Whats your best combo?

Asellus5

Recently i've been training my slayer a lot, and i've been working on a trick using combat familiars (usually Karamathlu overlords) to get easy 3 hit combos with any weapon. Fist of guthix has taught me how to get in a few combos offensively, too and thats when I got thinking; how many hits can you stack up together in rs? Im talking fast hits. Like a hypothetical 15hitter before your opponent whip you 3-4 times. More on that one later. Here's my two main combos. They can be strung together for an easy 5 hits to your opponents first few.

==Combos i've used consistently==

=The 1-2 opener: Requires Moderate mage level, runes and a weapon. Manual cast an attack spell other than a burst, barrage, or God spell from a distance, and after the spell starts up click your opponent again. With timing and precision you can stack them up to hit at the same time. Higher level spells move a little slower and are easier to time.

=Summoning Levels and a Familiar with an attack scroll can be used in place of Magic, but tends to be slow enough that you get splatted before you actually do your combo.

=Using a Slow spell/Fast spell setup can make it a 123 opener, but you have to be on ancients, and blitz/barrage/weapon or rush/burst/weapon

=The 123 counterattack: Requires a combat familiar with an attack on its right click menu (like 'Trice, or Overlord). After a monster or player attacks you, if you call a familiar with the menu button it will start its attack pattern, and you can right click it immediatly upon appearing so your summon can be made to 2 hit the enemy for its first round of combat. Follow with an attack of your own for a finisher 3rd hit.

=Some familiars DO get interrupted by their own right click. Barker toads are one, i need further testing to find more that cant be used like this.

==Adding hits to your counterattack==

=During testing i had attack scrolls for my familiar in my helm of Neit and ocassionally I'd get a 4 hit counter attack off.

=The same conditions that triggered my enchanted helm would trigger Vengance and Rings of Recoil for +1 hits each. And it would be added to the front of the combo, since your familiar wont start combat against an enemy that isn't attacking you.

=Using Smoke spells and a poisoned weapon or ammo can cause another hit, albeit very weak.

=The downside to these are that enchanted helms are random, Rings of recoil are weak, and Vengance is not something in the average 'scaper's capability. All three also depend entirely on your opponent hitting you, and the damage dealt is what Veng/Rec is based on. Vengance is 75% damage reflection, recoil is 10%. Both round up i believe, recoil is confirmed.

==Special Attacks==

=Specialing with the counter can be harder because of the need to switch menus from summoning to combat style quickly, but the F1 key on Pcs brings it up and can be done with the off-mouse hand.

=Using a Ddp++ or Mage Shortbow can bring +1 hits each.

=Using D Claws would be very costly but wreck your opponent with +3 hits. Paired later in a theory for massive damage.

=A Granite weapon could be used to add 2 attacks either to the opener or counter, or one to each.

==15 Hit Theory (needs testing)==

Requirements: 96 Magic, Desert Treasure, Dream Mentor and all other Prerequisite skills & Quests.

Equipment: Dclaws, Runes for each (Smoke Blitz, Vengance Self, Spellbook Swap), Recoil, Enchanted Helm (charged with 1+ scrolls) Focus on accuracy, Low defense preferable.

Hypothesis: If done right this will produce 15 attacks rapidly, 11 guaranteed in a 5+6 combo pair.

Process: Veng yourself and Spellswap prior to getting into combat.

At range, SmokeBlitz/run in DClaws special, Switch Menu manually to Familiar (5 hits)

Note: Using your familiar is harder now because of summoning button update.

Somewhere in this chain, 4 damage from poison. (5-6 hits)

Opponent on Auto-retaliate hits you back, maybe dealing damage. Chance of Helm activating. (5-7 hits)

Vengance, Recoil activate if damaged. (5-9 hits)

Whistle for summon; Right click for its other attack (7-11 hits)

Menu switch, DClaws special again. (11-15 hits)

Can anyone come up with better combos or add to existing ones?

I'll list any i actually use. Everyone who's posted here has my thanks even if you're a naysayer.

Last edited on August 7 '09

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

The way i see it is that a 15-Hit attack would be pointless. Unless you have horrible stats and don't get any hits with the dragon claws, the person might be dead in the first few attacks. And the only way to use a familiar is if you're in a multi-combat area. And the chance that you have a familiar is a chance they have a buddy waiting to come to his/her aid in the off chance they need it. Also most familiars aren't powerful enough to make much of a noticeable difference in the damage given.

