Trolls, Jerks and 'Noobs' on RuneScape.

We've all seen it. We've all been there once. You could be doing something, fighting something, training, mining, etc... and then the troll pounces: (These are quotes -.-)

"Nerd u [censor evasion], my main pwnz u" "Saferrrrr" "I [bleep]ed ur mom last night" "Your mom" "You [bleep]ing Jew!!" (From Lady Larriel's vid) "Ur not gonna be laughing when u hear moaning from ur mom's room"

Yes this is the typical F2P scenario (and the RSOF), there is alot of players in very little gamespace, trolls are everywhere, in every direction. Now, the big question: How do these players influence the game, and what effects has been caused?

Trolls feed off anything you give them, any emoticons can be detected miles off. It's kind of sad to see RuneScape's lack of a f2p community like this, makes me wonder about the maturity of players. A vid to demonstrate what I mean:

[yt]pzRl3ek1WME[/yt] (No the vid isn't mine) (Youtube doing site maintenence, vid is not broken)

Trolls can be costly in several ways. A troll can disrupt the discussion on a newsgroup, disseminate bad advice, and damage the feeling of trust in the newsgroup community. Furthermore, in a group that has become sensitized to trolling where the rate of deception is high many honestly naïve questions may be quickly rejected as trollings. This can be quite off-putting to the new user who upon venturing a first posting is immediately bombarded with angry accusations. Even if the accusation is unfounded, being branded a troll is quite damaging to one's online

To conclude, I think there should be a new rule on RuneScape, that being Idiocy. Not too long ago I've seen a screenshot of Paul talking about reports, with alot of players being reported because they were being a jerk/troll/moron/noob, which is horrible to a major game like RuneScape.

Discuss

Unless you own the spot/monster/rock in game, you have no right to tell who can and cannot use it. If you don't like it, deal with it. I am sick of people complaining for example: "YOu stole my chin spot!" or "Thats my coal rock noob!".

Train your skills and take advantage of them or don't train them at all.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

that was totally set up. all of f2p doesnt have that bad of communication skills. "my mom dead" "yeah, she suicide"(not trying to sound like a [bleep] but i mean this is runescape not 2000 B.C)

(but yeah thats [bleep]ed up, when people say [cabbage] like that to me i wbm the [bleep] out of them.)

Unless your RSN is "imalil[bleep]er", please keep the title appropriate.

Thank you.

Ugh, I hate when people troll around. BUt it's not just the trolls themselves the people responding to them is just fueling the fire by talking back to them. I mean cmon people- that's why there's ignore/private and stuff like that...

But honestly, I've been playing this game for YEARS and the people playing ARE getting serioulsy immature by the day. :ohnoes:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

Coming from the player that was banned from Forsakenmage's cc for being a troll, I can't take you seriously.

Is forsakenmage even a decent clanchat.

Please, don't go offtopic.

At pkinyou: Well, the ignore list is there, true, but human instincts would make it hard to ignore trolls, which is why it's such a big problem. Idiots in general ruin the overall RuneScape experience, there should be a rule against that, it's unfair for those players that are loyal and aren't jerks/morons talking bull all the time.

At Zierro: No, being a internet tough guy is wrong, there is nothing right about ruining another player's RuneScape experience for the fun of it, we're all human, how would YOU feel if you get harrassed 24/7 for no (good) reason?

At Zierro: No, being a internet tough guy is wrong, there is nothing right about ruining another player's RuneScape experience for the fun of it, we're all human, how would YOU feel if you get harrassed 24/7 for no (good) reason?

I was just talking in general - not RS specifically. You're right, I hated when people would set up flowers while I was Firemaking or Hunting just to slow me down. It actually did effect the way I played which I agree is bad. But if we're just talking about words then that's a completely different story.

Coming from the player that was banned from Forsakenmage's cc for being a troll, I can't take you seriously.

comming from a new[bleep]. i cant take you seriously.

You're the "new[bleep]" in this situation considering you joined last month, no wonder you troll so much, it looks like you came from /b/ lol.

Also, yes forsakenmage is a good chat, considering people like this aren't tolerated. Although there are a few cmods who don't know how to do their job properly.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

You're the "new[bleep]" in this situation considering you joined last month, no wonder you troll so much, it looks like you came from /b/ lol.

Also, yes forsakenmage is a good chat, considering people like this aren't tolerated. Although there are a few cmods who don't know how to do their job properly.

i joined in 2006 ;) i just made a new account. look up spacheco. so stfu new[bleep]. and fsm is a [cabbage] chat CODGUY FOR LAIF@

Thank you.

i joined in 2006 ;) i just made a new account. look up spacheco. so stfu new[bleep]. and fsm is a [cabbage] chat CODGUY FOR LAIF@

Dude, you're horrible. I die even more on the inside when you post, than when Walkingdeat4 posts.

I love you to ;)

Thank you.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Italian5kamikaze

Geez, how ignorant can you be?

The only reason you hate fsm is because you got banned from it. :lol:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Dude, you're horrible. I die even more on the inside when you post, than when Walkingdeat4 posts.

I love you to ;)

You make me physically sick to the stomach.

Telling you off is harder than telling Matthew [Whateverthehellhislastnameis] that he sucks.

[hide=]

I love you to ;)

[/hide]

Albiet offtopic: This is what I mean, THIS is a prime example of trolls trolling trolls.

Hey, that girl is almost really pretty. Her nose kinda ruins it though. She also seems to repeat herself a lot, which makes for an incredibly boring video. The "special effects" made me chuckle.

Anyway I'm reminded of a story from awhile back. It's a conversation between me and someone at green dragons.

So we're killing dragons tra-la-la. Me and this other guy decide to hog the dragons because another kid is just being a total pest. So we start beating him to the spawns. We'll call him pest, and the other guy accomplice mmk?

Pest: Noobs

Accomplice: lol

Pests: You guys are nerds. You should go out and make something of yourselves.

Me: Did your mom teach you that?

Pest: ...

Pest: My mom is dead

Me: Oh

Me: Well I guess she never made anything of herself then.

Pest: ...

Pest logs out

Accomplice: lol

Then we go back to merrily killing dragons.

They see me trollin, they hatin... Moderatin and tryna catch me postin dirtay

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

You make me physically sick to the stomach.

Telling you off is harder than telling Matthew [Whateverthehellhislastnameis] that he sucks.

why? D: what did i do?

Thank you.

They see me trollin'

They hatin'

Patrollin'

they tryin' to catch me trollin' dirty.

Tryin' to catch me trollin' dirty.

My posts be in Bold

I'm flamin'

They replyin'

Users think admins can't troll ;

But this lock was like taking a stroll.

Down memory lane, when I was young

I never posted such non coherent babble for fun.

Post some sublte flames and a mods like "Hold up."

On Msn they added me and rolled up

I grab my mouse and keyboard

and type them into insanity into a ward.

Trolls you dont know anything about Das;

He is going to lock this topic thats spiralin' outta contral fast.

Posting a song for this thread

People gonna say my rap on google went to my head

I think this thead is a bit flamey and out of control, I see no good that can come from it yo,

So I think A lock and letting this fall to the bottom is the best way to go

But if you disagree PM me

Else lets all move on G

Just hit preview this post

Looks good like some jelly on toast

I think I will hit submit

This will be probably be the only post locked with rap wit

They see me trollin'

They hatin'

Patrollin'

My posts be in Bold

I'm flamin'

They replyin'

No seriously, this post has spiraled out of control into flaming and is not accomplishing anything productive. If you disagree with my lock. Please PM me

~Das

Tip.it Administrator

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln