Level 3 skillers

gongusan

Ok, a pure I can understand, you make a pure and you have a main, the main skills and monster hunts, while the pure pks as it has an advantage pking vs other players of the same level. But what the hell is the point in making a skiller?

There's nothing more fun or more advantageous about being level 3 and having high skills rather than being a level 100 and being able to boss hunt andhave high skills.

Ok so you can say 'oh luk at me im lvl 3 and i have 99 mining lololol', but at the end of the day thats why i dislike them, they think theyre special because theyre level 3.

So another argument could be that 'it's a challenge'. Ok maybe, but why challenge yourself when you could just play a main, at the end of the day there's very little difference, you're more limiting yourself than 'challenging' yourself, you could just do the same things on your main without so much trouble.

And I just dced while typing this but o well.

Anyway yeah skillers at level 3 combat are only their to boost their egos, and give no advantage whatsoever and are not really more fun no matter how hard they try and deny it, they're just doing it to feel special.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Skillers are pointless.

However, if someone actually can enjoy playing a sub-par account, why not?

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

There's nothing more fun or more advantageous about being level 3 and having high skills rather than being a level 100 and being able to boss hunt andhave high skills.

Fun is subjective. I do think it's pretty dumb to give yourself handicaps, but to each his own I suppose.

Fun is subjective. I do think it's pretty dumb to give yourself handicaps, but to each his own I suppose.

Plus the point is that it adds a challenge. You can do all that with combat, skillers do the same without.

Because, people think its harder to have 99 mining as a level 3, than 99 mining as a level 80. Or something something something.

And it is, most skills are more challenging as a low level, and though i hate how they act superior, i do respect them.

O.O

Because, people think its harder to have 99 mining as a level 3, than 99 mining as a level 80. Or something something something.

And it is, most skills are more challenging as a low level, and though i hate how they act superior, i do respect them.

whats to respect, wow they limited themself instead of just getting it as a main. nothing respectable about that

Some people don't like combat, and really like skills. So the cool thing to do is to show your dedication to just skilling by having a level 3.

Yeah, this limits what they can do in the game. But so does being a high level f2p player, versus paying for membership.

People do what they want. It's a game.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS.

Skillers are pointless IMO, as I like training combat. But does it mean I can criticise them for choosing this path? No.

But why must you rant about other people CHOOSING to skill? Its their own thinking, their own opinion, their own account? Will it affect you? No. If they boast, just turn off public chat or IGNORE them. You can have your own opinion about them. They like skilling, just as much as you like combat. So you can say SKILLING = pointless. Combat = OWNAGE. They will also think COMBAT = pointless. SKILLING = PWNAGE.

So please, stop wasting tip.it's space with pointless posts.

This is a difficult concept for some to grasp; runescape is supposed to be fun.

If you enjoy monster hunting, go for it. What you're saying is, I liek 2 keel munsterz so uz nub cuz u dont. Having 99 mining shows your dedication to something that's difficult to achieve. I rarely run into skillers, or anybody bragging about thier skills since I got membership. If you don't like it, then you can and should quit.

This is a difficult concept for some to grasp; runescape is supposed to be fun.

If you enjoy monster hunting, go for it. What you're saying is, I liek 2 keel munsterz so uz nub cuz u dont. Having 99 mining shows your dedication to something that's difficult to achieve. I rarely run into skillers, or anybody bragging about thier skills since I got membership. If you don't like it, then you can and should quit.

:thumbup:

There is no "wrong" way to play Runescape. If you play within the rules, then why can't someone just play the game how they want? Honestly, I don't see a problem with a level 3 skiller, in fact, I have one. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but that does not mean said opinion is the one everyone has to follow. So let the skillers play their way, the mains play their way, and the pures their way. They are allowed to play how they want...

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

This question still remains: Why do they find it more fun to limit themselves in their options? I mean, they might not like combat, but instead of training it a little bit for useful quests and such, they insist on staying level 3. It's not like it's much more of a challenge either, they can't use some of the better methods of training and runecrafting is nearly impossible, but besides that all being level 3 is going to do for them is going to cost them time.

The only option left seems to be that they do it to earn respect, which is pointless in my opinion.

2dvjurb.png

Yes, the question is, why do they find it fun to cripple themselves? And why don't they want to have their accounts any higher than lvl 3, and regard accidentally levelling to lvl 4 as ruining the account?

Because they want to show off. It has little to do with fun. Ohmigosh look how much fun I'm having by NOT training certain skills.

Right. Not saying all lvl 3's are like that, but a lot of them do have that mentality.

Some people didn't want the gilded altar update. People like to be challenged. So basically, what you're saying is, "Everybody should do what I do, train how I train and play how I play"... That sounds a bit like communism to me ;D

whats to respect, wow they limited themself instead of just getting it as a main. nothing respectable about that

Combat is one of the easiest and bareable* ways to make money. Everything else is pretty much 3x more repetive, and thus boring.

What's the use of a PKer? You dont need to kill players, it doesnt make money.

It's fun.

So is a level 3 skiller.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

The question of Why is proposed, and I can't answer for everyone. Sure, you may have stated why some people play with a lvl 3 skiller, for pride/boasting. Personally for myself, when I had my skiller, it was to look like an auto (the default clothing before all the new clothing started) and I had a blast surprising people when they claimed I was a bot, and I would have a conversation with them at the Yews. I found it relatively fun and relaxing in comparison with my main.

And yes, it could be considered a challenge. Sure they aren't using the fastest method (I would rather say that instead of better, because better doesn't always mean faster to me.) but if they enjoy doing something a particular way, there is no reason to look down on them for that. Time soley is not something to base how well something is, a crucial item of importance in a game] is fun, at least to me.

In the end, It's called preferences. We all have them, so don't discriminate for someone's choices in a game.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

The question of Why is proposed, and I can't answer for everyone. Sure, you may have stated why some people play with a lvl 3 skiller, for pride/boasting. Personally for myself, when I had my skiller, it was to look like an auto (the default clothing before all the new clothing started) and I had a blast surprising people when they claimed I was a bot, and I would have a conversation with them at the Yews. I found it relatively fun and relaxing in comparison with my main.

And yes, it could be considered a challenge. Sure they aren't using the fastest method (I would rather say that instead of better, because better doesn't always mean faster to me.) but if they enjoy doing something a particular way, there is no reason to look down on them for that. Time soley is not something to base how well something is, a crucial item of importance in a game] is fun, at least to me.

In the end, It's called preferences. We all have them, so don't discriminate for someone's choices in a game.

Agreed. For those idiots who keep saying "why do they choose to limit themselves this way" or whatever.

Its their account. Its none of your business how they train, why they want to remain level 3, why they choose to limit themselves, etc. Their choice has absolutely no impact on you, except maybe some slight changes in GE prices, so you have NO right to criticise and discriminate against them. Its their account. Its their life. They choose what they want.

Agreed. For those idiots who keep saying "why do they choose to limit themselves this way" or whatever.

Its their account. Its none of your business how they train, why they want to remain level 3, why they choose to limit themselves, etc. Their choice has absolutely no impact on you, except maybe some slight changes in GE prices, so you have NO right to criticise and discriminate against them. Its their account. Its their life. They choose what they want.

Bot ai wonna kil bandoz and i wan gud statz cos i lik 2 kil dey nub

This is what I'm seeing from the anti-skiller side >.>