One point is that its probably better to have veng on you to begin with, and not have to worry about the Spellbook Swap. The spell seems to have a couple second cast that could end up being fatal if the opponent can get a few hits in. I myself have never pvp'ed so idk how well some of these might work out.

On a small note, i think this might be best suited for another forum. If not then please forgive me.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

The way i see it is that a 15-Hit attack would be pointless. Unless you have horrible stats and don't get any hits with the dragon claws, the person might be dead in the first few attacks. And the only way to use a familiar is if you're in a multi-combat area. And the chance that you have a familiar is a chance they have a buddy waiting to come to his/her aid in the off chance they need it.

Far from pointless. #1- it would be impressive.

#2- The 15 hitter was me taking RS to its extreme: Perfect sandbox conditions. In practical usage i only go for a 7-8 hitter. (Summon scroll/Ddp spec/Get hit/Call Overlord/Right Click/Ddp Spec/Maybe poison hits) My damage output, accuracy and, most importantly, luck are all sub par for my level on this game so i try and cram as many hits in as possible. On the other hand i think your thinking of this solely as a pvp technique. Imagine dropping an 11+ hitter on Graardor or Kril'Tsutaroth immediately after they spawn.

Also most familiars aren't powerful enough to make much of a noticeable difference in the damage given.

I dissagree entirely. Any damage done in addition to regular weapon hits is good enough in my opinion. My overlords and smoke devils hit 10-16 and these techniques barely slow down regular combat in exchange for additional hits. Since I started using the 123 counter, my slayer tasks have been completed between 125-150% faster than without them.

One point is that its probably better to have veng on you to begin with, and not have to worry about the Spellbook Swap. The spell seems to have a couple second cast that could end up being fatal if the opponent can get a few hits in. I myself have never pvp'ed so idk how well some of these might work out.

I agree emphatically. Venging before finding an opponent was assumed. I didnt know about the delay in spellswap, though, so both lunar spells would have to be cast right away, or a summoning attack scroll can be used instead of the SSwap/Blitz combo. Would speed the technique up but you'd lose the poison.

On a small note, i think this might be best suited for another forum. If not then please forgive me.

I had no idea where to put this either. I figured it should go into the help section since I want help improving this technique, and its here for everyone who says combat familiars are useless, and runescape combat is slow.

Asellus5.png

A 15 hit combo would be awesome beyond comparison. And, I think this belongs in General Discussion.

You might want to check out a guide on magicks combos - I think muggiwhplar made it.

My best so far with my own stuff has been 8 hits between the two techs used in a row. I could have done 9.

Like Italian, i didnt get good hits either but it was still impressive seen all those splats.

Asellus5.png

Pretty interesting. I know that you could cast a blitz->mage bow spec->and burst for a instant 4 hit combo.

If I had a steel titan, I would love to try to see how many combos I can make in one video. I actually don't know much about my familiars so if you have any suggestions of a familiar that can hit multiple times at my summoning level, that would be awesome.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Any familiar with a right-click attack can double hit as described in the 123 Counter (Overlords, Phoenixes, Smoke Devils)

I just got 66 summoning so i need to try these tactics out with a barker toad. I think he's the highest lv summon with a single target, damaging right click attack. Phoenix ash blast doesnt damage i hear, And Forge Regent's fireballs go all over the place, and are weak.

I think Toad is the best for you Tomcat. Just make sure to bring a stack of cannonballs, you'll have to reload it after every shot. K Overlords are my favorite though. I melee while it range/mages. Smoke devils are my second, and Smoke Devils pwn Dust devils :D Everyone who brings a bunyip there is silly imo.

Asellus5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update to the combo trick:

K overlords are the highest lv combat fam for use with the 123 counter. Barker toads are stronger but shouldnt be used. For some reason, their cannon attack is magical and it rarely hits, and it stops their regular attack. Their timer is also reaaaaaly short compared to Overlord.

Asellus5.png

When you attack a man in canifis, the first set of hits delay as they transform into wolves. So 2 d claw specials and you're already up to 8 hits. A cannon could fire 2 cannonballs at it so that's 10 hits. The transformation doesn't take long enough for the cannon to rotate arround else it'd be 12. Along with the cannon, if a steel titan attacked at the right time, and you had used it's scroll (4 rapid range attacks), that would be 14.

quit

I had no idea where to put this either. I figured it should go into the help section since I want help improving this technique, and its here for everyone who says combat familiars are useless, and runescape combat is slow.

For this reason, that is why it should stay here until it diverts from this goal of asking for help. Once it is "honed" into a guide, it will be moved.

I'm looking through your Theory, and I'm not sure how reliable this is. The # of hits is correct, but I don't think it could be pulled off. My question is, does Vengeance activate on the first hit? I thought it was a couple of hits before it activated, but I have never used it.

Also a question, what about the creature that if you whistle it into combat it gets a quick attack feature? Would that help?

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I'm looking through your Theory, and I'm not sure how reliable this is. The # of hits is correct, but I don't think it could be pulled off. My question is, does Vengeance activate on the first hit? I thought it was a couple of hits before it activated, but I have never used it.

Also a question, what about the creature that if you whistle it into combat it gets a quick attack feature? Would that help?

Vengance reacts to the first hit that damages you just like recoil, producing a double hit if damaged and using both.

The familiar doenst get a quick attack feature but at least for k overlord, drown is faster than a regular attack so both hit quickly if the 123 combo is used.

For the 15 hitter you really need vengance recoil AND scroll in ench helm to trigger to keep the string going or else its a 5 hitter + a 6-10hitter.

3+ hitters are easy w/ summoning but again i'll admit that the 15 hitter requires perfect sandbox conditions. Just got asked to prove a 7 hitter and i couldnt time things right. Darn vodka. Edit: Realized Problem with my setup. I didnt have low enough defense. Was wearing Guthan's plate + V Skirt. NEED to get hit in retaliation to trigger recoil. Going to try again in proselyte.

Asellus5.png

Replace the overlord with a smoke devil. The scrolls activate like crazy and are magic based so they do more damage to the average player. They also have a right click option.

Phoenix's ash blast does do damage.

In theory you could combine the 2 ancient spells, obby ring and d claws spec. If you was far enough away and the target didn't have auto retaliate on, but the timing would have to be extremely tight.

This would also require someone on lunar to help you get the full after combo.

So you could do this slow spell farcast, fast spell, obby ring then d claws spec (have to switch as soon as the throwing animation starts) - 7 hits. For the opener.

O course to time the first combo right without the claws is hard enough, so I'm not entirely sure you could time a d claws spec in there.

Just an idea.

O and I can't find the clip with the 3 part combo in.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'd like to comment on the Steel titans effectiveness, but Im trying to only use what i have readily available in my bank/skills or could quickly aquire from another player (ie have a partner to lend d claws & cast venge other)

99 summoning is a long way from my 66.

I prefer using Overlords really. they're overall stronger, can attack with all 3 combat styles (just recently noticed it meleeing, thought it could only mage/range) and its scroll maxes out way higher while also being a magic attack. I dont know about your claim about the enchanted helms activating more for Smoke devils, Joe. I thought it was a fixed % chance for all summon scrolls in it to activate equally. Perhaps you're just lucky to get it to trigger that much, though if memory serves, Spirit 'Trice scrolls activated pretty often in my Neit. I wont discount your theory.

Phoenixes do damage with ash blast? :D how much do they max? Is it a magic attack? I gotta try em cause Barker toads are [cabbage] summons.

In theory you could combine the 2 ancient spells, obby ring and d claws spec. If you was far enough away and the target didn't have auto retaliate on, but the timing would have to be extremely tight.

This would also require someone on lunar to help you get the full after combo.

So you could do this slow spell farcast, fast spell, obby ring then d claws spec (have to switch as soon as the throwing animation starts) - 7 hits. For the opener.

If you double smoke you could hit 8 like that with well timed poison, and have increased chances of the poison hitting too. BUT...

Timing is everything in this combo and one thing i tried to really strive for is NOT switching weapons only menus. Your theory could work with the slow spell/fast spell/ d claws for a 6-7 hit. But yeah you'd need a lunar mage friend friend to get yourself up to 17 hits doing your method, if its possible (and Im still doubting the 15 hitter). Though, you could do it without the venge for 15 and use 2 smoke spells, increasing the change you get the poison hit in, but sacrificing the veng gives a bigger chance of not completing the string. Their auto retaliate almost has to be on because if they ignore you, the bigger half of the combo is lost.

Asellus5.png

Through more and more analasys, im rapidly coming to think that the actuall 11-15 string could only be done on a boss class monster. They're dumb enough to let you try, and have high enough Hp to survive that many hits. But how much damage would it produce?

Assuming I pulled off the 15 hitter, and maxed every hit wearing Neit, Fury, D Boots, and Barrow gloves; Also assuming no pots no Pray, and accurate style and an opponent hitting for 85 to trigger the venge/recoil; It would produce a string like this: Smoke Blitz 22/ D claws 22 11 6 5/ Poison 4/ Vengance 63/ Recoil 9/ Overlord 10/ Drown 16/ Scroll 16/ D claws 21 11 6 5... For a total of 228 damage.

Agressive style, Super Str pot + Piety brings the hits for D claws up to 32 16 8 8 for me, so an extra 20 dmg, 248 max.

Almost 250 damage, Yowza. I could hit 50% of my max on every hit and own most players. Id hate to think what a wealthy Lv 138 player could do.

Edit: I didnt fully understand how dragon claws special worked before, and adjusted for new stats. Corrected 8/7/09.

Asellus5.png

I liked reading this but from what I understand those 15 hits will be dealt in 2 combat rounds, right? I dont think you can have 2 dclaw specs showing up at once at least.

also, shouldnt you start with ice blitz or barrage, since they have a delay. When I do magic stacking combo's I use a slow spell (ice barrage first) followed by a quick one (blood barrage) for a stack effect (hit the max 30 29 one time, was pretty cool)

2-4 combat rounds depending on the speed of the opponents weapon.

The d claws specs arent in a row, theres 5-6 attacks betwen them (Venge Recoil Fam's 3 and maybe poison).

Smoke Blitz is the reccomended spell at this point, its a little slow, and most importantly: Poisonous. I cannot Barrage yet so i cant speak for their speed. Any Blitz or Wave spell would work for attack #1 tho.

Asellus5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Morrigans javelin has 4 strikes against it: Its expensive, produces an Inconsistent number of splats, and unlike barrows it disintegrates when its used up.

The last strike it has against it being that its a ranged attack, which would delay the 6 last moves of the combo (everything from Vengance on, since you NEED to take damage for Veng Recoil & Enchanted Helm, and need to be splatted at least for the 123 counter.)

Asellus5.png

• 2 weeks later...

With max stats, it's unlikely that unless you happen to be facing idk... the corporeal beast, a 15 stack isn't going to happen. working on the possible max hit, they could be dead as soon as vengeance hits. Plus this isn't actually an instant 15 stack, therefore there is time to eat, and due to the fact that most GOOD pkers leave auto retaliate OFF, vengeance isn't going to happen, neither is recoil, or the enchanted helm. They will then have eaten, and your familiars special attack isn't going to KO them. Assuming that you haven't killed them by now, and good pkers know how to eat for their lives, It is impossible to 1 spec KO with dragon claws.

Therefore making the spec pointless, especially when a 2 combo can kill an enemy just as easily (ice blitz + AGS spec).

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Funnisam, whats funny is you seem to have missed almost every point behind my creation of this theory.

With max stats

Something most people dont have, I certainly dont.

it's unlikely that unless you happen to be facing idk... the corporeal beast, a 15 stack isn't going to happen.

Cant use familiars @ Beast. :shame: This is for Graardor/ Kril Tsutaroth etc...

working on the possible max hit, they could be dead as soon as vengeance hits. Plus this isn't actually an instant 15 stack, therefore there is time to eat, and due to the fact that most GOOD pkers leave auto retaliate OFF, vengeance isn't going to happen, neither is recoil, or the enchanted helm.

No but it does start with an instant 5 stack, possibly 6 or 7 stack. Though, I'd like to see where I said this was a pking tech. If memory serves, i said it was best used against stupid npc bosses.

They will then have eaten, and your familiars special attack isn't going to KO them.

If they're @ 26 or less after eating their first bite, a K overlord could kill them, since it hits twice at least, a max 10 melee/ranged and a 16 max magic attack. Low probability, but possible.

Assuming that you haven't killed them by now, and good pkers know how to eat for their lives, It is impossible to 1 spec KO with dragon claws. Therefore making the spec pointless, especially when a 2 combo can kill an enemy just as easily (ice blitz + AGS spec).

Well the line about D claws is false. Low probability, but still POSSIBLE. But... let me get this straight. A GOOD pker is going to stand there, get damaged, eat all of his food, and barely attack me? Yes it disrupts the 15 chain but, im forcing him to use up supplies.

I'll agree Blitz/Ags owns. But the thing you missed entirely was not the ratio of damage to hits, but sheer number of hits alone. This combo would hit almost 5 times faster than a godsword.

Asellus5.png