RS.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and spend thousands of dollars on a court case so you can get your $140 back. Please by all means do it.

Obviouslt they wont just go to court for that. They will throw in a few other charges like emotional damage, etc.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Go ahead and spend thousands of dollars on a court case so you can get your $140 back. Please by all means do it.

Obviouslt they wont just go to court for that. They will throw in a few other charges like emotional damage, etc.

"I fought the law, and the law won".

I think too many people are following their emotions, and relating to the fact that yes, it is a bummer to lose $140 no matter what. It doesn't mean the person is entitled to have it back though.

There are way to many technicalities in Jagex' favour in a case like this worth mentioning. But in any court instance Jagex would win. (Except court-tv which is a joke).

I think too many people are following their emotions, and relating to the fact that yes, it is a bummer to lose $140 no matter what. It doesn't mean the person is entitled to have it back though.

There are way to many technicalities in Jagex' favour in a case like this worth mentioning. But in any court instance Jagex would win. (Except court-tv which is a joke).

If the player has a good defense he could easily win. I myself can come up with a lot of good reasons why i should win over Jagex. If i was ever to lose my account i'm pretty sure i could get a few hundred thousand out of Jagex if i play my card right.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I think what's more important than the theoretical court case, is that Jagex's reputation would be severely damaged if they did not refund those costumers. I probably would be very weary of a game if I knew that the makers were so unjust. That just seems... unethical. They may technically have the right to screw those players over, but it would be very morally wrong to do so, in my opinion.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think what's more important than the theoretical court case, is that Jagex's reputation would be severely damaged if they did not refund those costumers. I probably would be very weary of a game if I knew that the makers were so unjust. That just seems... unethical. They may technically have the right to screw those players over, but it would be very morally wrong to do so, in my opinion.

Wait wait WAIT!. Lemme get this straight. Youre saying that someone who breaks a contract should get his money back because it would be unethicall not to get it back? Oh yeah suree, like breaking contract isn't unethicall. Enough people would stand by jagex and make sure that nothing bad happens if a case like this was ever to arrise. There is nothing unethicall about not refunding. Infact, it isnt really "refunding", its more like taking a donation.

EDIT: Free players also get banned and they are probably the ones who make jaxeg the most money from the adds, wonder why no one has mentioned this. They also pay for the service in some way, if you think about it. Saying a member can ask for a refund is like saying a free player should get all those clicks back that he used on the adds, or he should get some portion of the money earned from those adds.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

You all are forgetting one thing! Jagex unbanned these accounts because of an error on there part.

Its like I get charge with a crime, claim innocent, proved guilty, repeal, proved innocent, and then start my life again. Even if jagex can prove that these accounts macroed, if they unbanned them, its not right for them to reban them after the customer invested into the account(time or money).

Jagex should give a chance but keep close watch in my opinion(parole)

w4M8t.png

If the player has a good defense he could easily win. I myself can come up with a lot of good reasons why i should win over Jagex. If i was ever to lose my account i'm pretty sure i could get a few hundred thousand out of Jagex if i play my card right.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't. But it would be exciting to see if you could.

Everybody here thinks they are gods gift to humanity. And a seemingly good idea can just as easily get shot down in court by lawyers who are specialized in electronic gaming, and I'm sure jagex has more than one of those on their payroll. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be the first to try and milk a cash cow lol.

If i was ever to lose my account i'm pretty sure i could get a few hundred thousand out of Jagex if i play my card right.

Please don't be offended, but if you ever become licensed to practice law (and that's assuming that you haven't already disqualified yourself through the unauthorized practice of law by offering unlicensed legal advice in this forum), then you will realize how silly this boast is.

punitivedsig.png

Ok guys, you went too deep into details. As I've written, that guy paid for a(n already) permabanned account. If you do not read the rules doesn't mean you don't have to abide them.

If you wanna go "omg idiot he was unbanned", go and read my reply on page 2.

To summarize once again:

1. He will not win a court case

2. He will not get his money back

3. He will have to pay up for the court

That is obvious as if set in stone.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

If i was ever to lose my account i'm pretty sure i could get a few hundred thousand out of Jagex if i play my card right.

Please don't be offended, but if you ever become licensed to practice law (and that's assuming that you haven't already disqualified yourself through the unauthorized practice of law by offering unlicensed legal advice in this forum), then you will realize how silly this boast is.

Oh trust me its not silly at all. Go practice law, go through half the trouble ive gone through, then come back and make a comment.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Honestly, i don't see why you guys care, If anything they help you out more than hurt you. Sure they gain levels faster, but would you rather essence be 100gpea and yew logs 600ea?All prices of resources would go up if you took out botting, you might think this is good for the economy,but I'm sure when you guys wanna go train a skill, you like the cheap prices.

Honestly, i don't see why you guys care, If anything they help you out more than hurt you. Sure they gain levels faster, but would you rather essence be 100gpea and yew logs 600ea?All prices of resources would go up if you took out botting, you might think this is good for the economy,but I'm sure when you guys wanna go train a skill, you like the cheap prices.

Omfg. :wall: 'Al Gore'

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

they were unbanned as a mistake. youd have to be foolish to think they wouldnt be rebanned

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come