Level 3 skillers

gongusan

The question of Why is proposed, and I can't answer for everyone. Sure, you may have stated why some people play with a lvl 3 skiller, for pride/boasting. Personally for myself, when I had my skiller, it was to look like an auto (the default clothing before all the new clothing started) and I had a blast surprising people when they claimed I was a bot, and I would have a conversation with them at the Yews. I found it relatively fun and relaxing in comparison with my main.

And yes, it could be considered a challenge. Sure they aren't using the fastest method (I would rather say that instead of better, because better doesn't always mean faster to me.) but if they enjoy doing something a particular way, there is no reason to look down on them for that. Time soley is not something to base how well something is, a crucial item of importance in a game] is fun, at least to me.

In the end, It's called preferences. We all have them, so don't discriminate for someone's choices in a game.

Agreed. For those idiots who keep saying "why do they choose to limit themselves this way" or whatever.

Its their account. Its none of your business how they train, why they want to remain level 3, why they choose to limit themselves, etc. Their choice has absolutely no impact on you, except maybe some slight changes in GE prices, so you have NO right to criticise and discriminate against them. Its their account. Its their life. They choose what they want.

Bot ai wonna kil bandoz and i wan gud statz cos i lik 2 kil dey nub

This is what I'm seeing from the anti-skiller side >.>

I'm not a skiller or "combat-er", more like a balanced account (sort of anyway -.- ). I don't support skilling. In fact I find it pointless. But I find it incredibly ridiculous and stupid that skillers are discriminated for choosing a certain path. Its their life, their account. There's no need for players to criticise and discriminate against them.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question of Why is proposed, and I can't answer for everyone. Sure, you may have stated why some people play with a lvl 3 skiller, for pride/boasting. Personally for myself, when I had my skiller, it was to look like an auto (the default clothing before all the new clothing started) and I had a blast surprising people when they claimed I was a bot, and I would have a conversation with them at the Yews. I found it relatively fun and relaxing in comparison with my main.

And yes, it could be considered a challenge. Sure they aren't using the fastest method (I would rather say that instead of better, because better doesn't always mean faster to me.) but if they enjoy doing something a particular way, there is no reason to look down on them for that. Time soley is not something to base how well something is, a crucial item of importance in a game] is fun, at least to me.

In the end, It's called preferences. We all have them, so don't discriminate for someone's choices in a game.

Agreed. For those idiots who keep saying "why do they choose to limit themselves this way" or whatever.

Its their account. Its none of your business how they train, why they want to remain level 3, why they choose to limit themselves, etc. Their choice has absolutely no impact on you, except maybe some slight changes in GE prices, so you have NO right to criticise and discriminate against them. Its their account. Its their life. They choose what they want.

I'm not a skiller or "combat-er", more like a balanced account (sort of anyway -.- ). I don't support skilling. In fact I find it pointless. But I find it incredibly ridiculous and stupid that skillers are discriminated for choosing a certain path. Its their life, their account. There's no need for players to criticise and discriminate against them.

You are...

You are...

I am...what?

I am stating my own opinion that I find skilling pointless, but I don't criticise people for being skillers. I don't say "You are a noob cause you skill!".

whats to respect, wow they limited themself instead of just getting it as a main. nothing respectable about that

So, They may find it fun being a level 3, its more challenging.

Isnt the reason we respect a high skill level because its more challenging? Why shouldnt we respect a level 3 because it was more challenging to make that account what it is.

Sure, the main may have every skill the skiller has, plus combat stats, but the level 3 probably spent 3 times longer on his account, and thus deserves move "respect"

O.O

You are...

I am...what?

I am stating my own opinion that I find skilling pointless, but I don't criticise people for being skillers. I don't say "You are a noob cause you skill!".

*sigh* let's continue the debate after you finish 8th grade ;D

You know, you must really suckif you play runescape JUST to combat. It's not a good combat simulator. The reason people play runescape mostly is because of the variation of combat and skills, not just one big killfest

I dont need a siggy no moar.

why challenge yourself when you could just play a main, at the end of the day there's very little difference, you're more limiting yourself than 'challenging' yourself, you could just do the same things on your main without so much trouble.

Well what's the point of any game? Not to breeze past it and finish for the hell of it. Sure Runescape isn't your average console game, but it follows the exact same philosophy. People get bored, and they want a challenge. Challenges are what make games fun.

But yeah I don't think I'd ever spend time on a skiller. I'd rather spend time on my main, and I agree when you say it's a waste of time. BUT, I can understand why people would make a skiller, and it's only a waste of time if you're focused on one account and want challenges on just that account.

You are...

I am...what?

*sigh* let's continue the debate after you finish 8th grade ;D

There's a difference between discrimination and stating your opinion.

Discrimination: Skillers suck. They are stupid, etc. They don't deserve respect.

Stating opinion: I find skilling boring and rather pointless. However I still respect skillers' decision to skill because its their account, and its none of our business what they do.

why challenge yourself when you could just play a main, at the end of the day there's very little difference, you're more limiting yourself than 'challenging' yourself, you could just do the same things on your main without so much trouble.

Well what's the point of any game? Not to breeze past it and finish for the hell of it. Sure Runescape isn't your average console game, but it follows the exact same philosophy. People get bored, and they want a challenge. Challenges are what make games fun.

But yeah I don't think I'd ever spend time on a skiller. I'd rather spend time on my main, and I agree when you say it's a waste of time. BUT, I can understand why people would make a skiller, and it's only a waste of time if you're focused on one account and want challenges on just that account.

