Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Here we go again. SwiftKit illegal to use

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

smobo
[ Display Name History ]

smobo

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • RSN:smobo

Look

Stop [bleep] saying legal and illegal.

It's stupid, and you all sound like idiots saying it. Nothing about runescape can be illegal(except maybe real world trading) because there are no LAWS involved.

Something can be against the rules, that doesn't make it illegal. You're not going to jail for breaking runescape rules. so stop calling it illegal. It's just pissing me off.

Ouch lol, bad day?

Of course we can talk about illegal and not illegal. We're talking about a game, so you need to see it in a games context. Illegal = you will get banned. Legal = you won't.

:-)

il?le?gal??/??lig?l/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-lee-guhl]

–adjective

1. forbidden by law or statute.

2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.

Posted Image
Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

IRC? Clan chat.

Have you ever been on IRC even?

Doesn't sound like it.

Same could be said from like 99.9% of the swiftkit/swiftirc users - most of them haven't been to a real IRC network. (which respects the very first rule that IRC should be free).. Most of them don't even understand their own pc and how it connects with the network. - So for those IRC won't be a real advantage...

Now the other thing I like to mention is that it DOES matter if swiftkit would (or would not) be allowed. Not for those who use it, but because we should always strive to get at the internet as much freedom as possible!

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Big_Stingman
[ Display Name History ]

Big_Stingman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Big Stingman
Yeah I don't know if it has been said (probably has), but even if it is "illegal," how would Jagex even know that we are using it? I don't think they can tell... :|

meb
[ Display Name History ]

meb

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Red ftk bolt
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild

Personally I dislike SwiftKit users, seeing as the majority of them are pures.

This may not apply to everyone, but I've noticed almost all SwiftKit users are a bunch of self-centered, arrogant sons of [bleep].

Nice generalisation. The first thing you ask someone on Rs is whether they use SiftKit?
Retired
2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Mylez
[ Display Name History ]

Mylez

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  • RSN:Dyze

This may not apply to everyone, but I've noticed almost all SwiftKit users are a bunch of self-centered, arrogant sons of [bleep].

You really do talk alot of [cabbage].

I'm not suprised this has happened in the slightest, but I really do wish Jagex would make up their minds. I have no problem not using third party software, but I wish they could simply stick to what they said before.

I think SK is much more convenient - and it's a pain in the arse to open 12 windows when you can have everything in 1. But it isn't really a big deal. SK doesn't make players any better - it just saves a few seconds here-and-there.

primadog
[ Display Name History ]

primadog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Please edit the title as it does not reflect current developments that you have already updated upon the body of the topic. Keeping it this way will just incite people who don't RTFA.

A J Mod screwed up and get abolished by his boss. Nothing to see here, move along.
All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

3hitm4g3u
[ Display Name History ]

3hitm4g3u

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
They can't detect who is using SK.

Also

Like hell I'm getting off SK.

And last but not least

Your extremely high level of stupidity really does make me laugh.
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
I'm pretty sure that there's little to no correlation between SK users and pures lol

77yLQy8.png

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RSN:Void Seraphi

I'm pretty sure that there's little to no correlation between SK users and pures lol

Correct. The Swiftkit community consists of a random assortment of 'scapers, and not just mainly a certain group.
Posted Image

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Earth Poet

Please edit the title as it does not reflect current developments that you have already updated upon the body of the topic. Keeping it this way will just incite people who don't RTFA.

A J Mod screwed up and get abolished by his boss. Nothing to see here, move along.

I made this post 2 days ago, and at that time it DID reflect what was going on, but you are right. I'm hesitant about changing the title, as that might make people think this is a new thread.

If a mod decides this topic has run its course, then I'm cool with them locking it.

Another issue is I haven't seen this "official statement" either. I saw another Jmod post saying Swiftkit is okay to use. One said it isn't and another said it is.
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
oops

weather1345
[ Display Name History ]

weather1345

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • RSN:weather1345
  • RSN2:wcooper11
  • Clan:The_RS_Rebels
really? 3rd party, who cares it's not like they're claiming its their's. It's a device to help runescapers in-game to use different tools to make the game a lot easier, instead of wasting time opening like 5 tabs, starting to lag, and listening to music, even worse.

swiftkit should be legal.

watch that please, it is my first tehnoobshow style vid!! ^^ :thumbsup:

Current Goals

99 Attack

85 Strength

99 Fletching and Cooking

weather1345 ^^

Smapla
[ Display Name History ]

Smapla

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,498 posts

Look

Stop [bleep] saying legal and illegal.

It's stupid, and you all sound like idiots saying it. Nothing about runescape can be illegal(except maybe real world trading) because there are no LAWS involved.

Something can be against the rules, that doesn't make it illegal. You're not going to jail for breaking runescape rules. so stop calling it illegal. It's just pissing me off.

Ouch lol, bad day?

Of course we can talk about illegal and not illegal. We're talking about a game, so you need to see it in a games context. Illegal = you will get banned. Legal = you won't.

:-)

il?le?gal??/??lig?l/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-lee-guhl]

–adjective

1. forbidden by law or statute.

2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.

Very nice smartass, you've just showed your complete lack of understanding.

Next time, when there's a topic about gaining experience in skills, why don't you post a definition of experience too. I'm sure it won't include "clicking a yew tree and getting a log".

...? bedman's post was relevant

though he should have simply quoted magzar, as his post offered contrary evidence to magzar's opinion.
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
Oh nvm, I didn't read the second explanation properly. Seems like it backed up what I said.

:oops:

ldailey06
[ Display Name History ]

ldailey06

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • RSN:Satan Panda
"I don't use it, therefore no one else needs to."

Can we please do away with this idiotic argument. You really have to be stupid to find it convincing.
Posted Image

Shazarabbit
[ Display Name History ]

Shazarabbit

Official Tip It Bunny

• Members
  • 2,357 posts
This has been proven false, Jagex simply does not encourage anyone to use outside programs to play Runescape for your own safety.

Topic locked.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users