9th June 2009 - Run Energy Update / Patch Notes

Johannas

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) Agility no longer gives a boost on free worlds, as it was giving members an unfair advantage against free users when PKing or resource gathering on free worlds. Members features were always supposed to be turned off on free worlds to avoid spoiling the game for the free players, and indeed most of them were (which is why you cant use members weapons on free worlds, for example), but for some reason we missed the Agility one. Of course, members are welcome to also play on free worlds if they want to, but they shouldnt expect to have an unfair advantage against free users when playing on a free users world.

:( Dang. I was really liking being able to run farther as a free player. I hope I can still make it from the mining guild to Fally bank and back without having to walk now :|

But the magic spell icons are amazing :thumbsup:

1icyna.png

* While on PvP worlds, you will now be shown a percentage of your maximum possible drop potential and, also, a line it can't pass if you're not in a hot zone.

* Converted Barbarian Assault to use elemental and catalytic runes, similiar to the Fist of Guthix minigame.

* Improved the combat code for familiars, due to a timing issue.

* Moved a chicken slightly!

Great patch notes, great update, gonna make a lot of people train agility now. I'm guessing zilyana's room is a 16x16 now..

Magic icons look a lot better too

EDIT: Reason I put Barb Assault is because I'm sure someone out there still had a force teleport that allowed them to smuggle the runes, and elemenetal + catalytic runes are area based (know someone that smuggled them out of FoG but couldn't use them)

*cough* summoning familiar/Ring of life *cough*

(Tainted ones kept that quiet a long long time.)

2v8sgvs.png

So did they update the Lunar & Ancient spellbooks as well? Confused.

Looking at the KB articles, no.

---

Epic upgrade for agility

Hey all,

Please don't fret, this is not deliberate. It's a bug which occurred when we made a fundamental change to the game engine.

We are working on a fix now and apologise for the scare! :)

By Mod Emilee about Eating/drinking while running.

Awesome updates. Im glad I put aside getting 99 runecraft now agility actually has more of an effect.

Might not be necessary to go to the pools for energy on clue scrolls now rest between hints.

All other stuff is pretty good. I hope whenever you skip a slayer task it actually counts that too so it doesnt repeat. That save a few slayer points..

I doubt the summoning patch really changed anything but maybe.

Minimap is now awesome although im sure they said it was a technical issue preventing them doing that before..

And here it is in HD with a little stretch just to give a clear view. :P

sararoom.png

The issue when equipping items and eating food whilst running should be fixed with this update.

As a bonus, if you were attempting to attack an npc and ate, you no longer have to rely upon autoretaliate to recommence fighting again.

Before:

Attack an NPC, Eat, You'd stop attacking until the NPC hit you again.

After:

Attack an NPC, Eat, Continue fighting!

Great!

The issue when equipping items and eating food whilst running should be fixed with this update.

As a bonus, if you were attempting to attack an npc and ate, you no longer have to rely upon autoretaliate to recommence fighting again.

Before:

Attack an NPC, Eat, You'd stop attacking until the NPC hit you again.

After:

Attack an NPC, Eat, Continue fighting!

Great!

:thumbsup:

Spaz4010.png