Mod Mat K & Manipulator clans Debate

sadukar123

it technically is against the rules...

found this on runescape.com

This makes it harder for players to manipulate prices and ensures that everyone gets a fair deal.

We will only intervene as a last resort, and only if we think price manipulation is going on, although the system has lots of safeguards to prevent that.

No, it is not proof. It does not state that manipulation is against the rules and, furthermore, is a bald faced lie- they have changed prices in the past without the intent to prevent manipulation. Raw bird meat, harpoons, and other summoning seconds had their shop prices increased to match the GE.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it technically is against the rules...

found this on runescape.com

This makes it harder for players to manipulate prices and ensures that everyone gets a fair deal.

We will only intervene as a last resort, and only if we think price manipulation is going on, although the system has lots of safeguards to prevent that.

No, it is not proof. It does not state that manipulation is against the rules and, furthermore, is a bald faced lie- they have changed prices in the past without the intent to prevent manipulation. Raw bird meat, harpoons, and other summoning seconds had their shop prices increased to match the GE.

The statement implies that it is against the rules with the intent. If it wasn't against their rules, why would Jagex intervene?

But Raven is right. Mods quoted in a clanchat, or ambiguous statements found in the KB are not enough. That's why I want Jagex to make an official policy that explicitly states it's against the rules.

There was a time when the Jagex forum rules stated price manipulation was illegal, because that's where most trades occurred. Threads trying to "pump" up prices were locked back then. Since nobody trades on the forums anymore that rule has long disappeared along with the old forums.

rssig2.png

Doesn't help much either that people are going around forums claiming this and that about it being illegal, just because they have some random jagex mod on their friends list (or just that doesnt have privacy on) that doesnt think its cool that some make money and others do.

I'll let all you people point the finger and laugh going "i told you so" once they actually do something about it and not just blow hot air into the room. :roll: Until than, go apply for a real job at jagex (forget jagex, maybe just a real job?) if you want to claim stuff. You people know who you are.

Its getting tiresome to watch some people try to piece spread-out bits of information together in an attempt to establish their arguement.

Also some of you should know, that one moderators opinion, or even 10 moderators opinions, or even 100 moderators opinions mean squat, until all those people, or the people in charge sit down together and work out a policy and an agenda of how to solve this problem and than publicize it on the official website.

As this is such a far-reaching problem I can imagine that the reason Jagex is reluctant to respond at this point is, that they do not wish to shoot themselves in the foot. Something several ppl already have done on this thread.

No mentioning names, but if the shoe fits, wear it.