Barrows Setup Improvements

UnknownRemoval

Quick question. I was wondering if there was anyway I could improve my setup for barrows. I use Fairy Rings (hence dramen stave) and Fire Wave. With my current setup I can get 4-6 chests per run.

King_Mirthas.png

9h85fm.png

I did have infinity boots before, but they are not worth the 730k price tag, also I have not started RFD. :ohnoes:

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

-Get 50 construction, do desert treasure, and get a PoH with an altar and Canifis portal. It makes barrowing immeasurably easier.

-Bring a DDS and possibly super attack and strength potions to spec karil.

-Do the 'rum deal' quest for a holy wrench, which gives more pray points per dose of prayer potion.

quit

-Get 50 construction, do desert treasure, and get a PoH with an altar and Canifis portal. It makes barrowing immeasurably easier.

-Bring a DDS and possibly super attack and strength potions to spec karil.

-Do the 'rum deal' quest for a holy wrench, which gives more pray points per dose of prayer potion.

Not really, he is only using 4 prayer pots so it wastes a space.

Hmm I would say get a

> Whip too to get KC.

> A DFS or Obbeh Shield.

> Ah robe top while killing Brothers and Torag top while in the tunnel.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I should of posted my stats...

King_Mirthas.png

I have 50 construction, but hate questing (I'll do it eventually)

DDS + Pots = 3 Inventory spaces. A complete waste when I can kill him within 5-10 bolt hits.

Holt Wrench isn't effective here..

Whip + Shield is two wasted item spots, when I can just use the staff as a melee weapon.

Extra torso's also waste space as I have a positive mage bonus so my splash rate is low. Torag's torso won't be needed since I Verac's is enough defense.

Ah Top + shield would give you more def, you don't really need the prayer bonus.

If u use staff to kill the Tunnel mobs = slower kills = getting hit more.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Do RFD for barrows Gloves?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Bring a melee weapon. It helps A LOT in the tunnels. Plus at your stats, killing Karil is faster with a whip. On the same note, bring a DDS. When you get to Karil, put on piety (or whatever) for the DDS specs. Personally I'd keep it on after that, but it's your choice if you want to piety when you whip. Oftentimes I can take down Karils within the 4 dds specs.

Bring a melee weapon. It helps A LOT in the tunnels. Plus at your stats, killing Karil is faster with a whip. On the same note, bring a DDS. When you get to Karil, put on piety (or whatever) for the DDS specs. Personally I'd keep it on after that, but it's your choice if you want to piety when you whip. Oftentimes I can take down Karils within the 4 dds specs.

Karil is still weak to magic, which works almost as well.

Not really, you can hit constant 25-30s super potted, while magic hits 15s (max is 20 I know, but thats rare.)

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Right. But if you melee it (which you should), you'll kill him FASTER and it's CHEAPER. Your stats are high enough, so I would do it.

I mean honestly magic can't take down Karil in 2 hits with a DDS. Melee can. You're really better off meleeing. It's just a few extra spaces and you really don't need that much food or prayer pots. 3 pots is enough and 14 pizzas will do.

Get Guthans and just sidestep the melee brothers until you get bored? I use 1/2 prayer pot/chest(1 dose for Karil and 1 for Ahrim).For the tunnel part I safespot the melee brothers, either at the ladders or in the outer tunnels.For kc I use the sgs.

You could switch your ring of life for explorer ring for +1 prayer and +1 mage att. If you use a rune crossbow you could hold on to your prayer book while you kill ahrim. And I would definitely get a obby shield and whip and drop 2 food spots for 2 reasons. 1 if you're tanking torag and guthan, you don't need the prayer bonus and the extra def will help a lot. 2 running through the tunnels a melee weapon will double your speed. I'd take a whip like everybody suggested.

If you already make 4-6 trips an hour then you're already doing great with your setup

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

You could switch your ring of life for explorer ring for +1 prayer and +1 mage att. If you use a rune crossbow you could hold on to your prayer book while you kill ahrim. And I would definitely get a obby shield and whip and drop 2 food spots for 2 reasons. 1 if you're tanking torag and guthan, you don't need the prayer bonus and the extra def will help a lot. 2 running through the tunnels a melee weapon will double your speed. I'd take a whip like everybody suggested.

If you already make 4-6 trips an hour then you're already doing great with your setup

I'm sorry, did you look at my image before you wrote that?

1) I have a rune crossbow and prayer book

2) Torag/Guthan don't really hit anyway (I'm safing all though)

3) running with a melee weapon doesn't make you run twice as fast. :D

I'm sorry, did you look at my image before you wrote that?

1) I have a rune crossbow and prayer book

2) Torag/Guthan don't really hit anyway (I'm safing all though)

3) running with a melee weapon doesn't make you run twice as fast. :D

I'm pretty sure he means killing speed, as in you'll get your kill count up twice as fast. In reality, it's over twice as fast.

Use air staff instead of the fire one? You can get fire runes faster and easier than air(slaying for example).

I have no fire runes and not buying any in case I don't use them (and have junk for a while), and fire staff means casts are 2gp cheaper. :lol:

Hey, we're only making suggestions because you asked. If you thought your method was good enough as it is you wouldn't have asked, right? If you think all those pizzas is the best use of your inventory space, then stick to your method.

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Just did some tests runs with my normal method with a slight twist and I would recommend the following tweaks.

Replace the unholy book with spirit shield (blessed if you have it) its slightly lower bonus' on offensiveness, but a lot lot better on defensive stats, extremely cheap and no negatives.

Swap one prayer pot with a super restore and 1 pineapple pizza with a sara brew. This removes any negatives ahrim may have given you, restores prayer, heals you and boosts your defense.

Try replacing broad with diamond (e) and you'll notice a improvement.

If you have one a GS is amazing for taking out ahrims and karils (manage a 3 hit kill on karils about 1 in 3) and cuts down the costs of the bolts.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Just did some tests runs with my normal method with a slight twist and I would recommend the following tweaks.

Replace the unholy book with spirit shield (blessed if you have it) its slightly lower bonus' on offensiveness, but a lot lot better on defensive stats, extremely cheap and no negatives.

Swap one prayer pot with a super restore and 1 pineapple pizza with a sara brew. This removes any negatives ahrim may have given you, restores prayer, heals you and boosts your defense.

Try replacing broad with diamond (e) and you'll notice a improvement.

If you have one a GS is amazing for taking out ahrims and karils (manage a 3 hit kill on karils about 1 in 3) and cuts down the costs of the bolts.

I shall look into the Spirit Shield and potions. I could see the bonuses in that. ::'

I will also check those bolts, i'm sure the price has fallen since.

Thanks. =D>

Why 4 ppots....? Only pray on dharok + karil, rest just tank, and since you're gonna tank, torag might fight you better, along with a good shield, considering their magic defence is so low, that the zammy book almost does nothing, you might want to get a melee weapon aswell, in order to kill karil faster

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Get full guthans and use it to heal up in the tunnels. There are piles of rocks in the crypts of dharok, verac, and guthan that you can use to side step and safe spot them. Take 1 dose of pray pot before you fight karil, then use the left over prayer on ahrim. Melee both of them. Using this method, I do each run using 1 dose of pray pot, and use pretty much no food. There for, I take 3 pray pots, I get 12 chests, maybe 13 or 14 if I get lucky. ;)

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.