Agreed. That's my opinion too. They say great minds think alike ;)

You said what I wanted to say. Skillers want challenges, and its their account, their life. So why should these people criticise and discriminate against them for choosing a particular path to follow?

This question still remains: Why do they find it more fun to limit themselves in their options? I mean, they might not like combat, but instead of training it a little bit for useful quests and such, they insist on staying level 3. It's not like it's much more of a challenge either, they can't use some of the better methods of training and runecrafting is nearly impossible, but besides that all being level 3 is going to do for them is going to cost them time.

The only option left seems to be that they do it to earn respect, which is pointless in my opinion.

THIS

earning respect in a game is pointless, its just like high lvl f2pers

The only non-combat skills I can understand someone would bother making a pure with would be either farming or construction, those skills actually have some degree of variety and don't require ungodly grinding sessions. (then the challange comes from obtaining the cash... so even then it would be ideal to make the account a pker as a means of profit)

Otherwise I usually just ignore skillers when they're strutting about with their capes... like so what? You wasted countless hours of time you could have spent on your main or better yet... NOT PLAYING lol.

They do all that pointless "work" just so that can have noobs eye them with jealousy, that's what it boils down to, in fact, that's what MOST of the game boils down to.

On the matter of them showing off, just ignore them.

And please, 99 str/atk/def/whatever people also show off. So what if a skill is "buyable"? Does that mean it is easy? Construction/cooking/whatever is "buyable" = easy? No way. You still have to earn the money in the first place. And don't be stupid and tell me money is "buyable". Unless you RWT...and you'll be reported immediately if you do. Just because you can use gp to buy a level 99 in a skill, so its "buyable" and this easy?

hi, i'm life of lv3. i am a skiller in runescape. what i dont understand about your rant is the fact that you classify skillers all together, as if not one of us is unique, yet the same occusion could be said about pure's or overall players.

you ask why make things three times harder for yourself when you could just gain combat and gain access to all area's?

well in my reply to that i will mention how combat has been making runescape easier. there is now very little challenge left on runescape if you are level 138.

for skiller's this is different. having a challenge doesnt necisarrily make thing harder, but sometime's more enjoyable.

you claim that pure's have a use which is to fight other players. skillers do acctualy have a similar thing: skilling races, or competitions. i dont know about you but i enjoy skilling with other players and comepeting makes it even more fun.

all in all i dissagree with your rant mainly because you steriotype all skillers to have the same view's and arrogance of some you may have seen.

life_of_lv3.pngdyvmf7.jpg

hi, i'm life of lv3. i am a skiller in runescape. what i dont understand about your rant is the fact that you classify skillers all together, as if not one of us is unique, yet the same occusion could be said about pure's or overall players.

you ask why make things three times harder for yourself when you could just gain combat and gain access to all area's?

well in my reply to that i will mention how combat has been making runescape easier. there is now very little challenge left on runescape if you are level 138.

for skiller's this is different. having a challenge doesnt necisarrily make thing harder, but sometime's more enjoyable.

you claim that pure's have a use which is to fight other players. skillers do acctualy have a similar thing: skilling races, or competitions. i dont know about you but i enjoy skilling with other players and comepeting makes it even more fun.

all in all i dissagree with your rant mainly because you steriotype all skillers to have the same view's and arrogance of some you may have seen.

Well said, well said =D>

Though you could improve your spelling, grammar and punctuation... ::' At least its readable though. :lol:

What exactly makes being a skiller more of a challenge, other than a lower xp rate for most skills and not being able to do combat?

2dvjurb.png

What exactly makes being a skiller more of a challenge, other than a lower xp rate for most skills and not being able to do combat?

Many people mistake tediousness for difficulty.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

True. I laugh when people say agility is hard. It's just boring as hell.

But being a skiller is more challenging due to not being able to use the best things available; things which mains often take for granted. Even as a pure I've noticed skilling can be alot harder when you're not on a main, and I'm not mistaking tediousness with difficulty here.

Zerker_jane.png

But being a skiller is more challenging due to not being able to use the best things available; things which mains often take for granted. Even as a pure I've noticed skilling can be alot harder when you're not on a main, and I'm not mistaking tediousness with difficulty here.

I've noticed something similar on a low level F2P account. Very limited teleporting alone makes it more difficult. Lower health for skills like Agility and Thieving would eliminate some options entirely, and for those that are still there they would be a lot harder to use.

I've noticed something similar on a low level F2P account. Very limited teleporting alone makes it more difficult. Lower health for skills like Agility and Thieving would eliminate some options entirely, and for those that are still there they would be a lot harder to use.

Add in being unable to wield axes/pickaxes and getting scared away by the lvl 14 scorpions in the Al Kharid Mine, otherwise a great mining spot for f2pers.

This is a difficult concept for some to grasp; runescape is supposed to be fun.

If you enjoy monster hunting, go for it. What you're saying is, I liek 2 keel munsterz so uz nub cuz u dont. Having 99 mining shows your dedication to something that's difficult to achieve. I rarely run into skillers, or anybody bragging about thier skills since I got membership. If you don't like it, then you can and should quit.

:thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Agreed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that skillers she be ranted on just because of "some" of the skillers you meet seem to act as a superior. There are several skillers that are really friendly, and many are moderators! If skillers are being ranted on, then so should High-Leveled players. This rant shouldn't be pushed towards one group of players, but everyone in runescape.

I just really don't understand the point of your rant.

Pure Skillers Challenge themselves, and so does High leveled players. As said in an above post it shows your dedication to whatever skill you're training. Some people prefer Skilling, and some prefer Combat, and heck.. Some enjoy both! Please look at different points before ranting on a group of Runescape Users.

~Duck

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |