sadukar123

74-75-836-58925189

He is my hero.

Discuss.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post what's said here or screenshots, because i really cba to go somewere else to read something when i come to Tif.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'll quote my friend from Truthscape here.

Jmod Mat K was in goldmerch yesterday, it's one of the biggest clanmerchclans...

He was talking about clanmerchanting (not so positive), later that day Limpwurt roots (which was their merch) dropped 73gp (can't be seen on the graphs!) , while being bought out.

Now, one day later they still are bought out, they never weren't.

I hope I can get pictures of what he said, I'm looking for them atm..

Was this an action against clanmerchanting, did jagex (mod mat k, who says he didn't do it) lower prices? Or was this just weird behaviour of the ge?

More about this: http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?74,75,836,58925189,goto,1

Sorry for my bad spelling :)

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

It appears that Mod Mat K doubts that Jagex intervened at all, so how does that make him heroic? Apparently what happened was that someone or some group of people dumped massive amounts of limpwurt roots and that screwed over the merchant clans that were investing. And now they have descended into a 78 page rant fest on how jagex is corrupting the game

Personally, I can't for sure say if Jagex got involved. It does seem odd that although there were thousands of offers for max, somehow limps still managed to go DOWN in price. It defies all laws of economics, unless somehow someone or some people managed to obtain a surplus of limpwurt roots beyond the economy's demand, sold it to everyone who wanted it at max, then managed to drop the price with the remaining limps. Sounds doubtful, but still possible. But the merchants refuse to agree, everyone in that 78 page thread is convinced that Jagex screwed with the economy to discourage investing. I'm interested to see how this all turns out.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

It dropped for a little over 5%, which makes no sense normally.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

So what if Jagex interviened, its their game, they don't want to see an item which is regularly traded being manipulated beyond what regular players will pay for the item, simple as. They are doing it for the greater # of players.

Price manipulation has always been against the Rs rules, yet these clans manipulating the prices still persist, yes it is because the g.e can be manipulated, but just because you can do something, should you?

good on em if they did drop the price, i want to sit here laughing at all the bandwagon merchants that will lose money.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I toasted in the epic bread.

Someone find this Mod Mat K and give him a big shiny trophy.

Jagex screwed with the economy to discourage investing

Or discourage price gouging, as the clan was doing with limpwurt roots.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I read all Mod Mat K's (that's his name, right?) comments in the thread and this was the most interesting one:

There are many questions that I can't answer, mainly because the answered are considered commercially sensitive and therefore confidential. The two areas these cover are internal policy on merchanting clans (eg whether we interfere with prices of items being merchanted or what our strategic position on merchanting clans are) and how the Grand Exchange works.

From this, I assume they have some kind of policy worked out, which (I hope) at least consists of some intervention. It's surely nice to know they know the situation. I'm just speculating, but maybe this was a test how people reacted when merched items were manually altered, or how a new anti-merching system works or something. Either way, this got my hopes up a bit.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Read through the thread if you want to see the average age of merchant clan members.

I just hope Jagex read Tipit more than that thread, and know that we don't all think like the people there, and aren't all whiney little brats.

Mod Mat K did say something which these merchant clans should listen to, merchanting is a risky business, this time it didn't pay off.

zqXeV.jpg

Twss halarious when he agreed with me when I said they ruined the economy. Then I got kicked and ignore listed from their cc :roll: 8-)

I read all Mod Mat K's (that's his name, right?) comments in the thread and this was the most interesting one:

There are many questions that I can't answer, mainly because the answered are considered commercially sensitive and therefore confidential. The two areas these cover are internal policy on merchanting clans (eg whether we interfere with prices of items being merchanted or what our strategic position on merchanting clans are) and how the Grand Exchange works.

From this, I assume they have some kind of policy worked out, which (I hope) at least consists of some intervention. It's surely nice to know they know the situation. I'm just speculating, but maybe this was a test how people reacted when merched items were manually altered, or how a new anti-merching system works or something. Either way, this got my hopes up a bit.

As for intervention they do intervene alot which is best shown best by when 3rd age started rising/dropping everyday and when spirit shields had a massive rise.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Way to go, MMK.

Maybe if Jagex continues to intercept items that clans try to buy out, the premise of "clan merchanting" will die out. Merchant clans are the most insidious creation of the post 12/10 era, so I have no sympathy for them. I honestly would laude Jagex if they simply took the initiative and banned all those locusts.

td2sig.jpg

I'm glad to see something's happening to these merchant clans.

Personally, I'd just ban all the clan leaders (maybe give them a week to shut down just to be fair... maybe... ;) ), but dropping the price on items being manipulated seems to have entertaining results, so maybe they should just keep doing that. :lol:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Glad to see that many in this thread share same view as me of these price manipulating clans. Also good that Jagex is well aware of it, if price manipulating clans number rise then it could lead to bad game play.

:D

If price manipulation is against rules theres quite a lot of bannable people there

06-Jun-2009 00:33:06

WE THE PEOPLE MAKE YOU MONEY JAGEX.

WE THE PEOPLE LIKE TO MERCHANT JAGEX.

WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE REASONS WHY YOU HAVE JOBS JAGEX.

WE THE PEOPLE WANT TO KEEP OUR PRICE MANIPULATION CLANS JAGEX!

You all dont get it. These clans arnt doing anything wrong, its the mechanic of the GE thats broken. Dont hate the players, hate the game.

(I think their was a mod quote talking about it being against the rules, can't remember so I'm going to assume it doesn't exist)

Even if it isn't technically against the rules, is it right that hundreds of thousands are losing money and not being able to preform daily tasks because a few Jerks(couldn't think of anything G-rated) want to make a bunch of money with out any work what so ever. Just wait till something new comes out, like a quest that you are just shy of having the requirements for and the merchanting clans buy out all the materials you need to train that skill. Are you still going to defend what they are doing? Is it fair that these people can control what everybody else is able to do because the want to make a quick buck?

I think not....

Jesus_Statuz.png

(WE THE PEOPLE ARE PLAYING A GAME PROVIDED BY JAGEX, THEREFORE THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WITH THEY SEEM FIT, BEING IT IS FAIR AND REASONABLE TO THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS).

Should be what the rest of us players should be saying. \'

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

You all dont get it. These clans arnt doing anything wrong, its the mechanic of the GE thats broken. Dont hate the players, hate the game.

Please don't troll.

To the OP: Well, I would be quite happy if JaGex did actually tweak the prices back how they should be, the reaction is quite amusing, the whining of the clan 'merchants' are like saying "Omfg JaGex you didn't let me abuse this bug so I could get really rich and also get away with it!" (It is an example, I am in no way saying that the GE is bugged).

I think JaGex should do more of this, teaches these idiots some consequences of clan 'merchanting'.

Screenies (Page 2-3):

[hide=]modmatk.png[/hide]

I couldn't care less if Jagex screws over these players. I just think the reactions are hilariously stupid =D> I had a good time reading through the idiocy and complaining of the average tween clan manipulator.

2496 Completionist