World cup 2010!

mustangs407

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in...

SOUTH AFRICA IS WIN.

There, I said it. I'm not withdrawing it. And now you all have to live with it.

My dad's going, but I'll be stuck in school. :(

Really want to go, because by that time I'll get to see my new baby cousin (fresh from the freezer) & the rest of my family.

Don't really know who to root for though.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Well, Spain - South Africa just ended. 2 - 0, quite an entertaining game, altho Spain didn't play their best. And i don't understand the South African coach, why did they wait until the 82nd minute until they brought on a new player? Should've come in 65th.

And a question, almost everytime Booth gets the ball the crowd "boo's"... Why? Is it because he is white, or what's the deal?

Edit: Oh just checked wiki, they are shouting "Booth" not "boo". My mistake, but it sounds very similar lol.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

And i don't understand the South African coach, why did they wait until the 82nd minute until they brought on a new player? Should've come in 65th.

Was probably to do with the NZ-Iraq match, even though they were losing, it wasn;t heavily and Iraq wern't winning so it was all good for them.

The atmosphere seemed awful, just those bloody air horns or whatever going off all the time, no singing at all and sounded like a swarm of bees.

iteme3721.jpg

Spain and Mexico.

Mexico is also getting better with each passing year because of new talent. (which have u-20 and other youth cups). Albeit, Mexico hasn't been strutting its stuff lately.

Spain. Nuff Said.

*Reply to another previous post about Mexico, they aren't eliminated, they're just walking a very fine line. They should be fine though ;)

dtownboy.png

chatscreen-1-1.jpg

Brawl Code: 1633-9644-2679 (always up for a battle! PM me.)

Haven't Mexico been doing pretty awful lately. Also they won the U-18 world cup in 2005 and that generation hasn't developed too well yet.

iteme3721.jpg

Haven't Mexico been doing pretty awful lately. Also they won the U-18 world cup in 2005 and that generation hasn't developed too well yet.

They have been sub-par lately within the past 4 or 5 matches. Yes, they have been developing well, they are just not as good as the more veteran players (obviously, as international experience at a high level is a factor.)

I'm not too concerned, as much as it frowned upon to say this a reason, they have been having internal problems with coaches (in which they have had 3 within a year and a half.)

dtownboy.png

chatscreen-1-1.jpg

Brawl Code: 1633-9644-2679 (always up for a battle! PM me.)

The atmosphere seemed awful, just those bloody air horns or whatever going off all the time, no singing at all and sounded like a swarm of bees.

God I hope they ban those damn things before the World Cup starts. There was some singing by the South African fans towards the end but it was totally drowned out by the horns.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

God I hope they ban those damn things before the World Cup starts. There was some singing by the South African fans towards the end but it was totally drowned out by the horns.

In my opinion you can't fault the atmosphere of a giant football match

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Come on Italy! \'

I guess we better pick a new team :cry: -.-

I knew Italy won't get that far...They got Lucky with the US team...

Haha! Damn!

Congrats USA!

Villa and Torres weren't very good. Spain played very good later into the game, but Villa and Torres seemed unwilling to run.

And USA, what a defence.

And that red card... He should've let Spain play on and see what happens and then give the guy a yellow card. Now they lost a guy and Spain lost their attack.

A really cool cup this =D

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

So this was the Confed Cup semi? Wouldn't have picked the US to take out Spain but congrats :thumbup:. I didn't see the match though... #-o

It's not that strange that US won. US always seem so motivated, and Spain probably underestimated the USA. USA played well, and Spain had bad luck, they had so many chances, but every time there was a leg or something else between the ball and the goal.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

So this was the Confed Cup semi? Wouldn't have picked the US to take out Spain but congrats :thumbup:. I didn't see the match though... #-o

It's not that strange that US won. US always seem so motivated, and Spain probably underestimated the USA. USA played well, and Spain had bad luck, they had so many chances, but every time there was a leg or something else between the ball and the goal.

Honestly, I love my nation and am ecstatic that we not only won, but shut Spain out (read: [bleep] YEAH MOTHER [bleep]ERS), but at least based on the second half Spain should have won. Spain had more shots, more energy and more control. The US by all means deserved the win through their tenacity and willingness to take every chance they had, and no major event of the game occured through anything less than the will of the players, but take one look at the statistics of the game, and you have to admit, it is a little strange that US won.

Also, why the hell doe no one in this nation watch soccer. I worked at a restaurant tonight, and you know what was on the TV? Baseball. We, the United States of America, in one of the, if not the, greatest international sports tournament on this here globe, have defeated the number one ranking team in the world and advanced farther on any international sports stage than we ever have before.

And [bleep]ing bum[bleep] MLB is on the tele.

Only in America, eh?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

We, the United States of America, in one of the, if not the, greatest international sports tournament on this here globe, have defeated the number one ranking team in the world and advanced farther on any international sports stage than we ever have before.

It was only the Confed's Cup :P but yeah big moment for US football (er.. soccer).

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Don't ruin the moment. We kicked Spain's [wagon] >_>.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.