2nd June 2009 - Hunt for the Red Raktuber + Patch Notes

darkjab

Have you been spying on penguins recently? No? Well, theyve been spying on you, and theyre about to reveal their dastardly plot...

Larry the zookeeper has made the mistake of going on vacation, and now hes in a bit of a picklewell, more like a straitjacket than a pickle! Apparently, he spotted a giant penguin near Witchaven, and now he suspects that the other penguins may be up to something. The problem is that his superiors at the zoo dont believe him. Speak to Larry to find out what the penguins have been up to, and help him stop them before they take over the world!

It wont be easy to discover what the penguins are plotting, however. Youll have to travel back to the iceberg from the Cold War quest, and don your penguin suit, to begin your espionage. Creative thinking will be needed if youre going to get any information from the penguins, but you will find friends on the iceberg to help you: Ping and Pong will be glad to see you, and you can help them finish their new song.

After you've finished the Hunt for Red Raktuber, you'll still be able to put your keen Hunting skills to the test. A new area will be available near the Iceberg, where youll be able to track down new penguin recruits. You may also find an unusual kind of spy moving around RuneScape, so keep your eyes 'well' peeled!

Ive had a great time developing The Hunt for Red Raktuber, and I hope all you penguin fans out there enjoy it as much as I have.

Mod Nancy

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start The Hunt for Red Raktuber:

Speak to Larry at the Ardougne Zoo, near the penguin enclosure.

Requirements to start The Hunt for Red Raktuber:

Thieving 38

Construction 45

Hunter 45

Must have completed Sea Slug and Cold War

In Other News

We've been collating your feedback on the spam filter, and have added several of the messages you suggested to this recent feature.

You may also have noticed that weve added a Developers Blogs links to the bottom of our homepage. These Developers Blogs are the new home for the Developer Diaries that weve been releasing every week over the last few months. Were going to continue with these regular updates, and are also looking to add some extra features to the blogs in the future.

[hide=Patch Notes]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

The water, lighting and fog effects have been updated in the daeyalt mine.

Fixed a tile where you couldn't collect drops.

Fixed some graphical issues with some walls in Dorgesh-Kaan.

Updated the glassblowing animation when crafting molten glass.

Fixed some of the recent mapping issues in Tarn's Lair.

Adjusted the hairdressers interface to cope with slightly longer text.

Made slight adjustments to the script that deals with the Castle Wars waiting room timer interface.

Quests

Removed safe spots from the Great Brain Robbery.

Resolved an issue with attempting to defeat the king rat in Rat Catchers.

Minigames

A Treasure Trails clue scroll was giving slightly odd directions.

Very slightly increased the activity in Soul Wars for magic users.

Slightly modified the safe area in Lumbridge on PvP worlds.

Checked the code for the champions scrolls on existing npcs, and added it to several creatures drop tables.

Miscellaneous

You should now be able to remove wardrobes from your house if they're empty.

Properly fixed Zaff's options on free worlds.

Improved the Town Crier's calls.

Melee combat dummies in Lumbridge should no longer be killable.

Fixed a typo with goblin armour.

Hay bales near Draynor can now be used to make scarecrows.

The quick option to change your shoes when speaking to Yrsa will now also complete the relevant Fremennik Achievement Diary entry.

Fixed a bug with the Enchanted Lyre where it consumed charges without teleporting you.

The Kalphite Lair is now the Kalphite Hive on the surface world map to match the dungeon version.

Improved the directions to make a Drunk Dragon cocktail, which was missing an ingredient in the recipe.[/hide]

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping we don't get non-in-game stuff from these features that are suppose to become new with the developers blog page or whatever. Let's keep it Runescape related please.

I'm actually surprised they put this penguin quest into the game. Thought they'd wait a month or so like they usually do before releasing a quest which they've hinted largely to in-game.

Cool.

---

Quest Reward:

Access to the new skill, Sailing!

And the story line is going to be interesting...... i wonder if the templars are included? seeing as it was sir tiffy who sent you after the mother mallium and it was the templars who imprisoned her before.

I'm guessing the quest is out today then? if so it looks like my aviansie trip might have to wait a bit >.>

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Very nice. I wish I could do it.

Also does this mean what I think it means? More monsters that drop current champrions' scrolls?

Checked the code for the champions scrolls on existing npcs, and added it to several creatures drop tables.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Not sure about the sea slug links, might just be for some dialogue or acessing areas

Must admit I doubt it now, if it was more involved with the sea slugs it wouldn't be the first quest in the series. But perhaps further quests could link them up, anyway, I'm starting the quest now. Glad I can do this before my membership expires! \'

Dark_Jab.png

Well everyone knows that the sea slugs live in the sea (I'm captain obvious today ;) ) and we've seen the "penguin submarine" about.... therefore it's logical the 2 sea dwelling things be interlinked.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

WHY MUST I HAVE TO BE AT WORK WHEN I COULD BE HOME DOING THIS QUEST?!?!?!?!!?!!!!?!?!!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Very nice. I wish I could do it.

Also does this mean what I think it means? More monsters that drop current champrions' scrolls?

It means like some skeletons weren't dropping skeleton challenge scrolls and now they do etc.
imagangster.png

Too bad I'm f2p now, but I know this quest is gonna be awesome!

btw:

When we last left Larry, the penguins were hatching a diabolical plot to invade the mainland. Larry is certain the invasion has begun and you two must hurry to sabotage whatever the penguins are up to. This new adventure will take you back to the Iceberg where you will sing, interrogate and wear odd hats.

The Red Raktuber flies at midnight. (Well, maybe not 'flies'.) Regardless, I'm about to descend into a ventricle of darkness, and I don't know which hat to wear: swordfish, octopus, lobster?

:thumbsup:

Half of Chaos elemental's clues launched, some of them revealed (fairies)....

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Ive been looking foward to this for some time now. Ill do it later tonight when I'm not working :roll:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]