YOUR thoughs on Pre-ordered/Pre-Paying for games?

3PointMan

What are you thoughts on Pre-ordering? I'm just curious....Personnally, I preorder all of my games that I buy. I trade in my other Gamestop games than use my credit to preorder. Right now, I have like 7 games preordered, all coming out without like 3 weeks of each other.. Why does November have to be such a hot gaming month? (MW2, Bioshock 2, L4D2, Assassin's Creed 2...)

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I preorded CoD:MW2 a week or two ago, and I don't see the problem with it. You're guaranteed a copy of the game, no going to Gamestop or something to find it all sold out.

You traded in games for credit to preorder? How big of a stockpile do you have to get that much credit?

I preorder sometimes. Not a lot, but not very frequently. Mostly because I don't like paying launch price unless I'm real hyped for it, then I'll usually just hope I can find a copy on release day or soon afterwards. Worked for Dead Space and Halo Wars (even got the Limited Edition with no preorder).

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You traded in games for credit to preorder? How big of a stockpile do you have to get that much credit?

I preorder sometimes. Not a lot, but not very frequently. Mostly because I don't like paying launch price unless I'm real hyped for it, then I'll usually just hope I can find a copy on release day or soon afterwards. Worked for Dead Space and Halo Wars (even got the Limited Edition with no preorder).

I work at GS so I get a lot more credit. When I was young my grandma bought me a TON of Gamecube/PS2 games that I dont play anymore. So I just trade them in...

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I think the last time I pre-ordered a game was like 5 years ago probably. I just don't do it anymore because there is no reason to.

Well, I take that back. I have pre-ordered some valve games from steam, simply because they usually give you a nice 5% discount or so. Even then I just wait to preorder like a day before the game comes out.

I'll only preorder a game nowadays if it gives me a nice benefit - money off (like steam/valve as Nadril mentioned), cool or interesting freebies or similar.

I used to preorder more back in the day, but now with digital distribution and a larger industry its rarely (at least for me) impossible to find a game on launch day.

If I'm sure it's going to be great, and if the price isn't ridiculous, I might pre-order it. Or if there's a discount, or some cool collector's item or something that comes with it. Or if it's something that will most likely be so popular that it'll sell out on the first day.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I have only ever pre-ordered two games, WoW: TBC, and FFVII: DC. The first was just to make sure I got it the day of. The second was just so I knew when it came in (SE games always seem to have shady release dates).

Now I have no reason, as I work at wal mart, and even though we don't have pre-orders, the 10% discount is well worth it!.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I never pre-order games. Partly because I think $60 is a ridiculous price for anything but the creme de la creme of games, partly because the game might be total [cabbage].

Mostly agree, once I bought a game I was excited for and it turned out to be not so great (and - the game was Lostmagic for DS - it ended up leaving marks on my touch screen from repeatedly drawing one symbol).

That and I usually don't have money on the release date.

Well considering people wasted $1500 dollars when the 360 first came out, paying $5 to pre-order a game seems like nothing.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Only game I've preordered is GTA4 but I didn't like it, so I traded it in at EB games and got 3 games for it. I got CoD:WaW on sale for $30 less 1 month after it came out made me laugh so much, and also I saw GH:Metallica pre-owned 2 days after it was released.

EDIT:The only reason I would Pre-order is if I got something extra with the game, such as an unlock/extra characters or missions/beta key for something else. Like today, I pre-ordered ODST as it comes with a Firefight character and Halo Reach Beta Access.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I have never preordered games - they rarely run out of stock over here (not many gamers, I guess :lol: ). And I even got a 15 discount from Halo 3 when I bought it on launch day from the local store. :shock: Wouldn't have gotten that through pre-ordering, I bet. :D

I'd say pre-ordering is an OK thing. At least it helps your hype with the fact that you are going to get the game 100% surely.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I just pre-order so I know its paid off, I'm horrible with money so it makes sure i can get the game on release day.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

After nearly "Pre-Ordering" Dark and Light, I will never, ever even think about it again. :oops:

I don't think I've ever had a problem getting a new release on the first day it came out. Usually if you go early enough, chances are you'll get it. If not, a couple days wait isn't so bad.

After nearly "Pre-Ordering" Dark and Light, I will never, ever even think about it again. :oops:

:lol: Yeah good thing you didn't pre order lol.

Is getting a game the very first day it comes out that important?

Yes :P . I don't pre-order though. Most of my purchases these days are digital anyways.