Tip.It Times: 7 June 2009

Mirror

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly you, like our four authors, could use a proof-reader. I was somewhat disappointed to note that none of the articles this week were grammatically flawless.

To err is to human. Nobody is perfect. Don't tell me you don't make a single grammatical or spelling mistake.

[humor]Besides, replying to the thread with nothing productive in the same amount of time you could have sent in corrections is definitely the right thing to do. :D [/humor]

I feel this week had a strong release, both public and behind the scenes! Good job guys!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I think that the first article was a great one. I have a few times heard about this massive party hat duplication hack, but I have never known or looked it up myself what it really was. After have reading through this article I now know what happened.

This is an important piece of RS history and it's good that you have written about it, since I'm sure that many like myself didn't know about this. It's an interesting story that teaches us lots of things about how Jagex works and how you shouldn't do if you an duplication bug (Keep the secret for yourself :twisted: ).

A good article!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I realy enjoye reading the first article, its very interesting in fact. The other articles were good too. Good read. :)

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

I only read the first and third articles because I'm a f2p player.

Both of them were great IMO.

Clearly you, like our four authors, could use a proof-reader. I was somewhat disappointed to note that none of the articles this week were grammatically flawless.

To err is to human. Nobody is perfect. Don't tell me you don't make a single grammatical or spelling mistake.

If you're going to criticise my comments on grammar, at least get your own right. To err either 'is to be' or just 'is', not 'is to'.

[humor]Besides, replying to the thread with nothing productive in the same amount of time you could have sent in corrections is definitely the right thing to do. :D [/humor]

Fair point, yes I could send in corrections (and for the purposes of this response I'll ignore your own mistakes above), but as a reader that's not my job. It's a little like saying J.K. Rowling doesn't need to bother about grammar in her Harry Potter books because the readers can just write back with corrections. :P

In my opinion the corrections should be made before 'going to press', especially given many of the errors in this week's articles would be easy to fix. The only reason I comment on errors is because I feel they detract from my reading experience and in fact can often completely ruin a good post.

Loved the article about the party hats! I really had the feeling like that day was an enormously important day in Runescape history lol, sounded so seriously, but amusing! I never knew why party hats are so expensive, well, until now! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Contagiouz.png

dmfxip.png

Lol.

Kinda proves your point I guess :)

:o THAT IS SO AWESOME

I'd heard that Jagex read the forums and such but I'd never really thought too much about it... maybe I should start spamming my CV everywhere so they can read it and hire me <3:

Good articles :thumbup:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

If you're going to criticise my comments on grammar, at least get your own right. To err either 'is to be' or just 'is', not 'is to'.

Fair point, yes I could send in corrections (and for the purposes of this response I'll ignore your own mistakes above), but as a reader that's not my job. It's a little like saying J.K. Rowling doesn't need to bother about grammar in her Harry Potter books because the readers can just write back with corrections. :P

In my opinion the corrections should be made before 'going to press', especially given many of the errors in this week's articles would be easy to fix. The only reason I comment on errors is because I feel they detract from my reading experience and in fact can often completely ruin a good post.

if your going to be that much of a grammar troll gtfo out of here and go back the the RSOF where you belong.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

if your going to be that much of a grammar troll gtfo out of here and go back the the RSOF where you belong.

Keep it nice please, everyone is allowed to give there opinion about the articles.

If you don't agree with someone that's fine, and you can discuss it if you like but keep it within the lines. ;)

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

duping article: good read, i remember that day very well lol. (although sadly was too incompetent to grasp the full meaning of it at the time)

penguin article: i loved it! penguins have always been my favorite story line and i thought the author expounded upon it well.

Hip article: ok read wasnt anything new though really.

over all: great times this week compared to the last few ones (especially the last 2 weeks). sry to say but proof-reading is always good if ur going to publish something (i know i write like cabbage but i feel that this is small post doesn't require such effort :P

but i do give this week a big :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

Liked the dupe article. Never realised that was how it worked and just how out of hand the duping actually got.

A good read. :thumbup:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

So that's what happened to the cards......

Wait, so what about people who do the cold war quest now? Do they get to keep their cards or did they retcon the quest to take it away after you're done with it the first time?....

Either way, I can't wait to see what kind of favor the Don of penguins would have me do.

About that tweet.....I have to say, that's sort of creepy.

Are they looking this way now? EVERYBODY HIDE :o

8f14270694.jpg

woah, i thought the Penguin article was epic. some of you may say, "so what? its just a kgp id card, or its just a dumb quest, etc"...but thts either because you didn't do cold war, you don't enjoy quests, or u only do quests for rewards etc. the fact that the penguin mafia went through all the trouble to steal all the kgp id cards is a big mystery which helps the plot thicken for the next cold war quest

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Hah. In your face.

Do you think I wouldn't have checked out that the real idiom is "to err is human"/"to err is to be human"? I was just making my point. "To err is to human" is a mistake. So what? I mean what the hell? We're all humans. We make mistakes. Its not like we are perfect.

Although I think this grammar argument has gotten out of hand, I must complain about this sentence in the "Hip Jagex" article.

Eventually, however, no need for however Tip.It announced a partnership with Jagex.

That sentence confused the hell outta me. Although, overall is was a good article...Personally, Jagex on all the social networking sites do not interest me for 2 reasons.

1) I'm a closet RS player. Although I wouldn't deny it if asked directly, I try to keep it secret that I play. Yes yes yes I know, yeah yeah.

2) Social networking sites are of no interest to me whatsoever. Me on facebook = what do I do now? And what I do is go somewhere else.

Also, the party hap duplication article was very informative. It was just something people referred to, and I never knew much about it (other then the fact that p hats were duplicated.)

And the penguin article is entertaining....Although I'm not worried. I have a simple, but boring outlook on it; the mafia didn't steal the card, Jagex nerfed the game so that you would need to get into their debt. The penguin mentioned a human agent as well...I suspect we will become that agent in the future. But if that is the case, why wasn't it mentioned originally?

Plus, in the RS storyline, there aren't millions of people doing this quest. There is one person, so at best they went into your bank and took a very penguinish item.

Anyways, that's my two cents. I've been known to be wrong before....

Like when Jagex announced Spirit of Summer quest and I ridiculed some guy for this stupid wacky far out theory that the people at the farm were being held against their will be some sort of evil beast....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Great first two articles!

(Only ones I read ::' )

I learn new things every week thanks to the "Did you know..." section near the bottom.

:thumbsup:

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

Hmmm, didn't the earth rune and empty cert dupe happen BEFORE the phat dupe? Thus making your point about the phat dupe being the first dupe incorrect?

~Dave

In almost complete retirement.

goodbye0vx.png

I really hate people who do things like that on a secondary account and expect not to be banned on their main. If people wish to indulge in cyber-terrorism then THEY are the ones accountable, not their character